Toneboosters new plugins and updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compressor 4 is I assume new? Also updates to various plugins including Reel bus

https://www.toneboosters.com/
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Dual VCF looks interesting although having some trouble finding demo videos of bandpass filter and other properties being fully explored. Might not be worth it as I already have apQualizr 2 which i like a lot

ghj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

That was happening to me at either Plugin Boutique or Audio Deluxe (I think PB), I wanted to change Payment method, but no, all done and dusted. I looked into my PayPal account, and there was a setting something to do with automatic payments, and whatever site it was was listed, I just unchecked/deleted whatever the site and all was good. I may have inadvertently clicked something or left something checked or maybe something slip by me unawares rushing to get a new plug, but whatever it was taking the site out of the automatic payments fixed it.
Say NO to CLAP!

codec_spurt wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:22 pm
I guess it's just me and I'm just an arsehole and don't know how to use the internet. I suppose.
or that part of the internet is designed to benefit someone other than people like you - somewhat akin to this possibly apocryphal quote
""Looking at life from a different perspective makes you realize that it's not the deer that is crossing the road, rather it's the road that is crossing the forest." - Muhammad Ali."

jinotsuh wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:12 am That was happening to me at either Plugin Boutique or Audio Deluxe (I think PB), I wanted to change Payment method, but no, all done and dusted. I looked into my PayPal account, and there was a setting something to do with automatic payments, and whatever site it was was listed, I just unchecked/deleted whatever the site and all was good. I may have inadvertently clicked something or left something checked or maybe something slip by me unawares rushing to get a new plug, but whatever it was taking the site out of the automatic payments fixed it.
Interesting, and good to know it seems a setting in Paypal and is unrelated to how plugin devs sell their stuff :-) I never had any issues like this (and I didn't change any Paypal settings... duh).

Hmm... I really don't understand the statements here. Paypal or any site doesn't charge you before you approve of the purchase again after having been redirected from the Paypal site. It never happened here, and I doubt that it would happen on any site.

And, what you see in your account are probably sites which you authorized to access your Paypal account, to make one click purchases (it's usually called "Save your payment details for future purchases" or something similar). It takes a bit more than that though, you definitely have to approve to that in your Paypal account.

dddc
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

The vcf update now has an additional switch for steeper resonance .
I really like the 4 pole 80’s filter
Still pretty annoying the filters are serial routing only , and no way to turn of the limiter ( which introduces 3 ms of delay )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

codec_spurt wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:50 pm Paypal or any site doesn't charge you before you approve of the purchase again after having been redirected from the Paypal site. It never happened here, and I doubt that it would happen on any site.
But it has been swept under the carpet and no further action taken.
Well not really. We've tried hard to replicate this issue but failed to do so. We haven't heard about other customers having this issue either - ever. In our tests there's always a confirmation step before a payment is made through Paypal - I'm not even sure one can transact anything without confirmation. It's sad to hear that this did not happen to you as it should! And as you mentioned we've offered the option for a refund right away.

The external payment processors cannot purchase stuff using PayPal without the explicit consent given to PayPal itself by the account owner which is you. However if you gave authorization for fast payment or any fancy stuff within PayPal, that could request skipping parts of the purchase process for your convenience. This is a PayPal account setup issue.

Will VCF have parallel update at some point or it will remain serial only?

dddd
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

lajosuti wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:29 pm The external payment processors cannot purchase stuff using PayPal without the explicit consent given to PayPal itself by the account owner which is you. However if you gave authorization for fast payment or any fancy stuff within PayPal, that could request skipping parts of the purchase process for your convenience. This is a PayPal account setup issue.
Yes it is likely there's some Paypal setup issue happening here. We've followed up with our payment processor and they gave the same response.

codec_spurt wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:14 pm
djeroen wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:00 am
codec_spurt wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:50 pm Paypal or any site doesn't charge you before you approve of the purchase again after having been redirected from the Paypal site. It never happened here, and I doubt that it would happen on any site.
But it has been swept under the carpet and no further action taken.
Well not really. We've tried hard to replicate this issue but failed to do so. We haven't heard about other customers having this issue either - ever. In our tests there's always a confirmation step before a payment is made through Paypal - I'm not even sure one can transact anything without confirmation. It's sad to hear that this did not happen to you as it should! And as you mentioned we've offered the option for a refund right away.
Look we're very sorry that this happened; it's something beyond our own control as it is an interaction between paypal and an external payment processor. We've immediately offered a refund to correct this. We've also followed up with the payment processor and likely it has to do with how Paypal was set up in your account (see similar explanations above). That said, the suggestion was to take this up with Paypal and let them explain how a payment got authorized without your explicit consent. They will have audit trails to see what happened. We'd be happy to help out in this process but we are just the 3rd party here unfortunately. Hope this helps!

Return to “Effects”