The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah,see if it works first.

dont want you to feel you have to destroy a song you love, we can break rules :D
head is my favourite monkees album, but i grew up watching them on tv. lile many folk, you included i imagine, although i think we got them many years later. wed have banana splits on saturday monkees on sunday morning.
or school holidays

i was gutted when i grew up and started joining bands, and none of them lived together :cry:

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:55 pm 4th track from my upcoming CD "Disco Everywhere"

This one I just plain took the piss with. A lighthearted poke at The Ohio Players and another "disco flavored" track. The next track will be more classic disco. But I had to do this one. Obviously, not to be taken seriously at all. :lol:

Funky Disco Me

Well, well
Oh yeah, I am funky
You think I'm not
Well I'm gonna show you
Just what I got

I'm cool yes I am boy
I got all the moves
This song she is funky
She's got all the grooves

Are you ready for the chorus
It's real funky you will see
It's the real funky me

Funky disco me
I know you don't believe
Funky disco me
What a tangled web we weave

Instrumental Break

You wonder how I did this
It's a mystery
Just wait and you will see

I'm a wiz at the funky
I'm a wiz at it all
If you are a music junky
All you have to do is call

Repeat Pre Chorus and Chorus

Instrumental Break

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/funky-disco-me
It's obvious you put a lot of effort into these tracks. The intro reminded me of an old, northern soul track. Really enjoyed this Wags. As usual the mix/production is fantastic. Awesome work! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:37 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:55 pm 4th track from my upcoming CD "Disco Everywhere"

This one I just plain took the piss with. A lighthearted poke at The Ohio Players and another "disco flavored" track. The next track will be more classic disco. But I had to do this one. Obviously, not to be taken seriously at all. :lol:

Funky Disco Me

Well, well
Oh yeah, I am funky
You think I'm not
Well I'm gonna show you
Just what I got

I'm cool yes I am boy
I got all the moves
This song she is funky

It's the real funky me

Funky disco me
I know you don't believe
Funky disco me

Instrumental Break

It's a mystery

I'm a wiz at the funky
I'm a wiz at it all
If you are a music junky

Instrumental Break

Outro

It's obvious you put a lot of effort into these tracks. The intro reminded me of an old, northern soul track. Really enjoyed this Wags. As usual the mix/production is fantastic. Awesome work! :tu:
You know, as I'm reading this, it finally sunk in. "mix/production is fantastic" are words I never heard just a couple of years ago.

I owe it to the people in this forum who cared enough to rake me over the coals until I finally stopped being a stubborn ass and actually started caring about how my songs sounded. Most of these people, out of disgust, don't even talk to me anymore. Wonder if they hear how far I've come? Wonder if they even care?

Probably not. And nobody's fault but mine.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:41 pm
jethrobull wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:37 pm

Funky Disco Me

Well, well
Oh yeah, I am funky
You think I'm not
Well I'm gonna show you
Just what I got

I'm cool yes I am boy
I got all the moves
This song she is funky

It's the real funky me

Funky disco me
I know you don't believe
Funky disco me

Instrumental Break

It's a mystery

I'm a wiz at the funky
I'm a wiz at it all
If you are a music junky

Instrumental Break

Outro

You know, as I'm reading this, it finally sunk in. "mix/production is fantastic" are words I never heard just a couple of years ago.

I owe it to the people in this forum who cared enough to rake me over the coals until I finally stopped being a stubborn ass and actually started caring about how my songs sounded. Most of these people, out of disgust, don't even talk to me anymore. Wonder if they hear how far I've come? Wonder if they even care?

Probably not. And nobody's fault but mine.
People hate and don't like hearing criticism. The pure fact that you heard that and learned from it is awesome. Some people would never change and they are the fools. We gotta make mistakes in order to learn and it's certainly paid off here. :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

6th track from my upcoming CD "Disco Everywhere"

Time for more silliness complete with tuba. I've decided that this is going to be just a 12 song CD. Trying to mix up the flavors, there's only so much I'm going to come up with. So it's best I keep this short. So, with that, we are now half way done.

Dwagen Swagen

Are you dwagen, not swagen
Just dwagen, all day
Are you mopin, not hopin
Just mopin, no way

Go outside and feel the sun
You'll feel great when the day is done

Are you weapin, not leapin
Just weapin, all day
Are you losin, not cruisin
Just losin, no way

Instrumental Break

Repeat B Section

Repeat Verse 1

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/dwagen-swagen

Funky Disco Me
^ This is great!! Really!

jackoo wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:32 pm Funky Disco Me
^ This is great!! Really!
Thanks. I'm great when I'm trying to be somebody else. :lol:

This is pretty cool. There is something about your voice that i really like. :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:47 pm This is pretty cool. There is something about your voice that i really like. :tu:
Well, you're one of the very few. :lol: I always wished I could sing like Paul McCartney. Oh well.

Yeah me too :lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I like the synth brass and duck call synth in the intro. Where are those sounds from? Gives me Midnight Star and Dazz Band vibes (from the 80’s though).
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:37 am I like the synth brass and duck call synth in the intro. Where are those sounds from? Gives me Midnight Star and Dazz Band vibes (from the 80’s though).
Which song?

The second disco song:
Excellent song, i very much enjoyed it. Nice melodys. The mix great. I'm looking at Vocaloid now.

The third disco song:
Not really my cup of tea i think. I wouldn't've known this is disco if you hadn't said. However i wasn't alive in the seventies!

The fourth disco song:
Again not my cup of tea, and seems a bit long.

So 2 out of 4 so far for me. :)

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:57 am The second disco song:
Excellent song, i very much enjoyed it. Nice melodys. The mix great. I'm looking at Vocaloid now.

The third disco song:
Not really my cup of tea i think. I wouldn't've known this is disco if you hadn't said. However i wasn't alive in the seventies!

The fourth disco song:
Again not my cup of tea, and seems a bit long.

So 2 out of 4 so far for me. :)
Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

Music Bird wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:37 am I like the synth brass and duck call synth in the intro. Where are those sounds from? Gives me Midnight Star and Dazz Band vibes (from the 80’s though).
Never mind, I know what you're talking about now. That "duck call" is actually me singing through Waves OVox. It is a really cool FX plugin for vocals.

Return to “Music Cafe”