Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

does waldorf accept license transfer?
i want to sell my waldorf largo license

sonic lab does not allow transfer licence

also be careful when buying software from them : they use Strip marketplace, which keep your credit card references for futher payment

and sonic lab defend in this way : Regarding the Stripe issue, as said before this has nothing to do with sonicLAB as there has been a response. This is a Stripe account you do operate on and has no accessibility by us.

Surreal Maschines does not allow transfer their licenses - it's a bullshit :x

does parawave rapid accept license transfer?

forestrip wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:03 pm does waldorf accept license transfer?
i want to sell my waldorf largo license
Yes, they do.

forestrip wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:43 am does parawave rapid accept license transfer?

Hi, unfortunately they do not allow license transfers.

chk071 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:53 am Yes, they do.
paolostylo wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:30 am Hi, unfortunately they do not allow license transfers.
thank you guys! :hug:

Am I assuming correctly, that you can resell Zynaptiq licenses by simply transfering the iLok file for $20?

You may want to ask them first. Usually, it should work, and Zynaptiq are cool guys. However, I have currently issues with another company where the iLok transfer for a license worked (and the FAQ states that it is o.k. for them), but the company doesn't give me access to the installation files (which are hidden in a protected user area, for which I would need access via the previous owners account and serial number!). Which is pretty Kafka-esque, if you ask me.

As I am still in contact with the company and the previous owner, I won't reveal which company this is (want to be fair here, as there's still the option to resolve the situation) - but you may want to prevent such a situation where the iLok transfer works, but the company doesn't really honor the transfer for their own accounts and database...

Ok thanks for the tip. Basically I am considering getting the Design bundle. But I already have Wormhole. So I either want to upgrade if possible or if not, I would consider selling the license I own already. I will just discuss my options with their support. Cheers!

tq wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:59 am You may want to ask them first. Usually, it should work, and Zynaptiq are cool guys. However, I have currently issues with another company where the iLok transfer for a license worked (and the FAQ states that it is o.k. for them), but the company doesn't give me access to the installation files (which are hidden in a protected user area, for which I would need access via the previous owners account and serial number!). Which is pretty Kafka-esque, if you ask me.

As I am still in contact with the company and the previous owner, I won't reveal which company this is (want to be fair here, as there's still the option to resolve the situation) - but you may want to prevent such a situation where the iLok transfer works, but the company doesn't really honor the transfer for their own accounts and database...
Zynaptiq's website will automatically email anyone the installation files to demo, so that probably wouldn't be an issue. (If I remember correctly the installer files are the same as the full version, though I'm not 100% sure....)

A word of warning regarding license transfers at VI Labs (Ravenscroft etc.). They do allow iLok license/authorization transfers, but won't transfer the serial number between user accounts. This means that the seller needs to not only initiate the iLok transfer, but has to send you the full account data (user name & password) @VI Labs. Luckily, the buyer can change both mail address/user name and password afterwards, so that the buyer can make this 'his'/'her' account.

If the seller has multiple VI Labs product, but just wants to sell one - well, then you are in deep trouble... Their policy basically means that you cannot access the installation files then (they are only accessible via account and serial number), or that seller and buyer need to share a user account for lifetime. Very very odd policy, and support wasn't helpful (they answered quickly, but just stated that they can't/won't transfer serials and file access between accounts - *after* the paid-for iLok transfer was already done!).

Personally, I don't get this policy - it's an iLok protected file, anyway, so why prevent a buyer to access it via her/his own account? Looks a bit like a deliberate attempt to make it difficult, and to prevent second-hand sales...

tq wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:05 am A word of warning regarding license transfers at VI Labs (Ravenscroft etc.). They do allow iLok license/authorization transfers, but won't transfer the serial number between user accounts. This means that the seller needs to not only initiate the iLok transfer, but has to send you the full account data (user name & password) @VI Labs. Luckily, the buyer can change both mail address/user name and password afterwards, so that the buyer can make this 'his'/'her' account.

If the seller has multiple VI Labs product, but just wants to sell one - well, then you are in deep trouble... Their policy basically means that you cannot access the installation files then (they are only accessible via account and serial number), or that seller and buyer need to share a user account for lifetime. Very very odd policy, and support wasn't helpful (they answered quickly, but just stated that they can't/won't transfer serials and file access between accounts - *after* the paid-for iLok transfer was already done!).

Personally, I don't get this policy - it's an iLok protected file, anyway, so why prevent a buyer to access it via her/his own account? Looks a bit like a deliberate attempt to make it difficult, and to prevent second-hand sales...
If the seller has downloaded the installation files, couldn't they just email them to the buyer?... Or would the buyer then not have access to updates?

tq wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:05 am A word of warning regarding license transfers at VI Labs (Ravenscroft etc.). They do allow iLok license/authorization transfers, but won't transfer the serial number between user accounts. This means that the seller needs to not only initiate the iLok transfer, but has to send you the full account data (user name & password) @VI Labs. Luckily, the buyer can change both mail address/user name and password afterwards, so that the buyer can make this 'his'/'her' account.
If the seller has multiple VI Labs product, but just wants to sell one - well, then you are in deep trouble...
Update on this case: I asked their support why they have such a strange policy, and I received a very ... uhm... interesting answer:

"Transferring a product to a new user is a waste of server bandwidth (needed to download large sample libraries) and customer service for us, there is actually no reason a third party buyer should profit from any of that."

And:

"Please keep in mind that a license and installation files are in fact two separate things, by accepting a license transfer you actually purchase a licence only and not a product in its whole."

In short, this means you shouldn't buy a second hand license of their products, as they do *not* honor a second hand sale from their side - cleary, a second hand buyer is not a 'customer' for them, but a 'third party'.
Last edited by tq on Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone know if Nektar allow transfers of their Bolt VST?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”