JRR shop info etc

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:10 am
Uncle E wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:08 am
morelia wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:02 am Sounds like a good thing. It's been one of the few painfully slow websites for me for a long time now. Is this upgrade likely to fix that?
Yes, that is one of the improvements. It was the search engine that caused that.
I thought so. It was only slow when I used the search.
Fingers crossed but for me everything was slow. Search was slow nut non functioning. It would not search but only show a list of products. I had to use google to search JRR. Adding products to the cart, going to the cart, going back to the product page. Everything was slow.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

mladi wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:19 am
paterpeter wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:27 am You should really try to stop the site from spitting out those log messages, especially the sql queries.
What's the point dealing with that crap when the site is a) confirmed to be down and b) the relaunch is announced to come today? Just don't visit the url atm and the prob is solved imo. :shrug:
It's just a security thing. Knowing the inner structure of a system makes most attacks much easier. As I am a customer with jrr, I want my data to be safe.

paterpeter wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:10 am It's just a security thing. Knowing the inner structure of a system makes most attacks much easier. As I am a customer with jrr, I want my data to be safe.
Yes, you are completely correct in being concerned and I have not properly addressed this. There was no security breach and the site was not hacked. It appears that an extension we were using stopped functioning in June and that our site was basically hanging on by a thread. Then on July 7, when our site was being bombarded by people looking for Studio One 5, it was too much traffic and the database crashed.

There were many, MANY things that myself and a few others on the JRR staff could have done better but this was not caused by anyone with malicious intent.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:48 am
paterpeter wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:10 am It's just a security thing. Knowing the inner structure of a system makes most attacks much easier. As I am a customer with jrr, I want my data to be safe.
Yes, you are completely correct in being concerned and I have not properly addressed this. There was no security breach and the site was not hacked. It appears that an extension we were using stopped functioning in June and that our site was basically hanging on by a thread. Then on July 7, when our site was being bombarded by people looking for Studio One 5, it was too much traffic and the database crashed.

There were many, MANY things that myself and a few others on the JRR staff could have done better but this was not caused by anyone with malicious intent.
No problem, I'm not really concerned, just the software engineer in me getting triggered. Maybe I'm a bit oversensitive atm. I did a security audit of a new customer's combined web shop/ERP system that was developed by some amateurish one-man-shop. And boy was that abomination vulnerable. SQL injection, cross site scripting, cross site request forgery, insecure cookies, you name it.

Long story short: take care, I'm eager to see what you're coming up with :tu:

Good luck with the re-build Uncle E. I'm looking forward to future purchases to atone for my hand in breaking the server. I did get my Studio 5 upgrade from you on "D-Day", albeit a bit slowly. :tu: :tu: :party:
Too many DAWs and plug-ins

I feel the same way when I see these error messages, I guess software devs, especially anyone who builds websites, doesn't like seeing that and giving would be attackers clues. If they weren't planning on launching a new site anyway I'd be more concerned.

Still, it would be better to have some static page on the domain for now, until the site is actually back.

The site is kind of up, but it looks like it's a backup from last year. Or maybe the year before. Any software that was introduced last year doesn't show up in the search.

We're fixing it now. It should be fixed by the end of the day. I apologize for the inconvenience. We will launch the new site in about a week.

Thanks for the update Uncle E. So many of us love shopping at JRR. It's not an inconvenience, but a good sign that we're are checking in and concerned.

Been through this with my company's website long ago (was hackers) and it took weeks of fighting to track down the problem. What a miserable time that was!
It's the music that makes the science worthwhile.

k-tronix wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:01 pm Thanks for the update Uncle E. So many of us love shopping at JRR. It's not an inconvenience, but a good sign that we're are checking in and concerned.
+1

I just wonder why there are no special offers posted here on KVR that can then be ordered via PM or e-mail. This would have kept the business running and customers happy.

I will be back when you are back. 😀

How long does it usually take to get a Studio one Serial?
Ordered Studio one Artist upgrade :)

D-Fusion wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:30 pm How long does it usually take to get a Studio one Serial?
Thank you for your order! We have now sent it.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:41 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:30 pm How long does it usually take to get a Studio one Serial?
Thank you for your order! We have now sent it.
Thank you :)
Thought i had to ask since i know you are busy fixing your site.
You are my favorite online shop no.1 :tu:

Site is up and I tried to log into my account but I was rejected. I tried to use the "Forgot your password" option to see if I could reset my password but I didn't receive any email. Is it only me experiencing this? What could I do next to resolve this issue?
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I apologize. We are still migrating data over. Please PM me your email address or send us a message and we'll figure out what's going on:

https://www.jrrshop.com/contacts

Return to “Instruments”