Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

revvy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:45 am Omni is a good comparison for the browser,
Sure compare the features if you must but I don't think it's fair to compare the companies.

My thing is that Richard is a very talented synth designer. To have him pounding away at a Browser that will not add to the sound of any synth in any way just seems like a waste of time and talent.

When we make a feature request we don't know if it's a few lines of code or a few months of coding.

But like I said I hope everybody gets their favorite feature requests granted but I don't know if Synapse has the man hours to make everyone happy. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It really doesn't have to be anything elaborate like Omnisphere or even u-he stuff.
Right now I am doing stuff in Cypher 2.
1. Is there a way to keep the browser open all the time? Yep
2. Favourite stuff? Yep
3. Navigate using the computer keyboard arrows? Yep
4. Hide Patches I don't want to see again? Yep.
5.Easily find patches by Authors names? Yep.
6. Find Favourited Patches by Category and/or by Bank? Yep.

none of these things even the one as critical to me as #3, does Obsession and Legend do..... (Dune 3 at least allows you to navigate using the computer keyboard arrow.

All the known beta testers who have commented all think it is fine.
At the very least one should be able to browse without using the mouse to navigate from preset to preset. Surely.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Arrows for nav is probably the thing I'd like to see most, it's true.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:28 am 3. Navigate using the computer keyboard arrows?
In FL Studio the Arrow keys work for scrolling patches in Dune 3, The Legend, and OBsession.

Perhaps it's DAW dependent.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Or OS dependant?

Doesn't work in Logic or Live here.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Yorrrrrr wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:51 pm I guess they should stop making new synths altogether and focus all the manpower to make a new browser/preset system.
no thanks

AnX wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:35 am
Yorrrrrr wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:51 pm I guess they should stop making new synths altogether and focus all the manpower to make a new browser/preset system.
no thanks
I actually agree with you..

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:28 am It really doesn't have to be anything elaborate like Omnisphere or even u-he stuff.
2. Favourite stuff? Yep
You nailed it :tu:

start a petition ( Rich has said he has no interest in those types of browsers, change his mind!)

revvy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:15 am Or OS dependant?

Seems OS
Neither Legend or Obsession allow Keyboard Preset Navigation in Cubendo on Mac, but on PC it does indeed work.

Maybe the beta testers are too busy on kvr ......... :wink: :hihi:
rsp
sound sculptist

enCiphered wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:48 am
zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:28 am It really doesn't have to be anything elaborate like Omnisphere or even u-he stuff.
2. Favourite stuff? Yep
You nailed it :tu:
and I would add 7) be able to search for a preset by name. although I don't personally do that too often.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:53 am

Seems OS
Neither Legend or Obsession allow Keyboard Preset Navigation in Cubendo on Mac, but on PC it does indeed work.

rsp
Mac beta testers allowed...? ;)

revvy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:18 pm

Seems OS

rsp
I was teasing. Before they come for my head.:)
I must imagine they have mac beta testers too...but might have missed it.

Anyway I emailed support about it. Hopefully....
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:21 pm
revvy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:18 pm

Seems OS

rsp
I was teasing. Before they come for my head.:)
I must imagine they have mac beta testers too...but might have missed it.

Anyway I emailed support about it. Hopefully....
rsp
Cheers!

Yea, don't mess with the Synapse beta crew :scared:

AnX wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:20 am start a petition ( Rich has said he has no interest in those types of browsers, change his mind!)
Always a good idea to listen to what your customers are asking for. There is always a trade-off in how you spend your time no matter what size company you are but spending a bit of time on implementing some of this stuff not only would help push a few more licenses out the door but make it easier for your users as a whole. Doesn't require a wholesale redesign of the thing. Since he's expecting us to buy this stuff to give him money to live on always a good idea to listen, especially when you have easy, direct access to the customer.

Return to “Instruments”