RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

bmanic wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:23 am
Good point. Now try turning that around with keytracking first. :-)
Tried it, and came up with this (which should suffice, although with a workaround, hehehe);

(p.s.; the R4 setting isn't necessary, because the velo-depth is part of the env. But i just wanted to show that more is possible)
thisispossible.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bmanic wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:23 amWould be nice if Rapid implemented the matrix 'amount' field as a modulation target. That would make it immensely more powerful. Then simply introduce a modulation mapper function so that the user can exactly scale any modulation to their liking and suddenly Rapid would be a lot more capable. :)
No need to put so much effort into lenghtly post. We don't deny the practical use of any feature request. It's just a matter of priority. It will definitely come at some point.

To give you a litte insight about the decision process: We decided to favor Granular Synthesis over MSEGs and Custom Routings because it simply offered a greater palette of possible sounds. There were also a lot of customesr requesting a Granular Oscillator. So it came first.

At the moment you can already do a lot of linear keymapping stuff by just using keyfollow on LFO / Sequence depth, or velocity, or keyfollow on mix gain / pan. We will think about something cool that suits Rapids workflow. It will be some kind of hybrid between keymapping curves and a "via control". In short: Two operators, one function, one target.

parawave wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:42 pm
bmanic wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:23 amWould be nice if Rapid implemented the matrix 'amount' field as a modulation target. That would make it immensely more powerful. Then simply introduce a modulation mapper function so that the user can exactly scale any modulation to their liking and suddenly Rapid would be a lot more capable. :)
No need to put so much effort into lenghtly post. We don't deny the practical use of any feature request. It's just a matter of priority. It will definitely come at some point.

To give you a litte insight about the decision process: We decided to favor Granular Synthesis over MSEGs and Custom Routings because it simply offered a greater palette of possible sounds. There were also a lot of customesr requesting a Granular Oscillator. So it came first.

At the moment you can already do a lot of linear keymapping stuff by just using keyfollow on LFO / Sequence depth, or velocity, or keyfollow on mix gain / pan. We will think about something cool that suits Rapids workflow. It will be some kind of hybrid between keymapping curves and a "via control". In short: Two operators, one function, one target.
Lovely! :tu: :tu: :tu:

hey guys how do i get the sine wave smaller/pressed?

thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

If you want to change the LFO's amplitude then it's probably the level parameter.

Caine123 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:38 pm hey guys how do i get the sine wave smaller/pressed?

thx
Try something like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Fette Töle wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:52 am Does anybody know how to purchase Rapid with credit card without having to create a paypal account? According to their checkout page this should be possible ("You want to pay with your credit cart? PayPal offers credit card payments with and without registering a PayPal account."), but everytime I try to complete the purchase, the paypal page forces me to create an account, which i won't do.
I had this same problem in Firefox but switched to something else (think it was Chrome) and it worked as expected. in FF it bounced me to the login page. In Chrome it took me to the or pay with credit card screen.

I already wrote to customer support, but I was just curious if anyone else had problems with notes "sticking" in this plugin? I really do love this synth, but its the only plugin I have where notes will randomly not detect, or they get stuck playing until I hit the same note again or the panic button.

Jkist wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:32 pm I already wrote to customer support, but I was just curious if anyone else had problems with notes "sticking" in this plugin? I really do love this synth, but its the only plugin I have where notes will randomly not detect, or they get stuck playing until I hit the same note again or the panic button.
No such issues here in FL Studio, Reaper and Studio One

You can go through the Paypal link, electing not to create a Paypal account, and use your credit card.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

exmatproton wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:41 pm
Jkist wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:32 pm I already wrote to customer support, but I was just curious if anyone else had problems with notes "sticking" in this plugin? I really do love this synth, but its the only plugin I have where notes will randomly not detect, or they get stuck playing until I hit the same note again or the panic button.
Or in Bitwig. What DAW are you using?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Does the drag and drop sample import work in the demo version? I'm trying to import my own sample for the granular synthesis and I can't. Drag and drop doesn't seem to do anything nor load any of my samples. (OS X 10.15.4, Ableton Live 10). Otherwise, how can I import my own samples?

Thanks!

SLiC wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:58 pm
Using Reaper :/

My setup is a Ryzen 3800x paired with an RTX2080 super, so its not like im bottlenecking somewhere

Jkist wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:52 pm
SLiC wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:58 pm
Using Reaper :/

My setup is a Ryzen 3800x paired with an RTX2080 super, so its not like im bottlenecking somewhere
You use the latest reaper? 6.13 i believe

Perhaps somebody could help me with a sound design question - in other synths, I can use a MSEG with a decay curve type of setting mapped to pitch to get a sort of long pitch down type of sound (think of a downer transition in a cinematic context). What's the easiest way to do that in Rapid right now without an MSEG? Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”