Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:51 pm Getting a bit interested in Synapse Audio DUNE 3. A few questions if someone can please help clarify:

1. What is the best price it can be had for and when? RRP is a bit too much for me.

2. I understand that the license can be transferred, but does it become NFR after one or more transfers? Any transfer fees involved?

3. I am demoing it right now. The preset browser is way too old school imo, or is it better in the full version?
Got mine here 2nd hand for $100. Have since seen it for $80.
It is very trance...
That said, love some of the presets.
One of them on the chorus of my new track 😁

https://open.spotify.com/track/55xl3BAd ... kP20L1yysQ

dlt123 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:38 pm
simmo75 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:17 am
monomox wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:13 am
Insanelysane wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:23 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:54 pm Just will warn the potential buyers, Audioplugins deals gives inadequate information of one of their latest deals, the Beatskillz Samplex.
The Samplex for Windows is only in Vst3 format, i.e. no e.g. Live compatible (Vst2).

No mention of this restriction in the Audioplugin deals salas announcement.

https://audioplugin.deals/blog/introduc ... 214ddd34b0
Thanks for that. And I guess on the topic of warnings about no mention in product info - I had bought Xhun Audio's Iron Axe when Jrrshop had it on the $22 sale recently, there was no mention that that plugin is 32bit only! As soon as I realised this (during the installer) I requested a refund. Im still waiting on this refund now a month later :/

Lesson: always check on the official product website for things like system compatibility, copy protection used, number of activations etc!
WHAAAAAT THE HEEECK! It's true:
https://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.ph ... patibility
No company should be selling 32-bit plugins that don't have a 64 version
Absolutely agree 100%!
Xhun-Audio don't appear to care for their customers at all, they decided Catalina was too much work for them and dropped support.
If you're not familiar with JBridge, it's for VST32 and allows you to run VST32 plugins In your Host... jBridge is an application designed for bridging VST plugins in Windows (up to the 2.4 VST specification. I use it on my old VST32 that are no longer available in VST64.

Here is a link to JBridge

Check it out...
That may be useful for some who dont know what JBridge is (likely newbies or those living under a rock?). JBridge has its share of problems, in my system say using JBridge with Cubase I get a terrible loading error after the second time I load the gui/edit a JBridge instrument in my project. I avoid using JBridge where I can, avoid using 32bit unless I absolutely have to. Having for sale a product that is 32bit only in 2020 is on them, not us needing to do the workaround to make something still work. Its a pain and frankly not good enough if you value your workflow.

Another thing with JBridge is the tedious way I need to go about patching the 32bit plugins, I have to go through every single plugin instance just to find the 32bit one I want bridged, so if I do end up having Iron Axe in my arsenal Id have to spend the time watching paint dry so to speak. Its not a good idea to just make everything patched to JBridge because then your already cluttered plugin manager will show a near doubling bloated list with the JBridged ones. Fine perhaps if the plugin manager can put them all in a JBridged folder but other DAWs and standalone sadly sometimes dont have that luxury, so you can see how this gets sucky real quick...

I had a 32bit plugin I was trying to bridge. Reaper was bridging it OK then stopped for some reason. I tried using JBridge but it didn't work. There is a commercial product called 32Lives, but thats expensive.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

May do better to just give up using 32 bit plugins. I’ve heard that even if you get bridging to work it can really screw with your resources and cause CPU spikes.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:35 pm May do better to just give up using 32 bit plugins. I’ve heard that even if you get bridging to work it can really screw with your resources and cause CPU spikes.
that's what i think, it's just not worth the expense (even if it's $15), the time and the hassle. What's that 32 plugin for which there are no current alternatives? What does it do that modern plugins don't?

maybe it's a steampunk thing and the rest of us will just never get it, LOL

Plugin Boutique's 30% off Roli ends July 31st. I'm a bit confused about the Cypher 2 and Strobe 2 soundpacks. Plugin Boutique says "Roli Studio version", implying the Cypher 2 / Strobe 2 versions aren't included, but Roli's site doesn't indicate that they're only the Roli Studio versions. And FXpansion's website has the expansions at the same price as on Roli's website (and the undiscounted Plugin Boutique price). If the versions on Roli's site don't work in Cypher 2 / Strobe 2 (where the parameters would be fully editable, unlike in Roli Studio) that's a major omission.

https://roli.com/products/sound-store/

https://www.pluginboutique.com/meta_products/6580

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:51 pm Getting a bit interested in Synapse Audio DUNE 3. A few questions if someone can please help clarify:

2. I understand that the license can be transferred, but does it become NFR after one or more transfers? Any transfer fees involved?

3. I am demoing it right now. The preset browser is way too old school imo, or is it better in the full version?
Got a reply from Synapse Audio: The license can be transferred only once. There is no license transfer fee.

So, yes, it becomes NFR after first transfer.

1. What is the best price it can be had for and when? RRP is a bit too much for me.

I purchased Dune 3 from a user on this forum in 2019 for 80 euros, then I sold it here for the same price a few months ago (now I kinda wanna buy it again).

So, I was able to resell it after at least one transfer associated with the license, and there was no transfer fee.

frackermak wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:05 pm

It is very trance...

Okay, thanks for the information. Yeah, it is not exactly suitable for me because I don't do trance, but as you mentioned, some of the presets are just mind blowing. Sounds so clean. :)

Nice track! :tu: Are there two instances of DUNE 3: starting at 1:04 and 1:20? Simple but beautiful sounds.

Dim Vision wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:00 am

I purchased Dune 3 from a user on this forum in 2019 for 80 euros, then I sold it here for the same price a few months ago (now I kinda wanna buy it again).

So, I was able to resell it after at least one transfer associated with the license, and there was no transfer fee.
Thanks! That's interesting. Perhaps it was an exception then and now they have changed or made their policy more strict?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:08 am
Dim Vision wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:00 am

Thanks! That's interesting. Perhaps it was an exception then and now they have changed or made their policy more strict?
I have bought The Legend and Dune 2 (since upgraded to Dune 3) both second-hand and they show as NFR in my account.

@alinok: Great, thanks for the clarification. Concluded then. :tu:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:07 am

It is very trance...

Okay, thanks for the information. Yeah, it is not exactly suitable for me because I don't do trance, but as you mentioned, some of the presets are just mind blowing. Sounds so clean. :)

Nice track! :tu: Are there two instances of DUNE 3: starting at 1:04 and 1:20? Simple but beautiful sounds.
Thanks!

1:04 is Dune.
1:20 is Serum (SY:Such Relaxation) 🙂

1:32 is the next Dune arp 👍

It is very trance...

The included presets are mostly trance, but the synth itself is very flexible (it has a wavetable editor and you can load wavetables for example) and the sound quality of the filters and effects is one of the best. All while using very little CPU.

The preset browser is very old school even in the full version.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”