Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Would you guys say the V collection is worth getting over something such as Diva or Serum? Or are they totally different types of synths?

Totally different. V Collection is a retro emulation of existing synths. Diva lets you select parts of classic retro synths to construct your own hybrid. Serum is nothing like the others at all, it's a much more modern digital synth and has features to do with wavetables and unison that the others can't touch.
How much do you see yourself designing your own sounds or just mainly using presets with a bit of light tweaking? If more the former then Diva or Serum would be a much better choice than V Collection. Then it comes down to whether you prefer a more analog retro sound or not - if you do then Diva makes sense, if not then Serum.
If you are solely after sounds from classic synths and won't even do tweaking then you may find Analog Lab better value for money - it's cut down functionality V Collection with a heap of presets, but limited ability to change settings apart from about 8 settings linked to macro knobs.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I can only comment on Serum and VCol. They are different products. V Col are emulations of old synths with some modern features added. Serum is wavetable synth. Serum IMO allows you to get more"modern" sounds usable for EDM e.t.c. Serum is great.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Arashi wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:51 am
Chrisk-K wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:57 am I hoped for a secret trick :-) Too bad. Ctrl + left click and drag gives us maximum precision in Arturia VSTi’s.
Yes, that's equivalent to right-click on a Mac. If you have a mouse that supports right-click, you can just use that, or you can hold control (which works nicely, because it gives you more control).
I stumbled upon Ctrl + left click when trying a bunch of "key + left click" combinations to see if I could unlock a secret :wink:

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:29 pm Totally different. V Collection is a retro emulation of existing synths. Diva lets you select parts of classic retro synths to construct your own hybrid. Serum is nothing like the others at all, it's a much more modern digital synth and has features to do with wavetables and unison that the others can't touch.
How much do you see yourself designing your own sounds or just mainly using presets with a bit of light tweaking? If more the former then Diva or Serum would be a much better choice than V Collection. Then it comes down to whether you prefer a more analog retro sound or not - if you do then Diva makes sense, if not then Serum.
If you are solely after sounds from classic synths and won't even do tweaking then you may find Analog Lab better value for money - it's cut down functionality V Collection with a heap of presets, but limited ability to change settings apart from about 8 settings linked to macro knobs.
Thanks for the thoughts. I currently have komplete 12, Ableton live 10 suite, and also a 3 month trial of analog lab 4. For some reason I like the sounds coming from some v collection instruments. Do they allow any type of sound creation from v collection instruments or is it just tweaking presets? I want to use presets and tweak them, but also make my own sounds

3ptguitarist wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:02 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:29 pm Totally different. V Collection is a retro emulation of existing synths. Diva lets you select parts of classic retro synths to construct your own hybrid. Serum is nothing like the others at all, it's a much more modern digital synth and has features to do with wavetables and unison that the others can't touch.
Thanks for the thoughts. I currently have komplete 12, Ableton live 10 suite, and also a 3 month trial of analog lab 4. For some reason I like the sounds coming from some v collection instruments. Do they allow any type of sound creation from v collection instruments or is it just tweaking presets? I want to use presets and tweak them, but also make my own sounds
Analog Lab 4 is basically just presets, along with mixing and layering synths. But with all of the synths in the V Collections, you get everything you need to build your own sounds from the ground up! And in some cases, you can even import SYSEX data from the synths (or in the case of the CMI V and Synclavier V, original samples) that the emulations are based upon.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

3ptguitarist wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:02 am Thanks for the thoughts. I currently have komplete 12, Ableton live 10 suite, and also a 3 month trial of analog lab 4. For some reason I like the sounds coming from some v collection instruments. Do they allow any type of sound creation from v collection instruments or is it just tweaking presets? I want to use presets and tweak them, but also make my own sounds
I loved AL4 when I tried it. Soon I realized that I wouldn't be fully happy with AL4's very limited editing options. So, I bought V Collection 7, and couldn't be happier. If you love the 70's and 80's synths, the V Collection will bring tears of joy to your eyes.

Could someone rank the Included Instruments based on how difficult they are to learn. I think about buying the collection maybe but it seems like some of the stuff is far away from traditional subtractive synthesis.

GeneralQ wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:32 am Could someone rank the Included Instruments based on how difficult they are to learn. I think about buying the collection maybe but it seems like some of the stuff is far away from traditional subtractive synthesis.
I'm no synth guru, but all of them are pretty easy to learn. You can easily get interesting sounds even from the DX-7 and the Synclavier simply by playing around with some key parameters without knowing the FM synthesis at all. Arturia has made them easy to program. If you adjusted parameters on a real FM synth without knowing the FM synthesis, you'd only get ugly noises.

Would you all say that the main difference between Analog Lab 4 and V Collection are the additional parameters? Thank you!

Analog Lab is a preset synth with some extra controls. You can‘t design your own sounds. All the presets are based on the collection of the full versions...

Analog Lab lets you combine the synths to create really weird combinations. You can mix the DX7 with a CS80 or Buchla. Its worth using the collection in AL IMO.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

slashcobain4 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:40 pm Would you all say that the main difference between Analog Lab 4 and V Collection are the additional parameters? Thank you!
If you buy V Collection, you'll have AL4 plus 27 virtual classic synths / keys. It's no brainer. You can buy V Collection for about $200 $250 via KVR's marketplace. Or, wait for Arturia's sale.

Chrisk-K wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:05 pm
slashcobain4 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:40 pm Would you all say that the main difference between Analog Lab 4 and V Collection are the additional parameters? Thank you!
If you buy V Collection, you'll have AL4 plus 27 virtual classic synths / keys. It's no brainer. You can buy V Collection for about $200 $250 via KVR's marketplace. Or, wait for Arturia's sale.
There is a sale on right now though not as much off the bundle as you’ll see on Black Friday.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Alert: New updates available for V Collection 7 and Pigment 2 in ASC.

Analog Lab 4 - V 4.2.1

Bug fixes:

First notes are no longer missed when starting the DAW playback

No more CPU overload when opening Cubase projects

Program changes are no longer crashing Live when rendering audio

Opening a standalone no longer resets the sample rate to 44,1Khz

Preset name is now properly displayed when browsing presets from KeyLabs

Audio Unit state is now properly recalled when reopening a project

Undo/Redo function is now working properly with all controls

No more presets missing in Analog Lab Lite

When assigned to the OB-XA effects, smart controls are no longer muting the concerned effect slot.

No more audio blasts when loading "Bouncin Ball" preset

VST3 automations are now working properly in FL Studio

Glad to see the two bugs I reported have been mentioned as fixed. Need to test once tough. A couple of other things are not in this list, but I was upfront told that it will take some time for them to be fixed. Best technical support experience with any company. :tu:

Arturia - Excellent job. Keep it up! :clap:

Return to “Instruments”