Serum in 2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Serum Bass - Presets For Serum Serum Pads - Presets For Serum Serum Synths - Presets For Xfer Serum

audiot wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:45 am ...So yeah, Steve is definitly a nice and generous guy. I contacted him only once and he responded within 24 hours :o
Definetely... it´s very noticeable that he loves his baby apart from the business aspect and he is very active in every support aspect and tries to help whenever he can...

GMusic wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:06 pm Thanks. That's definitely a lot more insightful than a reply of "what a nonsense" and a face palm smiley. 8)
You are right... sorry for the smart ass attack... I still haven´t learned properly to first think and then react... :hug:

Trancit wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 am
GMusic wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:06 pm Thanks. That's definitely a lot more insightful than a reply of "what a nonsense" and a face palm smiley. 8)
You are right... sorry for the smart ass attack... I still haven´t learned properly to first think and then react... :hug:
Haha! No problem. I didn't see it as an attack. :tu:

Still a big fave of mine - I find the editing and general workflow on it is really simple vs a number of other wavetable synths.

GMusic wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:04 pm Spire is much more pleasing to my ear than Serum.
To be fair Spire sounds metallic and a bit crap compared to a number of soft synths. It's like a modern day Vanguard IMO.

I don't think Serum is necessarily a good comparison as I wouldn't necessarily use it for the same sounds, however compare Dune 3 or something to Spire and Spire sounds pretty crap.

Plus since you can't load wavetables into Spire, it's not even really a competitor to Serum, more one for Sylenth.

-Yaz- wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:50 pm
GMusic wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:04 pm Spire is much more pleasing to my ear than Serum.
To be fair Spire sounds metallic and a bit crap compared to a number of soft synths. It's like a modern day Vanguard IMO.

I don't think Serum is necessarily a good comparison as I wouldn't necessarily use it for the same sounds, however compare Dune 3 or something to Spire and Spire sounds pretty crap.

Plus since you can't load wavetables into Spire, it's not even really a competitor to Serum, more one for Sylenth.
There is only one competitor to Sylenth1 and thats Hive 2! ☝️

Tendou wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:38 am
There is only one competitor to Sylenth1 and thats Hive 2! ☝️
Yep and that has way more features than Sylenth as well.

Return to “Instruments”