DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:50 am
Ratzonderplan wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:33 pm Hi there, first of all thank you for the amazing works. I am trying to get my Maschine MK3 working with Bitwig again, (I already really liked the previous way) but this time with the new extension, and the new template, which you now made specifically for the MK3, which I'm really happy about! Bitwig recognizes MK3 automatically, however the Native Instruments Controller Editor does not want to load the template... I work on the latest Mac OS, and updated to the latest version of Controller Editor, and I am clueless why it doesn't want to load. It loads as a nameless template, whereas I'm pretty sure it should say something like 'Bitwig'. Is there something I am overlooking..? Again thanks for the great works, Kind Regards!
I guess you use the wrong open command (there is an older Maschine video which shows it wrong). On the right hand of the window you see the template list. Use the drop down box below this list name "Edit". From that list select "Open".
Thank you for your quick reply! Unfortunately, doing it like that has the same result.. I'll include pics, for clarification. It seems like stuff seems to happen, but it's all way different than what is supposed to happen.. Again thank you for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moss wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:50 am...
I wanted to ask, if something can be done with weird behaviour of script for Launchpad X. Here's an example:
- Capture + Solo -> brings up a row at the bottom to solo tracks
- Capture + Solo -> hides the solo tracks row
- Capture + Solo -> does NOTHING
- Capture + Mute -> brings up a row at the bottom to mute tracks
- Capture + Mute -> hides the mute tracks row
- Capture + Solo -> THIS TIME it brings the solo track row again

Also, it would be awesome if long-pressing a clip while in Clip Launcher mode selected given clip & its track without actually launching it.

Even better, it would be ideal to combine the two, so for example holding Record Arm and pushing a pad containing an empty clip would arm it? Same with remaining 4 buttons.

Just an idea.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Ratzonderplan wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:28 am Thank you for your quick reply! Unfortunately, doing it like that has the same result.. I'll include pics, for clarification. It seems like stuff seems to happen, but it's all way different than what is supposed to happen.. Again thank you for your help!
That's strange. Just to be sure I tested it again on Macos and it works fine for me.

What you can try:
- Make sure you have installed the latest controller editor
- Check if you really open the file from the Maschine Mk3 folder and not the one from the Mikro folder
- Download DrivenByMoss again to make sure it is not broken somehow

antic604 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 am I wanted to ask, if something can be done with weird behaviour of script for Launchpad X. Here's an example:
- Capture + Solo -> brings up a row at the bottom to solo tracks
- Capture + Solo -> hides the solo tracks row
- Capture + Solo -> does NOTHING
- Capture + Mute -> brings up a row at the bottom to mute tracks
- Capture + Mute -> hides the mute tracks row
- Capture + Solo -> THIS TIME it brings the solo track row again
Good catch! WIll be fixed in the next update.
antic604 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 am Also, it would be awesome if long-pressing a clip while in Clip Launcher mode selected given clip & its track without actually launching it.
I like the idea. Will be in the next update as well!

moss wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:54 pm Good catch! WIll be fixed in the next update.
I like the idea. Will be in the next update as well!
Awesome!!! :clap: :hug: :tu:

I'd say you made my day, but my MPC One just arrived, so it's hard to compete with that ;)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Hi sir. on the fire is there a way to change each step sequencers step note length?

melodyz wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:22 pm Hi sir. on the fire is there a way to change each step sequencers step note length?
Keep the note pressed, (wait a bit), then press a note right of it on the same row.

I just noticed that the mixer on Komplete Kontrol S MK2 acts really weird when using grouped tracks. With one group, effects and master tracks are shown twice. Wit multiple groups, effects and master are next to the first group and then the rest of the groups.
It's also not possible to scroll past the 8th track or to switch to the next page of 8 tracks when using multiple groups, it automatically jumps back to page one.
20200731_160433.jpg
20200731_160519.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reefius wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:16 pm I just noticed that the mixer on Komplete Kontrol S MK2 acts really weird when using grouped tracks. With one group, effects and master tracks are shown twice. Wit multiple groups, effects and master are next to the first group and then the rest of the groups.
It's also not possible to scroll past the 8th track or to switch to the next page of 8 tracks when using multiple groups, it automatically jumps back to page one.
That's a bit of a strange Bitwig feature which relates to the alternate master clip view of groups. I turned it off for the Launchpad script but then you also loose the master track, which would be a problem with the Kontrol.

DrivenByMoss 10.5.0 is online!

Get it from https://www.mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2.5+
  • All devices
    • New: Improved lookup of drum machine device for drum sequencers.
    • New: Only create the device monitors which are necessary for the specific extension.
    • New: Improved synchronization of device and Bitwig browser. If the browser is opened in Bitwig, it will open as well on the device (if browsing is supported on the device).
  • APCMini
    • New: Long press a pad in session mode to select the clip without starting it.
  • APC40 / APC40MkII
    • New: Tempo is displayed on grid when tempo is changed.
    • New: APC40: Tap Tempo + Cue Level changes tempo.
    • Fixed: APC40: *Shift+Stop All Clips* did not open the browser.
    • Fixed: Browser mode was not cancelled when browser was close in Bitwig.
  • Akai Fire
    • Fixed: Drum sequencer crashed when changing note length on the grid.
    • Fixed: Note in sequencer could not be deleted if its' pitch was changed.
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Modes could only be activated once (non-pro models)
  • Novation SLMkIII
    • New: The lightguide displays the scale notes. The scale can be selected in the document settings.
    • New: The lightguide can be turned off in the settings.
  • Push
    • Fixed: Temporarily activating session mode did only work for starting clips but not for starting scenes.
    • Fixed: Longpressing a pad in Drum 4 mode to edit the note did not work.
    • Fixed: Add Device/Effect did call Replace effect instead of Insert.
Enjoy!

Thank you. Any chance to get that enable automation for clips (orange button added)? pressing shift plus record enables overdub can we also add enables the orange automation button? If not I guess I can manually press it as needed.

melodyz wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:58 pm Thank you. Any chance to get that enable automation for clips (orange button added)? pressing shift plus record enables overdub can we also add enables the orange automation button? If not I guess I can manually press it as needed.
I was not sure how to add it, so it makes sense. Any ideas?

moss wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:58 am
melodyz wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:58 pm Thank you. Any chance to get that enable automation for clips (orange button added)? pressing shift plus record enables overdub can we also add enables the orange automation button? If not I guess I can manually press it as needed.
I was not sure how to add it, so it makes sense. Any ideas?
Sure you know pressing shift plus record enables the red record button and red automation button normally? There is an option under settings to flip between arrangement and clips for recording. I forget what its called, but anyway when enabling that. pressing shift plus record enables the orange overdub button. Next to that button on the left is an orange automation button. If that would also enable when pressing shift plus record then it will work. somewhere in this thread there are screen shots of the buttons . This will make sense as it will now allow us to record automation using the knobs for just each individual clip.
Last edited by xtreme sounds on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi moss,

Thanks so much for your efforts.

I've used your latest release (v10.5.0) with my APC40, which includes the "Fixed: APC40: Shift+Stop All Clips did not open the browser."
I'm happy to report that it seems to work, but it actually opens the browser of the insert "+" before the selected device.
Also selecting the device within a track (Shift -> & Shift <-) seems to select the "+" between the devices.

Is this maybe an example of the infamous "one-off" problem in developers land? Or am I the one in error here?

Once the browser is open (by using the mouse), it actually works like a charm, including the APC40 cursor keys, which make me very happy.

I also found some other issue (maybe related to the above?):

Pressing 4th & 5th Shift Function "Add device before" & "Add device after" results in a crash with the following console log.

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at de.mossgrabers.controller.apc.view.ShiftView.onGridNote(ShiftView.java:129)
    at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.AbstractControlSurface.handleGridNote(AbstractControlSurface.java:941)
    at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.AbstractControlSurface.lambda$createPads$3(AbstractControlSurface.java:187)
    at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.hardware.AbstractHwButton.handleButtonPressed(AbstractHwButton.java:69)
    at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.proxy.CustomAction.lambda$invokedByHardwareAction$0(SourceFile:41)
    at Qii.hhg(SourceFile:94)
    at Qii.KL2(SourceFile:90)
    at zJU.X1N(SourceFile:128)
    at Hhg.yKa(SourceFile:76)
    at Vsu.UGc(SourceFile:248)
    at aTl.hhg(SourceFile:335)
    at jsR.hhg(SourceFile:205)
    at Fgw.run(SourceFile:91)
    at jsR.run(SourceFile:106)
Hope you have time to look into this all, all your efforts are very much appreciated (dare I say, your extension is the sole reason for me being able to use Bitwig at all).

Cheers,
Joris

RE FIRE SCRPIT - hi sir sorry the fire script is still glitchy. while the drum machine is playing the track - if I use my mouse in bitwig to select a different track which is laoded with adrs sample manager (i use it to select sounds and drop them in to the drum machine) after loading some more samples I use my mouse to select the drum machine track. The select knob will no longer scroll up and down octaves, the mute buttons are not green anymore yet all the parts are playing. pushing the mute buttons doesnt do anything. It doesnt always happen but it does happen daily.
Also one time I was playing around with the channel mode and parts of the drum machine and went back to the mixer mode so I could hold a step down and change the pitch and that wouldnt work.

Each time this happens and it happens every session, I have to unplug and replug it in the akai fire to get it back to normal. After unplugging the fire I noticed the problem didnt fix. I had to go and double click the drum track with my mouse to get it working again. The track was selected but it didnt register on the fire until I hard double clicked it 2x. I think it has something to do with the left panel in bitwig device display vs instrument track display.

A second time i did select the drum track and the long press step to change pitch stopped working. other controls work but this one stopped responding all of the sudden. ( you can get pitch response working but turning the samplers key tracking on and change the root note to C1 to hear the original sound - I put a request in with Bitwig to fix so its C1 by default - but were on their time frame which could be years away)
Last edited by xtreme sounds on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Controller Scripting”