Kawai K1 as VSTi - Nils' K1v is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nils K1v

Just double checked. One output in Cakewalk, both outputs in Cubase. Version reads 1.00 in Cubase, doesn't show any version (but does run VST2 & VST3 which is under the same Common folder saying 1.01
Version 1.00 is all by itself under VSTPLUGINS.

BBFG# wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:27 am Just double checked. One output in Cakewalk, both outputs in Cubase. Version reads 1.00 in Cubase, doesn't show any version (but does run VST2 & VST3 which is under the same Common folder saying 1.01
Version 1.00 is all by itself under VSTPLUGINS.
Thanks. I guess it's a Cakewalk issue then, but I've never seen anything like that with a SynthEdit plug-in.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:19 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:24 pm Is there another Mac attempt to test?
“another Mac attempt” ? - I was not aware of any attempt made at macOS version of K1v
Hey Nils,
I have noticed that you have moved away from macOS development altogether and moved to niche market - ubuntu instead.
What a shame :(

Who says he moved entirely? Linux and Mac are both *nixes...

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:19 pm Who says he moved entirely? Linux and Mac are both *nixes...
Well, no news of any progress for macOS at all, but instead releasing Linux version for very minority of users. LoL

Mac people need to learn about patience. :)

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:06 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:19 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:24 pm Is there another Mac attempt to test?
“another Mac attempt” ? - I was not aware of any attempt made at macOS version of K1v
Hey Nils,
I have noticed that you have moved away from macOS development altogether and moved to niche market - ubuntu instead.
:lol:
You do realize that Mac is also a "niche" market?
And though smaller, at least Linux isn't a closed system...

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:22 pm Mac people need to learn about patience. :)
Or learn how to use a superior Operating System like Linux. :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have installed K1v on Ubuntu Studio 20.04.
The installer didn't want to install the .deb file, so I manually extracted libNilsK1v.so and put it into my linux VST folder.
This is how it looks on my 4K monitor (running in Bitwig Studio):
K1v-ubuntu-studio-20-4kdisplay.png
Note the ultra tiny dialog box contents

This is how it looks like in a wine environment when loaded in FL Studio 20. Lots of missing labels and texts - yes I have arial and gadugi fonts installed ($HOME/.wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts):
K1v-ubuntu-studio-20-wine.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:06 pm Hey Nils,
Mac Statement

I rented a machine to compile the project, which worked, but I can't install software there that supports VST plugins so I am forced to have external testers, which gives pretty bad turnaround times. Testers reported that bitwig complains about "MissingMetadataException" when they tried to use this version, other DAWs just don't see the plugin at all so something is wrong with my package so it is not detected as a VST plugin.

I realized that a cloud machine is not the right development platform so I'm waiting until I can return to the office (which is not possible thx to Corona) and pick up a spare Mac Mini that I'm going to use.

It is interesting that Mac users always seem to expect that everyone else in the world owns a Mac, too and that development for a Mac should be straightforward and no big deal.

I use Windows since more than 20 years and never had a private Mac so far so I'm sorry that I'm not faster. During the past weeks I had to deal with lots of Mac things that i had never heared of: "Code signing", "App bundles", some weird Info.plist and Pkginfo files that need to have proper data, a keyboard mapping in Xcode that does strange things when I'm trying to code and other stuff.

The reason that there is a Linux version first is that I can install Linux in a VirtualBox for free and test it. I would love to see Mac finally supporting this officially, too, I'd even pay for a Mac OS X that supports VirtualBox, but Apple has decided that people have to own the real hardware.

The current status is that every code change is already compiled and packaged on a Mac as .dmg (big shout out to github CI) so once I have the Mac Mini that is waiting for me at my workplace, I can resume (and hopefully finish) development quickly.

Calling that a shame is not really appropriate in my opinion.
https://k1v.nilsschneider.de - Kawai K1 emulated as VSTi/AU
https://heatvst.com - Android Synthesizer with full VST integration
https://gpuimpulsereverb.de - Use your GPU as reverberation DSP

Nils Schneider wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:29 am Calling that a shame is not really appropriate in my opinion.
In such a context, that translates to "Schade", not "Schande", though. I´m sure all the Mac users in this thread (me included) appreciate your efforts.

Nils Schneider wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:29 am
Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:06 pm Hey Nils,
Mac Statement

I rented a machine to compile the project, which worked, but I can't install software there that supports VST plugins so I am forced to have external testers, which gives pretty bad turnaround times. Testers reported that bitwig complains about "MissingMetadataException" when they tried to use this version, other DAWs just don't see the plugin at all so something is wrong with my package so it is not detected as a VST plugin.

I realized that a cloud machine is not the right development platform so I'm waiting until I can return to the office (which is not possible thx to Corona) and pick up a spare Mac Mini that I'm going to use.

It is interesting that Mac users always seem to expect that everyone else in the world owns a Mac, too and that development for a Mac should be straightforward and no big deal.

I use Windows since more than 20 years and never had a private Mac so far so I'm sorry that I'm not faster. During the past weeks I had to deal with lots of Mac things that i had never heared of: "Code signing", "App bundles", some weird Info.plist and Pkginfo files that need to have proper data, a keyboard mapping in Xcode that does strange things when I'm trying to code and other stuff.

The reason that there is a Linux version first is that I can install Linux in a VirtualBox for free and test it. I would love to see Mac finally supporting this officially, too, I'd even pay for a Mac OS X that supports VirtualBox, but Apple has decided that people have to own the real hardware.

The current status is that every code change is already compiled and packaged on a Mac as .dmg (big shout out to github CI) so once I have the Mac Mini that is waiting for me at my workplace, I can resume (and hopefully finish) development quickly.

Calling that a shame is not really appropriate in my opinion.
You have nothing to apologize for, Nils. It's the people who expect you to develop for their platform for free when you don't have that computer -- and they're not exactly lining up to loan you one, either -- who should apologize.

These are the people who should be ashamed of the demands they're placing upon you. If they'd paid for the synth and were waiting for an update, that's one thing. But that's not at all what's going on here.

Please just keep doing what you've been doing and know that what needs to get done will get done. Either someone will loan you a Mac...or the others will wait patiently and be thankful you're doing this at all.

You owe no one anything.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

+1, from a Mac user. :) Really appreciate your efforts Nils, and I'll be glad to help as a beta tester or maybe even with some coding-related stuff if I'm able. Meanwhile, I'm 100% happy without a Mac Kawai K1 plugin, and if that changes one day, I'll be even happier (105-110% :D).

epiphaneia wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:05 am In such a context, that translates to "Schade", not "Schande", though. I´m sure all the Mac users in this thread (me included) appreciate your efforts.
Indeed, then I'm sorry if my statement feels too offensive. Nevertheless, having some explanation of what I'm doing/waiting for might help others to understand why it takes a bit longer :tu:
https://k1v.nilsschneider.de - Kawai K1 emulated as VSTi/AU
https://heatvst.com - Android Synthesizer with full VST integration
https://gpuimpulsereverb.de - Use your GPU as reverberation DSP

Nils Schneider wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:48 am
epiphaneia wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:05 am In such a context, that translates to "Schade", not "Schande", though. I´m sure all the Mac users in this thread (me included) appreciate your efforts.
Indeed, then I'm sorry if my statement feels too offensive. Nevertheless, having some explanation of what I'm doing/waiting for might help others to understand why it takes a bit longer :tu:
Many apologies if I offended you in any way - didn’t mean to :( Really appreciate your efforts and taking your time working on macOS and thank you very, very much for an update.
Kind regards

Return to “Instruments”