Exponential Audio Verbs: PhoenixVerb, Nimbus, R4. Your Thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deleted-
Last edited by krabbencutter on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yup. I wonder if they continue with the other reverbs as well. I don't really have a need for the surround versions. Anyone got any opinions on the others in the series? More for film I think?

krabbencutter wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:15 am As no surprise to no one, Pluginboutique has launched a $29 upgrade sale on R4
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -Excalibur
Yeeeeees, purchased

Damn. That is one hell of a deal.

---
Last edited by krabbencutter on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nathanj wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 am Damn. That is one hell of a deal.
Not for me to be frank. I wil pass it as I did with Nimbus. Izotope has too many upgrades much too often for far too much money. I will still have to upgrade my MPS from V1 to 3. So far they did not make me an offer that was enticing enough. Had I purchased Phoenix-to-Nimbus and and would I now jump on this new deal, they'd have already been getting ~70 bucks in total from me for something that's included in MPS 3 anyway - most probably without decreasing my upgrade costs to it at all.

They constantly come up with new tricks to pull as much out of our pockets as possible. Thanks, but no thanks. For myself I put an end to that two years (or so) ago.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

krabbencutter wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:15 am As no surprise to no one, Pluginboutique has launched a $29 upgrade sale on R4
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -Excalibur
I'm going to have a listen to this one as Nimbus really exceeded my expectations :tu:

Imho you won't find better in the box reverbs than the Exponential Audio stuff. I wonder why so many sales are going on with those? Must be v2 versions with new gui's in the pipeline...?

deleted..
Last edited by krabbencutter on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

and excalibur is 9.9$ @ audiodeluxe, it seems this deal is only for usa...gmail.com...

I thought Michael Carnes was more with Relab these days?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I don't believe Michael Carnes has ever been with relab.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelcarnes/
rsp
sound sculptist

krabbencutter wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:02 pm
zentatonic wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:38 pm Imho you won't find better in the box reverbs than the Exponential Audio stuff. I wonder why so many sales are going on with those? Must be v2 versions with new gui's in the pipeline...?
I'd be surprised. My guess is, that iZotope are going to discount the EA's stereo plugins for the foreseeable future, while doing a minimum of maintenance releases.

If I interpret one of Michael Carnes' posts over at the AVID forums correctly (http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2560030&postcount=3) , it's more likely we're going to see completely new and different products as result of the acquisition. Things like DialogueMatch for example. I also imagine that iZotope might include Reverb features in their Ozone/Neutron/Nectar-Workflow in the future.
Sadly,
I think you are right.
rsp
sound sculptist

jens wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:47 am
nathanj wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 am Damn. That is one hell of a deal.
Not for me to be frank. I wil pass it as I did with Nimbus. Izotope has too many upgrades much too often for far too much money. I will still have to upgrade my MPS from V1 to 3. So far they did not make me an offer that was enticing enough. Had I purchased Phoenix-to-Nimbus and and would I now jump on this new deal, they'd have already been getting ~70 bucks in total from me for something that's included in MPS 3 anyway - most probably without decreasing my upgrade costs to it at all.

They constantly come up with new tricks to pull as much out of our pockets as possible. Thanks, but no thanks. For myself I put an end to that two years (or so) ago.
R4 (and Nimbus) are among the top reverb plugins on the market. Your loss.

:lol:

I have any number of high quality reverbs already... far more that I might possibly ever need. ;-)

Return to “Effects”