Looking for good Wah Wah guitar VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd grab Sampletank SE while it's still on they're Krazy sale for $50.

jancivil wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:25 pm I bought a Korg NanoKontrol 2 last year and nothing in the controller setup, Track Controls, VST Controls, Generic Remote learns anything from it. With its drivers installed it works as a Mackie Control but that only works for the Mixer faders. This is a dead parrot.

And you know what, I never got Cubase to learn this effect, so basically I'm wrong. I mean it does respond to automation written as an insert but I couldn't work out how to get MIDI to it. This is why he's steering you to 'control surface'.

VE Pro, with it in the same channel as an instrument can assign MIDI to it, it's nothing, and then the MIDI track sends that message and it works, easy as pie.
I couldn't work out how Cubase does that, I mean its instrument channel will show Cubase automation, fine, ok, but it seems like the effect has to learn for MIDI CC and it just does not. So it doesn't communicate with VE Pro's learn and Cubase won't learn any of it, it looks like a flaw to me.
it's resting.

so wait, i have VE Pro 7, you're saying i can use that with the Wah as an insert on a VEP instance and it will learn and transmit CC11 from my expression pedal?

gak, this stuff can be maddening.

i may just buy a friggin cry baby. cuz that's what i am.

It does nothing from VEP learn, so you assign it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(from the drop down menu)
menu.png
It doesn't need to learn now, it knows; if your controller is communicating with Cubase, the channel in VEP knows from CC11, whatever is in CC11 in Key Editor communicates per the assigned channel. Well, here Port and Channel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There is the excellent & free Funky Guitar 1.0 from Pettinhouse (needs Kontakt full)

Depending on the keyswitch, you can play rhythmic patterns & chords you'd play like on a normal keyboards
When you enable the Wah option & play with the modwheel, it brings great results

http://www.pettinhouse.com/html/download.html

hodshonf wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:03 pm this answered my question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... EUngsFkH6M
Good for you. I answered your f**king question after I found out you have VEP 7. And you're welcome for all the time I put in this for you. Lame.

Does it actually work? I saw that video last year when I tried to get my NanoKontrol2 to work for MIDI but it doesn't for Cubendo on Mac at all. I looked at it for you but all I had hooked up was my ROLI Seaboard and I couldn't get MIDI to Efektor by it.

So, the VEP way is easier. The normal way of getting a plugin to work by it learning is easier. Quick Controls should superfluous IME. I've been getting MIDI to plugins for 13 years without it. This is a special case because the plugin doesn't work right.

Hello,
We recently released an Auto-Wah effect (VST3 | AU ). Hope you will like it.

Regards.
SuperflyDSP

SuperflyDSP wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:44 am Hello,
We recently released an Auto-Wah effect (VST3 | AU ). Hope you will like it.

Regards.
SuperflyDSP
God bless ye supadude, how many times our paths do cross.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I like Rob Papen's RG...it'll cover most rhythm guitar including Wah-Wah. I also had success with AAS Strum GS.

Roland cloud has a funk sample pack that already has pre wah in it. Idk of that what your looking for.

For dedicated wah effects, I like Kuassa Efektor Filter and Plug & Mix PM-OB LA Wah - each of those are quite unique, different from each other. Amplitube has a nice wah, as I recall. But I frequently end up going with a filter plugin, usually Sugarbytes Wow, or Wow2, because they provide a little more control over the various parameters. I used to really like Tone2 bi-filter, but I don't think it's been updated to 64bit.

Kuassa Efektor Wah is great with an expression pedal though the action isn't the same as a wah pedal. Depending on your pedal you may be able to require less movement range, or do it in DAW.

But yeah, filter plugins are great especially when drawing automation. Filterfreak and Filterscape can easily go beyond wah.

yellowmix wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:27 pm Kuassa Efektor Wah is great with an expression pedal though the action isn't the same as a wah pedal. Depending on your pedal you may be able to require less movement range, or do it in DAW.

But yeah, filter plugins are great especially when drawing automation. Filterfreak and Filterscape can easily go beyond wah.
Indeed. I was going to be boring and recommend The Drop again - can be used expressively or automatically, as with FilterFreak and Filterscape.

yellowmix wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:27 pm Kuassa Efektor Wah is great with an expression pedal though the action isn't the same as a wah pedal. Depending on your pedal you may be able to require less movement range, or do it in DAW.

Wow (&Wow2) does envelope-follower (auto wah) nicely. I wish that were more common.

Return to “Instruments”