Am I being crazy here? (Presonus Studio One 5 rant ahead)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can give a way my melodyne something I think is my Presonus account, have no desire to use it.
EDIT: seems to be tied to product key of StudioOne, so no go it seems. But have no use for that either, I can give that away as well - if they allow transfer.

EDIT2: crap, they charge $25 or so for transfer itself. Let's forget about it. I's probably what Melodyn Essentials license cost anyway.

I've had 4 or 5 of them I think, it amazes me there are still folks who don't have it. I've been upgrading all these years from the original essential version I got in 2003 with ProTools.

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:16 pm The seller had probably already sold his Melodyne license before selling Studio One, like many people seem to do.
That's so shady. Oh well. Live and learn I guess...

jrhager84 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:50 pmThat's so shady. Oh well. Live and learn I guess...
It's not necessarily shady. Perhaps the seller made it very clear from the beginning to sell the S1 license without Melodyne?! At least that's what I did when I sold my S1 v3 license. Nothing wrong about that IMHO.

GrabtharsHammer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:33 am
jrhager84 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:50 pmThat's so shady. Oh well. Live and learn I guess...
It's not necessarily shady. Perhaps the seller made it very clear from the beginning to sell the S1 license without Melodyne?! At least that's what I did when I sold my S1 v3 license. Nothing wrong about that IMHO.
That is definitely *not* what happened. I'm not saying people who sell without the license are shady, but the people that don't tell people that they've already scammed the license only to find out later is shady.

Oh well, I have a better version of Melodyne I can upgrade, so I'll be ok in the end.

jrhager84 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:56 am I literally am using Studio One 5 Professional with NO Melodyne.
jrhager84 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:24 am Also - I should add - I already own a copy of melodyne 2 editor
Remind me the thread subject line :dog:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:11 am
jrhager84 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:56 am I literally am using Studio One 5 Professional with NO Melodyne.
jrhager84 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:24 am Also - I should add - I already own a copy of melodyne 2 editor
Remind me the thread subject line :dog:
All I see is you blatantly unable to comprehend what I was saying. I was saying that I was using it without having a registered copy in the S1 system unbeknownst to me because there was never a way to check it, and now so much time has passed that I was unable to rectify the issue with the seller, and had to pay more money.

If you're going to be obtuse, at least *try* to be more entertaining about it... Or if you're confused about how the English language works, I'd be more than happy to get you up to speed. :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”