The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Run Amok
Long intro, but that was a very nice surprise at 0:58.
1:38 Good sweep.
Some pretty good vocal doubling too at times.
Really enjoyed this one. The style seemed to suit you well.
This song also reminds me of something. It'll come to me.

Bansaw wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:52 pm Run Amok
Long intro, but that was a very nice surprise at 0:58.
1:38 Good sweep.
Some pretty good vocal doubling too at times.
Really enjoyed this one. The style seemed to suit you well.
This song also reminds me of something. It'll come to me.
Thanks Bansaw. This CD has literally been flying by the seat of my pants as I'm trying to stretch myself and, at the same time, stick to a theme of some sorts. I could take the easy way out and just do things that are familiar to me but then all I end up doing is stagnating and going nowhere. This way, I may fall on my face from time to time but when something works it's that much more satisfying.

10th track from my upcoming CD "Mad Scientist"

This one takes a different kind of left turn. Instead of multiple parts, this one is in 4 different keys, each weaving in and out of each other. Also, unlike previous songs, this one has no intro.

Fans of a couple of certain 70s groups should recognize two of the chord progressions on this one.

Back To The Drawing Board

What's done is done
There's no turning back
There's only going forward
Just don't walk on that crack

I've made mistakes
That much sure is true
Right now I'm looking forward
As I stare back at you

Back to the drawing board
Back to where it all began
Trying to make right of wrong
Maybe now to make the man
Somehow I will make this right
Undo all that I've done
I will make the ultimate
I will make the one

Some dreams come slow
Some don't come at all
Some people standing real straight
Some people they just fall

I know my faults
I know what I've done
I know I can't go back there
My work it has begun

Repeat Chorus

I see the road ahead
I see the sun start to rise
I see the wrong made to right
I see the sparkle in your eyes

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... wing-board

11th track from my upcoming CD "Mad Scientist"

This is the only "commercial" track of the CD. At 2:41, it crams a lot into a short time. Total sugary pop goodness. The left turn on this one is twofold. The track itself, which is so foreign to the rest of the CD and the lead vocals. I share lead duties with Vocaloid's Cyber Songman and Yohio. And there's a great duet section for the bridge.

Track was the most difficult of the CD to do with all the arranging, automation and plain cleaning up of things that weren't going quite right because of the very tight song structure. This one, unlike most of my songs, left no room for improvisation. So I had to literally write everything out so no notes sounded out of place. Trust me, I will not be doing this again.

Anyway, here it is. Hopefully, it'll get more response than the last track. :lol:

A New Solution

I think I've got it
It was staring me in the face all along
How could I be so blind
Come and join me in this song

Yes I think you've got it
It was staring you in the face all along
But don't be so unkind
Let me join you in this song

We all live and learn
We all make mistakes
But soon we prevail
Sometimes persistence is all it takes

I think you've got it
I knew you could all along
You soon will get there
So I join you now in this song

We all live and learn
We all make mistakes
But soon we prevail
Sometimes persistence is all it takes

So now I see it
What I should have known all along
And now I'll do it
And then I will end this song

A new solution

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/a-new-solution

12th track from my upcoming CD "Mad Scientist"

This one pure prog in 7 parts

i. strange noises
ii. three elements
iii. a partner for her
iv. final touches
v. seeking the one
vi. the accomplishment
vii. finale

Arguably the best track so far. But I'll leave that up to you. Lyrics and Soundcloud link to follow.

A Partner For Her

This is the moment
I've been waiting for
This is the moment
Who could want for more

Just another screw will do it
Just another twist and turn
Lessons don't come easy
But lessons we must learn

A partner for her

I've waited so long
For this time to come
I've waited so long
And now you are the one

I had to fix this
Big mistake I made
Now I can rest easy
Now my dues are paid

A partner for her

There he goes walking out the door
Gonna get his girl
She's the only one that he cares about
The only one in the world

He will rise
He will rise
He will rise so high
To the skies
To the skies
Soaring til he flies

A partner for her yes he is
The partner I made cause I am the whiz

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... er-for-her

I left a comment on soundcloud but i'll just leave this here. I really enjoyed this track. Hope to hear more like this in the future.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I am really feeling Back to The Drawing Board. I loved a New Solution and it felt like it belonged in a musical. I also love A Partner For Her. That solo is awesome. Your style is starting to grow on me. You make great productions! Feel free to comment and/or give feedback on any of my tracks in my recent thread with Void Sun, etc
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

Yup i agree withsilenthill2000. You do have a specific style that i really like. Very original. Do you plan to make any EDM in the future?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:47 pm I left a comment on soundcloud but i'll just leave this here. I really enjoyed this track. Hope to hear more like this in the future.
If you liked this track, you might want to check out my CD "The Dungeon Masters"

** WARNING ** The vocals are synthetic so that might be a turn off for you. However, there isn't a lot of singing on these and you might enjoy the instrumental parts enough to overlook the robot voices.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... on-masters

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:56 pm Yup i agree withsilenthill2000. You do have a specific style that i really like. Very original. Do you plan to make any EDM in the future?
A couple of years ago I did a kind of Trance style CD called "The Wyzyrd Of Trance" that you might want to check out. Again, synthetic vocals but not a lot of singing on the tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -of-trance

I've also done various EDM tracks here and there over the past 6 years. If you like, I can point out a few if I can find them. EDM isn't something I do a lot of.

silenthill2006 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:52 pm I am really feeling Back to The Drawing Board. I loved a New Solution and it felt like it belonged in a musical. I also love A Partner For Her. That solo is awesome. Your style is starting to grow on me. You make great productions! Feel free to comment and/or give feedback on any of my tracks in my recent thread with Void Sun, etc
Thank you for the listen and the feedback. As for my "style" growing on you, which one? :lol: Seriously, I do everything from Broadway to Metal. I even did a lo-fi hip hop piece a while ago. There isn't a lot that I won't do, including novelty songs.

Anyway, will definitely go and check out your thread ASAP. Always look forward to listening to new music.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:02 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:47 pm I left a comment on soundcloud but i'll just leave this here. I really enjoyed this track. Hope to hear more like this in the future.
If you liked this track, you might want to check out my CD "The Dungeon Masters"

** WARNING ** The vocals are synthetic so that might be a turn off for you. However, there isn't a lot of singing on these and you might enjoy the instrumental parts enough to overlook the robot voices.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... on-masters
wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:05 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:56 pm Yup i agree withsilenthill2000. You do have a specific style that i really like. Very original. Do you plan to make any EDM in the future?
A couple of years ago I did a kind of Trance style CD called "The Wyzyrd Of Trance" that you might want to check out. Again, synthetic vocals but not a lot of singing on the tracks.

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ance</span>

I've also done various EDM tracks here and there over the past 6 years. If you like, I can point out a few if I can find them. EDM isn't something I do a lot of.
Thanks Steven, I'll have a listen as we speak :tu:

wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:08 pm
silenthill2006 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:52 pm I am really feeling Back to The Drawing Board. I loved a New Solution and it felt like it belonged in a musical. I also love A Partner For Her. That solo is awesome. Your style is starting to grow on me. You make great productions! Feel free to comment and/or give feedback on any of my tracks in my recent thread with Void Sun, etc
Thank you for the listen and the feedback. As for my "style" growing on you, which one? :lol: Seriously, I do everything from Broadway to Metal. I even did a lo-fi hip hop piece a while ago. There isn't a lot that I won't do, including novelty songs.

Anyway, will definitely go and check out your thread ASAP. Always look forward to listening to new music.
I do agree that you do many styles after thinking about it some. LOL! I previously listened to one of your disco tracks but wasn't really feeling it even though the production was great. However, that probably has to do with me not liking disco all that much compared to other genres. I guess something really clicked for me with these recent productions. I do need to go back and listen to your other stuff. I am currently experimenting with Rock and Metal myself. I finally got some good virtual Guitar Amps, Cabs, and effects.
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

Steven has been my inspiration for actually finishing my tracks. I'm working on my album as we speak.

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:19 pm Steven has been my inspiration for actually finishing my tracks. I'm working on my album as we speak.
Well, I'm glad I can be an inspiration to somebody. Do you have a current thread of music here I can check out? If not, I can always just stop by your Soundcloud channel.

Return to “Music Cafe”