The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

silenthill2006 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:14 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:08 pm
silenthill2006 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:52 pm I am really feeling Back to The Drawing Board. I loved a New Solution and it felt like it belonged in a musical. I also love A Partner For Her. That solo is awesome. Your style is starting to grow on me. You make great productions! Feel free to comment and/or give feedback on any of my tracks in my recent thread with Void Sun, etc
Thank you for the listen and the feedback. As for my "style" growing on you, which one? :lol: Seriously, I do everything from Broadway to Metal. I even did a lo-fi hip hop piece a while ago. There isn't a lot that I won't do, including novelty songs.

Anyway, will definitely go and check out your thread ASAP. Always look forward to listening to new music.
I do agree that you do many styles after thinking about it some. LOL! I previously listened to one of your disco tracks but wasn't really feeling it even though the production was great. However, that probably has to do with me not liking disco all that much compared to other genres. I guess something really clicked for me with these recent productions. I do need to go back and listen to your other stuff. I am currently experimenting with Rock and Metal myself. I finally got some good virtual Guitar Amps, Cabs, and effects.
Disco is an acquired taste for some. Funny thing is, when it first hit the scene here (Sons Of Robin Stone, Trammps) I loved it. Then the Bee Gees hit (hated it) and now I love it again. So it has definitely been a love hate relationship for me over the years.

As for virtual guitar amps, you might want to check out that new few one Amplex. Sounded pretty good to me from what I heard of it.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:39 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:19 pm Steven has been my inspiration for actually finishing my tracks. I'm working on my album as we speak.
Well, I'm glad I can be an inspiration to somebody. Do you have a current thread of music here I can check out? If not, I can always just stop by your Soundcloud channel.
I've posted about 4 tracks here, all you can find on my soundcloud. I hope you like them.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:43 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:19 pm Steven has been my inspiration for actually finishing my tracks. I'm working on my album as we speak.
Well, I'm glad I can be an inspiration to somebody. Do you have a current thread of music here I can check out? If not, I can always just stop by your Soundcloud channel.
I've posted about 4 tracks here, all you can find on my soundcloud. I hope you like them.
I will definitely check them out if I can find them. This place gets pretty crammed with stuff quickly.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:46 pm
I will definitely check them out if I can find them. This place gets pretty crammed with stuff quickly.
Thank you. I appreciate it. Yes lots of new stuff getting posted lately, so my tracks might be on page 2 or even page 3.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:50 pm
Thank you. I appreciate it. Yes lots of new stuff getting posted lately, so my tracks might be on page 2 or even page 3.
Found one. Left comment. Will search for more. It was very well done. Were you a Yanni fan by any chance? Maybe John Tesh?

wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:55 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:50 pm
tbh never heard of them. although yanni sounds familiar. I'll have a listen. Oh and thank you very much :)

Found one. Left comment. Will search for more. It was very well done. Were you a Yanni fan by any chance? Maybe John Tesh?

13th track from my upcoming CD "Mad Scientist"

This song is strange. Nothing more to say.

Hard to believe there's only 3 tracks left to go.

The Union Of Souls

This is what we've been waiting for
There they are cute as a button
Simply made for each other
Here we go ready for nothin'

Next in line up to the altar
Their vows will last forever
We all can sleep well at night
Now that they are together

This is the way things like this usually go
As we go witness the union of souls

There they go off into the night
Peaceful and most serenely
We can breathe a sigh of relief
We waited for it so keenly

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... n-of-souls

Hi, sounds really cool! I have some tracks I’m going to post. If you’d review them, that would be great!
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:41 pm Hi, sounds really cool! I have some tracks I’m going to post. If you’d review them, that would be great!
:tu:

I have another track and a few more I can post you can review again.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

14th track from my upcoming CD "Mad Scientist"

This one is kind of electronic with some ethnic thrown in. Another very different tune.

Well, we're down to the last 2 songs. I can't believe I made it this far.

Too Good To Be True

I did it
I did it
I created the perfect couple
Nobody can take that away from me

So pinch me
Yeah pinch me
I know that there's no way it can last
I know that it's too good to be true

Too good to be true
Too good to be true
Too good to be true
Too good to be true

It's science
It's science
Say what you will it's never perfect
Nobody can say it's otherwise

Enjoy it
Enjoy it
Enjoy it while you can the two of you
Because you know it's too good to be true

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... to-be-true

Interesting and completely different from your usual stuff. Weird and catchy. I like it!

Frantz wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:52 am
Interesting and completely different from your usual stuff. Weird and catchy. I like it!
I've tapped into every drop of inspiration that I could come up with for this project. It might be my most unusual yet.

Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

15th track from my CD "Mad Scientist"

By rights, this should have been the last song. Nothing else to say.

To Dust In The End

It was fun while it lasted
But I think we all knew
That it had to end this way
I am now far past it
Won't waste time being blue
I'll look ahead to another day
Because when all is said and done
It's all to dust in the end

It started out quite simply
Had a plan that could not fail
But it didn't go quite so well
Like a kid awkward and pimply
I now run off holding my tail
But I guess you all could tell
Because when all is said and done
It's all to dust in the end

I gave it my best shot
I gave it all I got
But it blew up in my face
I feel like such a disgrace

Repeat Verse 1

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... in-the-end

musicals end with everybody doing a dance number.
even the bad guys and anyone who died joins in.

(admittedly ive not seen many musicals, this may not always be the case)

Return to “Music Cafe”