DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

AFranke wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:03 pm Hi Jürgen,
if I press a key in InControl Mode of my SL MK3 the wrong LED lits up. The octave setting of the SL is set to 0. If I press C4, than C3 lits and so on. If I setup the octave setting to -1 the gap between the pressed note and the note even gets an octave wider. Tried it with 10.5 and 10.6 and can reproduce it all times... :-)

LG Andy
Is that a 61?

thandle wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:47 pm This is awesome, thanks for all the hard work!

Any plans to add Alesis VI? I can't seem to get the transport buttons working properly.
No but check out the Generic Flexi.

melodyz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:35 am Hi sir thanks for the update. I am still having the strange problem with the fire. Heres the steps to create it
1. load a drum machine and select a preset like Impact 1
2. enter a single note somewhere
3. play with pitch control on that step (first turn key control on to 100% in the sampler) I think the pitch control is what is causing it.
4. Then press alt plus record to create clip 2.
5. the problem is the new clip shows lights on that step that was pitched controlled on the fire even though there is no midi data entered yet. I can enter it in and the midi clip shows notes added and taken away as I press the steps on the fire but the fire steps stays illuminated.

Example. enter a single step on the first step C1 then pitch adjust it by holding down the step and turning the select knob. (Again key control has to be on 100% to hear the pitch change)
When you create a new clip that new clip will have that same step lit up on the fire.
Try steps 1 through 5 on a different step or different note and you will see the illuminated steps follow on the new blank clip. So I am sure it is the pitch control thats causing it. Of course you might check the volume and pans and individual sends as well.
I am sorry but I cannot reproduce that. Are you 100% sure you are running the latest DBM version? Sounds like the bug I fixed already. If not, can you maybe do a video which shows both Bitwig and what you are doing on the Fire?

Hi Moss,
There is an issue on my Push 2 : In User mode, when I map a parameter, there is no label on the screen. The control is well assigned, but the screen on the Push stays black.

moss wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:48 am
AFranke wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:03 pm Hi Jürgen,
if I press a key in InControl Mode of my SL MK3 the wrong LED lits up. The octave setting of the SL is set to 0. If I press C4, than C3 lits and so on. If I setup the octave setting to -1 the gap between the pressed note and the note even gets an octave wider. Tried it with 10.5 and 10.6 and can reproduce it all times... :-)

LG Andy
Is that a 61?
Yes, it is. :-)

Invisble Man wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:58 am Hi Moss,
There is an issue on my Push 2 : In User mode, when I map a parameter, there is no label on the screen. The control is well assigned, but the screen on the Push stays black.
Oh, no not again :-/ Will be fixed in the next update.

moss wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:50 am
melodyz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:35 am Hi sir thanks for the update. I am still having the strange problem with the fire. Heres the steps to create it
1. load a drum machine and select a preset like Impact 1
2. enter a single note somewhere
3. play with pitch control on that step (first turn key control on to 100% in the sampler) I think the pitch control is what is causing it.
4. Then press alt plus record to create clip 2.
5. the problem is the new clip shows lights on that step that was pitched controlled on the fire even though there is no midi data entered yet. I can enter it in and the midi clip shows notes added and taken away as I press the steps on the fire but the fire steps stays illuminated.

Example. enter a single step on the first step C1 then pitch adjust it by holding down the step and turning the select knob. (Again key control has to be on 100% to hear the pitch change)
When you create a new clip that new clip will have that same step lit up on the fire.
Try steps 1 through 5 on a different step or different note and you will see the illuminated steps follow on the new blank clip. So I am sure it is the pitch control thats causing it. Of course you might check the volume and pans and individual sends as well.
I am sorry but I cannot reproduce that. Are you 100% sure you are running the latest DBM version? Sounds like the bug I fixed already. If not, can you maybe do a video which shows both Bitwig and what you are doing on the Fire?
Yes Im sure 10.6. I outlined the steps Im doing. Did you enable key control to 100% on the sample so the pitch control will work? I just did it again and the first kick drum gets stuck. Notes get stuck on the fire in the second and third pattern. It happens everytime. I am recording to clips not the arrranger view. Maybe theres the difference?

Heres a video showing it happen https://youtu.be/nWddYaoy5UM

melodyz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:05 pm Yes Im sure 10.6. I outlined the steps Im doing. Did you enable key control to 100% on the sample so the pitch control will work? I just did it again and the first kick drum gets stuck. Notes get stuck on the fire in the second and third pattern. It happens everytime. I am recording to clips not the arrranger view. Maybe theres the difference?

Heres a video showing it happen ...
Many thanks, that helped!
Seems that the workaround I implemented for the fact that the Select knob has no touch info did not work 100%. I implemented now a better approach, which will be in the next update.

moss wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:03 am
melodyz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:05 pm Yes Im sure 10.6. I outlined the steps Im doing. Did you enable key control to 100% on the sample so the pitch control will work? I just did it again and the first kick drum gets stuck. Notes get stuck on the fire in the second and third pattern. It happens everytime. I am recording to clips not the arrranger view. Maybe theres the difference?

Seems that the workaround I implemented for the fact that the Select knob has no touch info did not work 100%. I implemented now a better approach, which will be in the next update.

Thanks! Will that fix the issue entirely so that these stuck notes on new patterns will not appear any more?

melodyz wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:01 pm
moss wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:03 am

Thanks! Will that fix the issue entirely so that these stuck notes on new patterns will not appear any more?
Yes. Fingers crossed :D

Hi Moss,

Thanks for your great work. Amazing scripts for the Komplete Kontrol S keyboards.

I noticed there is a "max speed" for turning the knobs using this script. For example, I turn a knob at medium speed and it changes the parameter by a certain amount. Turning it faster doesn't change the parameter more, almost as if there is a fixed max speed for parameter change via the knobs.

Is this intentional? This doesn't happen when I use the generic flexi script.

Is it possible for the AKAI Fire to respect the pre-roll settings before recording? The pre-roll is being skipped when I start recording from the Fire but it works when I start recording from my laptop. Sorry if I missed something in the documentation. Also, thank you for the script!

imcubix wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:11 am Hi Moss,

Thanks for your great work. Amazing scripts for the Komplete Kontrol S keyboards.

I noticed there is a "max speed" for turning the knobs using this script. For example, I turn a knob at medium speed and it changes the parameter by a certain amount. Turning it faster doesn't change the parameter more, almost as if there is a fixed max speed for parameter change via the knobs.

Is this intentional? This doesn't happen when I use the generic flexi script.
Are you talking about the 1st series? Are you on Windows 10?

lilyyy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:11 am Is it possible for the AKAI Fire to respect the pre-roll settings before recording? The pre-roll is being skipped when I start recording from the Fire but it works when I start recording from my laptop. Sorry if I missed something in the documentation. Also, thank you for the script!
Can't see a problem here. How do you start recording? Arranger? Clip launcher?

hi for the akai fire were you going to have bitwig switch to the mix screen when perform mode is enabled on the fire?

SETTINGS
Session - Flip Session ON the Fire doesnt respond to perform button anymore to see Mix view on Fire (turn Flip Session ON then click shift button one time then try to press perform button and you will see its stuck in one mode)

Drum Sequencer - Turn off empty Drum pads - doesnt seem to do anything.

Return to “Controller Scripting”