Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

zvenx wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:22 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:05 pm
It is a company that also sells Preset Banks.
to users who are well aware of the browser situation in said synths.
I imagine you think the other developers who sell presets, who over time invested in a more comprehensive preset browser probably did not do it because of any informal or formal market research, but probably out of boredom.
rsp

yes, thats exactly what I think :clap:

you prob think the tiny amount of ppl who have requested a different browser prob out weigh the many who have bought both the product and add ons without any problems at all, and that the time required to develop and convert all products to a different browser is miniscule.... and that its def what the dev wants to do....

Time will tell.
Time will tell.
rsp
sound sculptist

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:12 pm
rezoneight wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:48 pm Since he's expecting us to buy this stuff to give him money to live on always a good idea to listen, especially when you have easy, direct access to the customer.
you buy it as it, not what it might become

don't like the browser? don't buy it
What was the point of bringing this up again 8 days later? As you already noted over a week ago ultimately it's his decision. There is no reason to keep beating this dead horse.

But since you did, speak for yourself. Some of us do buy the product both for what it is right now AND for what it might become. And yes I'm well aware that it could as easy as "dont buy it". But rarely are decisions so simple. The browser in DUNE 3 definitely could use work, that doesn't mean the rest of the instrument isn't worth buying AND requesting that a new browser be thought about.

You might be ecstatic with the browser. Good for you. Not all of us are and are suggesting Synapse think about a facelift. That's about the best we can do.

rezoneight wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:42 pm Some of us do buy the product both for what it is right now AND for what it might become. And yes I'm well aware that it could as easy as "dont buy it". But rarely are decisions so simple. The browser in DUNE 3 definitely could use work, that doesn't mean the rest of the instrument isn't worth buying AND requesting that a new browser be thought about.

You might be ecstatic with the browser. Good for you. Not all of us are and are suggesting Synapse think about a facelift. That's about the best we can do.
Exactly. No product is perfect and constructive feedback is a positive thing.

Personally I bought Dune 3 for the sound, but we all know there a couple of areas of the UI that need some love. I imagine Richard will invest some time into Dune after the success of The Legend and Obsession.

pierb wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:34 am
rezoneight wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:42 pm Some of us do buy the product both for what it is right now AND for what it might become. And yes I'm well aware that it could as easy as "dont buy it". But rarely are decisions so simple. The browser in DUNE 3 definitely could use work, that doesn't mean the rest of the instrument isn't worth buying AND requesting that a new browser be thought about.

Exactly. No product is perfect and constructive feedback is a positive thing.

Personally I bought Dune 3 for the sound, but we all know there a couple of areas of the UI that need some love. I imagine Richard will invest some time into Dune after the success of The Legend and Obsession.
Well, they are always providing updates to their instruments, just not the preset browser ;)

A few examples of using a MPE controller to get sounds beyond the original hardware:

http://youtu.be/HCl6y0_AHZE

I've found myself falling in love with the sounds of the OB6. This video is an example of the sound I love...
I'm considering selling my Peak and Arp Odyssey to fund a purchase of the OB6 but wondered if anyone who uses Obsession thinks it's possible to get this kind of sound from that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNA5PSOlV7U

no idea, remove the fx and then ask....

Banquet wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:50 pm I've found myself falling in love with the sounds of the OB6. This video is an example of the sound I love...
I'm considering selling my Peak and Arp Odyssey to fund a purchase of the OB6 but wondered if anyone who uses Obsession thinks it's possible to get this kind of sound from that?
Dumb question but couldn't you just download the demo and run it thru a Big Sky-like reverb plugin and find out?

Banquet wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:50 pm wondered if anyone who uses Obsession thinks it's possible to get this kind of sound from that?
You'd have to try really hard to make OBsession sound that bad and weak.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Banquet wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:50 pm I've found myself falling in love with the sounds of the OB6. This video is an example of the sound I love...

Lol absolutely yes, Obsession can sound like this (and more)

Seelachsfilet wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:49 am Lol absolutely yes, Obsession can sound like this (and more)

rezoneight wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:14 am Dumb question but couldn't you just download the demo and run it thru a Big Sky-like reverb plugin and find out?
It's a good question. I'm not so concerned about the Big Sky, it's the tone of the synth I'm interested in and having never used a OB type synth I thought I'd ask people with much more experience than me. I will download the demo and have a play :)

I downloaded the demo a few weeks back. I had other time commitments for a bit. I fired up the demo and it is expired. I didn’t even have a chance to use the demo. It was much less than 30 days. Will the timer re-set if I un-install and then re-install?

HTT wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:58 pm I downloaded the demo a few weeks back. I had other time commitments for a bit. I fired up the demo and it is expired. I didn’t even have a chance to use the demo. It was much less than 30 days. Will the timer re-set if I un-install and then re-install?
It won't. You need to contact SA for a demo reset
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”