KVRist
81 posts since 9 Apr, 2018

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:13 pm

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:09 pm
Still serial routing only for the vcf , bummer
it does have the parallel routing now! Quote from the change log:
New option to run both filters in parallel mode

I've done a few tests with this update.... First impression is a massive improvement in non-linear filtering action; I like it!

sinkmusic
KVRAF
6486 posts since 28 Apr, 2004 from france

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:37 pm

Really?
The changelog states
[edit] This should be here :

Winstontaneous
KVRAF
1944 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:12 pm

BerryLaCroix wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:57 pm
Winstontaneous wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:29 pm
I'm with you on this, the 2 annoyances I have with TB Reverb 4 have been the link between Size/Attack, and the inability to lock mix at 100% wet for easy send buss duties (looks like the latter was addressed in the latest update).
The lock wet only was already there before the latest update? Or perhaps iOS only....

In my experience you can vary the attack independently from the size; simply set the size to a suitable value, and then use the size EQ to adjust. That doesn't change the attack time, only how quickly it dampens over time.
I'm not sure what the last ToneBoosters update I had was, while it had the 0% Dry there was still no 100% Wet send mode that continued between preset changes. I've also attempted using the Size EQ, but as you note it doesn't actually change the attack.

BerryLaCroix
KVRist

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:55 pm

Winstontaneous wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:12 pm
I'm not sure what the last ToneBoosters update I had was, while it had the 0% Dry there was still no 100% Wet send mode that continued between preset changes. I've also attempted using the Size EQ, but as you note it doesn't actually change the attack.
Exactly. So if you want to change the attack; change the room size with the large knob. Alternatively you can use the size EQ to change the reverberation time without the attack time. :tu:

codec_spurt
KVRAF
4195 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:59 pm

Hi guys, it's me, codec_spurt.

Sorry for calling you a pompous little prat Tek, love ya really babes.

Sorry this all got so out of hand.

I do get it.

If you check my post history, if you know me at all, you will know I am pretty reasonable.

I'm sorry if this post of mine really turned your world upside down.

I've been fighting a very bad illness. And I never like to talk about things like that coz it always seems like an excuse. It's made me a bit cranky.

I don't think I ever accused Jeroen of running a scam operation to defraud the most faithful out of their last hard-earned sheckles, but there ya go. Don't know what more to say really. I don't know what more drama can be had from this LOL cow.

I'm pretty drained by it all. It's just fun for you, but it's a matter of life and death for me. So have at it.

Such a shame. Coz I really do feel like I gave something of myself over the last few years (read decades) where we got to know each other. I think anyone who ever Pm'd me with a concern or just asking a question got a pretty decent reply. I helped people out where I could.

In fact, I think I've always been the voice of reason around here. I've intermediated when others went mad. I've taken the high ground but I've always tried to find the middle ground too.

But paint me out to be a f**king right prick why don't ya? Mateys.

It's always interesting to see who dives in on a pile on. This isn't really about Toneboosters is it?

I don't know what more to say.

I don't know how to provide more drama than I already have, without being a LOLcow.

I still have all the Tone Boosters plugins that I already bought. I even kept the one that I didn't agree to pay for, but got charged for anyway. I don't care.

It's quite mad to portray me as someone who is painting Jeroen out to be a mad mastermind who defrauds people by the slight of hand of paypal. I was just pointing shit out. I might have not made the best argument over it all. Sorry about that.

I really don't like drama.

If anyone wants to hit me up and talk to a real human being (me) then feel free to do so via PM. I'll give you my real phone number. I have nothing to hide. I'm not out to do a malicious campaign against anyone, let alone Jeroen, who I really do respect and admire very much for his work and generosity.

Then again, you can all join the ban/deplatform/cancel codec_spurt train if you want. I mean, it must be illegal to accuse someone of fraud, right? Right!

I really don't like attention.

I feel really bad about this.

I'm sorry Jeroen if I ever even implied that you would defraud anyone. I never thought you would.

Can we call the dogs off my back, please?

I'm not well. Fighting this fight is difficult for me and detracts from other battles that I have. I'm not looking for sympathy. But for f**k's sake...

Still love ya Tek, babes. At least he has a sense of humour. And honour. And isn't some kind of snidey back-stabbing c**t, like some of you have proven yourselves to be. He's even witty whilst still being funny.

There are 7 different levels of how this whole scenario plays out. I'll admit. I lost this one. And probably deserved to. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Well, play among those who are healthy when you yourself are mentally impaired and quite f**ked up - don't expect a good outcome. I get it. I'm humbled. You win.

I suppose you can all get together to decide on a punishment for me. A banning? Or just a shunning? Perhaps something stronger? Financial ruin, perhaps?

Because I've just been such a totally unreasonable kind of prick haven't I, for the last 15 years or so?

f**k fellas, anyone can have a bad day. I'm having a bad year.

But ban me, call the police, and get me locked up for cyber crimes against humanity?

If you want things to take a turn for the worse, then they can.

There is a million different ways things can turn bad. I mean, you couldn't really hurt me worse than you already have. I don't think you realise just how bad this whole 'Jeroen' episode has hurt me. :-)

Enjoy your blood.

Drink deep.

I realise this isn't a good idea to post this shit, but what the f**k. I'm of sound mind. Enjoy it.

BerryLaCroix
KVRist

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:18 pm

sinkmusic wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:37 pm
Really?
The changelog states
[edit] This should be here :
That's it! It seems to be only clickable when both filters are enabled. Kind of makes sense :D

djeroen
KVRist
275 posts since 14 Sep, 2006

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Vortifex wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:36 am
One thing that still bugs me about Reverb is that to increase the decay time you have to increase the Size setting, which also automatically increases what would be the Attack setting on Vintage Verb, i.e. the perceived distance between audio source and reflective surface. The creates an uncontrollable lag between the sound and when the reverb blooms. It might be 'realistic' but I'd prefer to have control over that. It's the main reason I prefer to use other reverbs
So you'd like to have separate control over the room size (and how quickly the reverb builds up), and the decay time? It should be fairly easy to add that as an option (e.g. have an automatic coupling as it is now for realism, and have the option to decouple them to have even more control)?

bungle
KVRAF
1678 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:16 pm

Serious slow down on Air 2 IOS, looks like it is caused by the realtime displays, turn that off in reverb and the lag is gone, superb update on desktop, nice new UI tweaks and the dual is kicking now.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
3242 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:58 am

Can anyone point me to the correct 1.5 download for vcf ( not the installer file )
The whole package still has 1.2.1 inside , which is why I was dissapointed because of the missing parallel routing
The portable installer still has vcf 1.2.1 inside and not 1.5
https://www.toneboosters.com/changelog.html
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

nirm123
KVRist
179 posts since 7 Sep, 2012

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:02 am

is it possible to download specific installations in case I don't want to install all the bundle ?

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:04 am

All good , sorry for the rant and thanks for the tumbs down , I love them :)
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:28 am

nirm123 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:02 am
is it possible to download specific installations in case I don't want to install all the bundle ?
There is no possibility to download just one plugin , but if you choose portable install , you can just drag the desired dll in your vst folder
https://www.toneboosters.com/changelog.html
Choose portable install
Eyeball exchanging

nirm123
KVRist
179 posts since 7 Sep, 2012

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:31 am

thanks but it's only for windows right ?

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:44 am

Yes only win
About the vcf
I will probably get flammed for this ( not that I care anyway ) but settng the highpass filter to a low frequency with a healthy amount of resonance ( you can even crank the resonance all up ) it is lacking that boost of low frequencies because of the internal limiter , there is always volume compensation going on .
So if you wan't to achieve that typical hp low freq. boost , forget about it
His plugins are becoming more and more idiot proof , always staying in the safe zone .
Eyeball exchanging

Trancit
KVRAF
2877 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:40 am

djeroen wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:23 pm
So you'd like to have separate control over the room size (and how quickly the reverb builds up), and the decay time? It should be fairly easy to add that as an option (e.g. have an automatic coupling as it is now for realism, and have the option to decouple them to have even more control)?
As nobody answered I´ll do: a big YES!!!

Imho this should be default anyway as coupling these parameters into one control let you miss about 90% of all variations how the reverb could sound... i.e. a certain room size sounds completely different with a long decay than having the same decay with a bigger room size... so you loose all the variations in between...

Return to “Effects”