Toneboosters new plugins and updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:09 pm Still serial routing only for the vcf , bummer
it does have the parallel routing now! Quote from the change log:
New option to run both filters in parallel mode

I've done a few tests with this update.... First impression is a massive improvement in non-linear filtering action; I like it!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:09 pm Still serial routing only for the vcf , bummer
Really?
The changelog states
[edit] This should be here :

BerryLaCroix wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:57 pm
Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:29 pm I'm with you on this, the 2 annoyances I have with TB Reverb 4 have been the link between Size/Attack, and the inability to lock mix at 100% wet for easy send buss duties (looks like the latter was addressed in the latest update).
The lock wet only was already there before the latest update? Or perhaps iOS only....

In my experience you can vary the attack independently from the size; simply set the size to a suitable value, and then use the size EQ to adjust. That doesn't change the attack time, only how quickly it dampens over time.
I'm not sure what the last ToneBoosters update I had was, while it had the 0% Dry there was still no 100% Wet send mode that continued between preset changes. I've also attempted using the Size EQ, but as you note it doesn't actually change the attack.

Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:12 pm I'm not sure what the last ToneBoosters update I had was, while it had the 0% Dry there was still no 100% Wet send mode that continued between preset changes. I've also attempted using the Size EQ, but as you note it doesn't actually change the attack.
Exactly. So if you want to change the attack; change the room size with the large knob. Alternatively you can use the size EQ to change the reverberation time without the attack time. :tu:

kjkjkj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinkmusic wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:37 pm
Really?
The changelog states
[edit] This should be here :
That's it! It seems to be only clickable when both filters are enabled. Kind of makes sense :D

Vortifex wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:36 am One thing that still bugs me about Reverb is that to increase the decay time you have to increase the Size setting, which also automatically increases what would be the Attack setting on Vintage Verb, i.e. the perceived distance between audio source and reflective surface. The creates an uncontrollable lag between the sound and when the reverb blooms. It might be 'realistic' but I'd prefer to have control over that. It's the main reason I prefer to use other reverbs
So you'd like to have separate control over the room size (and how quickly the reverb builds up), and the decay time? It should be fairly easy to add that as an option (e.g. have an automatic coupling as it is now for realism, and have the option to decouple them to have even more control)?

Serious slow down on Air 2 IOS, looks like it is caused by the realtime displays, turn that off in reverb and the lag is gone, superb update on desktop, nice new UI tweaks and the dual is kicking now.
Duh

Can anyone point me to the correct 1.5 download for vcf ( not the installer file )
The whole package still has 1.2.1 inside , which is why I was dissapointed because of the missing parallel routing
The portable installer still has vcf 1.2.1 inside and not 1.5
https://www.toneboosters.com/changelog.html
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

is it possible to download specific installations in case I don't want to install all the bundle ?

All good , sorry for the rant and thanks for the tumbs down , I love them :)
Eyeball exchanging

nirm123 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:02 am is it possible to download specific installations in case I don't want to install all the bundle ?
There is no possibility to download just one plugin , but if you choose portable install , you can just drag the desired dll in your vst folder
https://www.toneboosters.com/changelog.html
Choose portable install
Eyeball exchanging

thanks but it's only for windows right ?

Yes only win
About the vcf
I will probably get flammed for this ( not that I care anyway ) but settng the highpass filter to a low frequency with a healthy amount of resonance ( you can even crank the resonance all up ) it is lacking that boost of low frequencies because of the internal limiter , there is always volume compensation going on .
So if you wan't to achieve that typical hp low freq. boost , forget about it
His plugins are becoming more and more idiot proof , always staying in the safe zone .
Eyeball exchanging

djeroen wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:23 am So you'd like to have separate control over the room size (and how quickly the reverb builds up), and the decay time? It should be fairly easy to add that as an option (e.g. have an automatic coupling as it is now for realism, and have the option to decouple them to have even more control)?
As nobody answered I´ll do: a big YES!!!

Imho this should be default anyway as coupling these parameters into one control let you miss about 90% of all variations how the reverb could sound... i.e. a certain room size sounds completely different with a long decay than having the same decay with a bigger room size... so you loose all the variations in between...

Return to “Effects”