Help wanted converting wavetable formats

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a wavetable I created in sektor that I wanted to import into pigments. Sektor uses a folder system and has the different .wav files in the folder for each wavetable while pigments simply has one .wav file to contain the each wavetable. I learned of both audio term and WaveEdit but neither one is working for me. Audio term doesn't read my .wav files for it and while WaveEdit did import them to every slot the main slot view didn't show the waveforms and the exported table didn't sound right at all. I imported it into pigments and it was silence except for a sound in the middle. I attached a wavetable I made in sektor as an example. Can someone help me convert this for use with pigments and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So I imported the frames into Serum and exported the WT. If you want to work with wavetables you pretty much need to get a synth with a wavetable editor...

There might be a fiddly way to do it without using free stuff, but using Serum it was easy to drag in the frames and export the wavetable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Serum is honestly one of the best wavetable format converters there is. I used Serum plus WaveEdit to create and convert wavetables for the SynthTech E352/E370 modules... nothing else really did the job.

foosnark wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:34 pm Serum is honestly one of the best wavetable format converters there is. I used Serum plus WaveEdit to create and convert wavetables for the SynthTech E352/E370 modules... nothing else really did the job.
DUNE 3 And Tone2 Icarus got a wavetable editor too and the format of the WAV files that those could export is compatible with Serum.
I have all 3 synths and can exchange wavetables created in those between all 3 synths. Besides that the wavetables can be also used in other synths like e.g. UVI Falcon 2 and VPS Avenger and they also worked in the demo version of Arturia Pigments 2.

For creating single cycle waveforms from samples (sampled from hardware or software synths) i use Steinberg Wavelab Elements 7 since several years.

For the resynthesis of samples Icarus is working quite nicely and those wavetables then could be used in other synths i mentioned above.

Both Serum and DUNE 3 in the wavetable editor offercraeting single waveforms and full wavetables based on mathematical formulas.
Serum has a unique picture resynthesis feature that could lead to some interesting results. This is mostly trial and error and many pictures are not leading to any useful results.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Use WaveEdit, it's free.

https://synthtech.com/waveedit/

Return to “Instruments”