Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

monomox wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:48 pm Tonal Balance Control 2 does not have a separate serial number
Do you mean O9A and TBC 2 have one serial number and the other two have separate serial numbers? So, total 3 serial numbers for the TBC Bundle Crossgrade, right?

I haven't installed anything. From what I've read, TBC 2 is part of O9A and N3A, so the bundle doesn't include a separate license for TBC 2.

But you can buy it separately. I hope I didn't just waste my money buying it. Though, now I can sell O9A, N3A and Necktar3.

Be warned that Izotope may not allow you to "part out" and sell off individual licenses from a bundle separately. I previously purchased a bundle from Izotope (not Tonal Balance) that included separate serial numbers for the individual components and I was seeing some oddities in how the licenses were displayed in my account. When I asked about that I also asked support if I could sell the individual licenses separately and was told that I could not. They do tie licenses together on the backend, similar to how you can't sell the earlier license that qualifies you for an upgrade. YMMV

kidslow wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:19 pm YMMV
exactly, that's why I mentioned my experience (I was able to sell licenses separately), but didn't say "Izotope lets you do it" because one never knows, the policy may change, it may depend on where you bought the plugin, etc.

kidslow wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:19 pm Be warned that Izotope may not allow you to "part out" and sell off individual licenses from a bundle separately. I previously purchased a bundle from Izotope (not Tonal Balance) that included separate serial numbers for the individual components and I was seeing some oddities in how the licenses were displayed in my account. When I asked about that I also asked support if I could sell the individual licenses separately and was told that I could not. They do tie licenses together on the backend, similar to how you can't sell the earlier license that qualifies you for an upgrade. YMMV
Thanks for the advice. What if you were to only register the licenses you wanted (i.e. Ozone/Neutron), and then pass on the serial number(s) for those you weren't interested in (in my case Nectar)? That technically wouldn't involve a license transfer as you wouldn't register it to your own account, but could you still come unstuck that way? Would they still be able to block another user from activating that license?

Sorry, I appreciate this is all hypothetical and the answers might not be known, but it's still useful to try and find out what's possible.

You cannot (unless iZotope specifically allows you, and good luck with that since they have a set policy) sell parts of a bundle. If you have the license to things outside that bundle, then you can still sell those.

BennyG wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:50 pm What if you were to only register the licenses you wanted (i.e. Ozone/Neutron), and then pass on the serial number(s) for those you weren't interested in (in my case Nectar)? That technically wouldn't involve a license transfer as you wouldn't register it to your own account, but could you still come unstuck that way? Would they still be able to block another user from activating that license?

Sorry, I appreciate this is all hypothetical and the answers might not be known, but it's still useful to try and find out what's possible.
You can try. Might work, and might not. All I know is what support told me, "Because it's part of a bundle it can't be split up [...]". Looking back at my emails, the serials did come in separately from JRR Shop and I must have added them to the account separately, so what you are proposing might work. Might cause you no end of hassles too.

Cool, thanks for all the replies. Probably not worth the risk by the sounds of it.

Am I the only one who finds that iZotope is still quite heavy on the CPU? I really like the MPS and it's content but when using Neutron 3 EQ for example I have to use it sparingly. Otherwise it would be close to Fabfilter.

Vleker wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:16 pm Am I the only one who finds that iZotope is still quite heavy on the CPU? I really like the MPS and it's content but when using Neutron 3 EQ for example I have to use it sparingly. Otherwise it would be close to Fabfilter.
The masking meter and dynamic EQ still seem heavy on CPU. Sometimes I have to turn off some instances of Neutron to use the masking meter, or reproduce the dynamic EQ in F6.

Vleker wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:16 pm Am I the only one who finds that iZotope is still quite heavy on the CPU? I really like the MPS and it's content but when using Neutron 3 EQ for example I have to use it sparingly. Otherwise it would be close to Fabfilter.
Just for fun (The picture is from https://www.16sounds.com/blog/best-eq-vst-plugins/):

If you use multiple instances, the fabfilter is always a better choice because the fabfilter uses common resources while the neutron does not.
For a neutron, each plugin instance requires full resources - but maybe if someone understands it better than me, then he will explain :)

Does Crave EQ ever go on sale? Someone on Reddit mentioned they have sales sometimes, but I haven't found any other evidence for this, so perhaps they confused it with something else?...

BennyG wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:50 pm
kidslow wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:19 pm Be warned that Izotope may not allow you to "part out" and sell off individual licenses from a bundle separately. I previously purchased a bundle from Izotope (not Tonal Balance) that included separate serial numbers for the individual components and I was seeing some oddities in how the licenses were displayed in my account. When I asked about that I also asked support if I could sell the individual licenses separately and was told that I could not. They do tie licenses together on the backend, similar to how you can't sell the earlier license that qualifies you for an upgrade. YMMV
Thanks for the advice. What if you were to only register the licenses you wanted (i.e. Ozone/Neutron), and then pass on the serial number(s) for those you weren't interested in (in my case Nectar)? That technically wouldn't involve a license transfer as you wouldn't register it to your own account, but could you still come unstuck that way? Would they still be able to block another user from activating that license?

I've been told that after a while, they don't track it. And that could be the sales rep I talked with.

I was thinking of doing the same thing - selling unregistered libraries. But that only works if they come as separate S/N's or if they are a "bundle"

becseigy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:33 pm
Just for fun (The picture is from https://www.16sounds.com/blog/best-eq-vst-plugins/):

If you use multiple instances, the fabfilter is always a better choice because the fabfilter uses common resources while the neutron does not.
For a neutron, each plugin instance requires full resources - but maybe if someone understands it better than me, then he will explain :)
Exactly why I still want to get Fabfilter 8)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”