Toneboosters new plugins and updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes to the above and finer control over the LFO speed, if possible.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

djeroen wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:23 am
Vortifex wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:36 am One thing that still bugs me about Reverb is that to increase the decay time you have to increase the Size setting, which also automatically increases what would be the Attack setting on Vintage Verb, i.e. the perceived distance between audio source and reflective surface. The creates an uncontrollable lag between the sound and when the reverb blooms. It might be 'realistic' but I'd prefer to have control over that. It's the main reason I prefer to use other reverbs
So you'd like to have separate control over the room size (and how quickly the reverb builds up), and the decay time? It should be fairly easy to add that as an option (e.g. have an automatic coupling as it is now for realism, and have the option to decouple them to have even more control)?
Wow, that would be great!
Also, Jeroen, can you please clarify - the Reverb 4 Documentation says:
"Delay Sets the initial delay of the late reverberation"...
So that means it's not the the full signal that's delayed including Early Reflections, right?
Would you consider adding an actual pre-delay as well?
Full signal pre-delay is the standard for 'verbs with a single delay control, late delay is a nice extra on Exponential R4/Nimbus, Relab VSR24.

Something along these lines should do it - foldable expert panel with room size, geometry, modulation depth and modulation frequency parameters....
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 7.21.11 pm.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

djeroen wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:23 am Something along these lines should do it - foldable expert panel with room size, geometry, modulation depth and modulation frequency parameters....

Excellent!

sinkmusic wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:05 am
djeroen wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:23 am Something along these lines should do it - foldable expert panel with room size, geometry, modulation depth and modulation frequency parameters....

Excellent!
+1 to that!
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

+2

Love the EQ4 GUI update @djeroen. Instantly feels better to work with. A couple of requests please:

- Please disable the hpf/lpf ability to gain the whole signal up or down. It gets frustrating and often makes me want to reach for other EQ's when I want something quick with no hassle.

- Have the colored bands dynamically change colors based on their spectrum position. Currently they have their color assigned based on their initial position, but then things can start getting messy real quick and it just becomes a bunch of random colors.

This is random but I really like the "less flat" look that Reverb 4, Compressor 4, Dual VCF and ReelBus have. Strikes a good balance between skeuomorphism and completely flat interfaces, IMO. The V4 series is really coming into it's own.

I feel like EQ4 could use a little more contrast for consistency with the other plugins but also for visual clarity. Maybe the control section at the bottom (In, AI Assist, Analyzer, ect) could be a little lighter to match the title bar at the top like EQ3? It just looks wrong to me as is. I love the EQ4 plugin to death though so please don't take offense (although I still prefer the overall look of EQ3 :D)

Bouroki wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:47 pm Love the EQ4 GUI update @djeroen. Instantly feels better to work with. A couple of requests please:

- Please disable the hpf/lpf ability to gain the whole signal up or down. It gets frustrating and often makes me want to reach for other EQ's when I want something quick with no hassle.
Already there: just remember to drag the nodes while pressing Alt (on Windows, I think it's Option on mac...)

- Mario

Yes please - and could you incorporate this into a possible Ambisonics reverb, we talked about in emails recently? ;-)

:tu: :tu: :tu: :clap:

BerryLaCroix wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:04 am
:tu: :tu: :tu: :clap:
Jeroen - do you have a direct brain <> computer interface you haven't told us about? :D

mabian wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:18 pm
Bouroki wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:47 pm Love the EQ4 GUI update @djeroen. Instantly feels better to work with. A couple of requests please:

Already there: just remember to drag the nodes while pressing Alt (on Windows, I think it's Option on mac...)

- Mario
Sure, I know, and it's also possible to drag just the frequency slider... but in the thick of things you want to quickly pull up an EQ, double click to create a hpf node and just drag it around just like in most other parametric EQs (even ReaEQ) and not have to be distracted by modifier keys.

Bouroki wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:54 am
mabian wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:18 pm

- Mario
Sure, I know, and it's also possible to drag just the frequency slider... but in the thick of things you want to quickly pull up an EQ, double click to create a hpf node and just drag it around just like in most other parametric EQs (even ReaEQ) and not have to be distracted by modifier keys.
You can't set it as you like and then save it as a default preset??

Return to “Effects”