Touch The Universe Group Buy 2020 | Last Chance to Grab all the Soundsets at 90% Off!

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
16289 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:23 pm

Touch The Universe wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:13 pm
Has anyone tried to send money to paypal in the last few days, but been unable to? Might be having some difficulties with the new cart system interfering with IPN from paypal. Not good, dang.
Was planning to, today :scared:

davidka
KVRist
467 posts since 22 Dec, 2010

Post Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:30 pm

Touch The Universe wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:57 pm
Just over half of those in the lower tiers have received there soundsets, lol, just waiting for them to reply back.

I currently have some FB ads running, after wrapping my head around that process, lol. Looking to promote at a few other places as well.

ANY Car people here?

I'm still waiting for my ride to reach me, 1600 miles away.

It will cost 1.4k to reach me, then I will look at an expense around 2-4.5K to fix. The total value of my ride is 11K and I owe 6K on it. I'm seriously thinking of selling it as is, where it is.

As far as I know, without having an in depth over heating diagnostic done of the ride, it needs a new crank, valued at 1.5K and 40 Hours of work minimum. They recommend getting a new engine for two reasons, replacing the crank is not easy and will likely cost 4.5k anyway after the labor, and finding someone to do that will also be a serious challenge.

What would you guys do?
Didn't expect to write in this topic on KvR...:)
If I were you, I wouldn't bother getting it back for that price. I'd arrange to sell the car there as it is - maybe even get back a bit of money. Think that a replacement engine would not solve other problems, and other stuff might be broke too in that vehicle. Also, don't be sure the mechanic there wouldn't rip you off. You're far away to check and see it yourself, and you don't know anyone there to help with these kind of stuff.

I'd spend around (at most!) 9k on a certified used Ford Focus or Fusion or any other high MPG-low maintenance car to recover from the losses of this ordeal. You have many good, cheap cars in the 50mile radious of Morristown.

Hope I could be of some help. Cheers!

User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
4143 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:02 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:23 pm
Touch The Universe wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:13 pm
Has anyone tried to send money to paypal in the last few days, but been unable to? Might be having some difficulties with the new cart system interfering with IPN from paypal. Not good, dang.
Was planning to, today :scared:
Nice, thanks :) Please keep me updated how it goes :)

I don't think there is anything to worry about, My webmaster says the IPN message is simply a notification, and won't prevent anything coming through. That's a relief.
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
4143 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:06 am

davidka wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:30 pm
Touch The Universe wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:57 pm
Just over half of those in the lower tiers have received there soundsets, lol, just waiting for them to reply back.

I currently have some FB ads running, after wrapping my head around that process, lol. Looking to promote at a few other places as well.

ANY Car people here?

I'm still waiting for my ride to reach me, 1600 miles away.

It will cost 1.4k to reach me, then I will look at an expense around 2-4.5K to fix. The total value of my ride is 11K and I owe 6K on it. I'm seriously thinking of selling it as is, where it is.

As far as I know, without having an in depth over heating diagnostic done of the ride, it needs a new crank, valued at 1.5K and 40 Hours of work minimum. They recommend getting a new engine for two reasons, replacing the crank is not easy and will likely cost 4.5k anyway after the labor, and finding someone to do that will also be a serious challenge.

What would you guys do?
Didn't expect to write in this topic on KvR...:)
If I were you, I wouldn't bother getting it back for that price. I'd arrange to sell the car there as it is - maybe even get back a bit of money. Think that a replacement engine would not solve other problems, and other stuff might be broke too in that vehicle. Also, don't be sure the mechanic there wouldn't rip you off. You're far away to check and see it yourself, and you don't know anyone there to help with these kind of stuff.

I'd spend around (at most!) 9k on a certified used Ford Focus or Fusion or any other high MPG-low maintenance car to recover from the losses of this ordeal. You have many good, cheap cars in the 50mile radious of Morristown.

Hope I could be of some help. Cheers!
My thoughts exactly, yet, this is the advice coming from car repair shops, so perhaps there initial estmates themselves are vastly skewed. Word of advice, reveal as little possible info to these people. If they see you are in a no recourse situation, then they may view you as an opportunity.

For instance, there estimate for a new crank was 1.5k, yet, a quick online search reveals I can find one for 400 dollars, wtf. But, it still remains to find a trustworthy mechanic, willing and able to take the engine out and fix it, lol

what a mess.

My new ride will probably not be too far off from what you suggested, good advice!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
16289 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:54 am


User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
3870 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:19 am

Touch The Universe wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:57 pm
ANY Car people here?
What's up? My dad is a mechanic and I work on my own cars as much as I can.

PS. For those that are interested, I already bought 17 of TTU's soundsets before this emergency group buy. I contributed the full $50 to the group buy to complete what i didn't have for the synths I have... and get all the extra ones in the event I end up with those synths in the future! These a very high quality soundsets from TTU!

User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
4143 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:58 am

Do you live near TN? As crazy as it would sound, even if you were across the pond, it would probably be cheaper for me to fly you in with room and board to help work on the car than it would be to deal with these car repair shops, haha. By the way, totally joking :hihi:

I don't even know. I guess the best case scenario is for me to find someone willing and able to take the engine out and then do a diagnostic on the overheating and possibly replace the crank and bearings. I am not thrilled at all on the situation here. Honestly, half of me is just like sell it and get out, as is where is, but even that is not a simply matter. Might just create a thread on craigslists explaining the situation or maybe contacting a few used car dealerships to kind of gauge them out. If they are sophisticated enough, they might be able to fix them on the cheap themselves, and thus offer more than an infiniti dealership.

I still need to contact the car shop where my car is just chilling there for weeks, lol. Sometime soon, they will start charging me 30 a day!!! What a mess...
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

Charles LB
KVRist
61 posts since 9 Dec, 2017

Post Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:50 pm

There you have, one member else to buy a 50$ package. Check your Paypal TTU.

User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
4143 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Charles LB wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:50 pm
There you have, one member else to buy a 50$ package. Check your Paypal TTU.
Awesome, thanks bro!

Links sent :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
4143 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:46 pm

I just send out the last email, announcing 48 hours remaining for the group buy with also a bit of good news as we are just 4 participants away from my original objective of 100 participants and very close to enough funds to fix up my ride.

Thanks again guys!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
4143 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:58 am

Hey guys!

Good news! I finally got my ride back home with me in TN, thanks!!

I just need to tow it to a dealership and get a diagnostics done on it. That will let me know once and for all how much it'll cost, but I get the feeling, I'll end up having to buy the parts myself and simply find a repair shop for the labor.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
4143 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:40 pm

Before I revert my site back and put things back to normal behind the scenes, I'd like to give you guys one final chance to take advantage of this no brainer deal. Send $50 to tj.ivory@touch-the-universe.com via paypal and I will send you all my soundsets. That essentially means you can grab all my soundsets for 90% Off!!

Cheers,
Tim
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
6863 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:56 pm

I just saw this and it is pretty much a no brainer. So I just got in for the full $50.

Thanks.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Kypresso
KVRist
253 posts since 26 Mar, 2014

Post Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:30 pm

Now the deal seems to be over, will you be sending out details about how we get the soundsets?
Win 10, Bitwig 3.2.2, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
4143 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:32 pm

I've been sending out emails requesting which soundsets the lower tiers wanted. If you haven't received it yet, just let me know in a pm with your email and I can sent it over right away. Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

Return to “Soundware”