Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:35 pm Does Crave EQ ever go on sale? Someone on Reddit mentioned they have sales sometimes, but I haven't found any other evidence for this, so perhaps they confused it with something else?...
I havent seen Crave sale but I did see someone selling second hand in the Buy Sell section just yesterday for €30. The plugin is already an excellent price so if it is intended as your workhorse eq Id just pay the full price its only €60

Edit: here's the listing second hand
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=550639&sid=b6529d9 ... c0df1f5555

Vleker wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:22 pm Am I the only one who finds that iZotope is still quite heavy on the CPU? I really like the MPS and it's content but when using Neutron 3 EQ for example I have to use it sparingly. Otherwise it would be close to Fabfilter.
Not too bad for me. I've got Reaper, i7-7700. The EQ is fine, Nectar takes some CPU, but really the only major hog is Sculptor.
I've got Gullfoss and its similar, but uses less CPU.
Izotope sometimes make "more CPU efficient" as a selling point for their next upgrade.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Important note re Image-Line Edison on offer from JRR, listed in "No Chat" - the JRR website doesn't make any mention of this only working within FL studio if using mac. From Image-Line:
System requirements
Edison in FL Studio
Edison works inside FL Studio both under Windows and macOS
General FL Studio system requirements apply

VST plugin
ATTENTION: NO macOS VST version available!
Can NOT be used in other DAW on Mac.

Use INSIDE FL Studio is possible on both macOS and Windows
WINDOWS: 7, 8, 10 or later
2Ghz AMD or Intel Pentium 3 compatible CPU with full SSE1 support
512Mb RAM.
30Mb free disc space.
DirectSound or ASIO compatible soundcard.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:48 am Important note re Image-Line Edison on offer from JRR, listed in "No Chat" - the JRR website doesn't make any mention of this only working within FL studio if using mac. From Image-Line:
System requirements
Edison in FL Studio

VST plugin

512Mb RAM.
30Mb free disc space.
I use as a looper-recorder in the Live, works well.
Some parts of the UI could be better designed, though.

becseigy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:33 pm
Vleker wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:16 pm Am I the only one who finds that iZotope is still quite heavy on the CPU? I really like the MPS and it's content but when using Neutron 3 EQ for example I have to use it sparingly. Otherwise it would be close to Fabfilter.
Just for fun (The picture is from https://www.16sounds.com/blog/best-eq-vst-plugins/):

If you use multiple instances, the fabfilter is always a better choice because the fabfilter uses common resources while the neutron does not.
For a neutron, each plugin instance requires full resources - but maybe if someone understands it better than me, then he will explain :)
What do you mean by common resources? Do you mean each instance creates a separate processing thread.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:48 am Important note re Image-Line Edison on offer from JRR, listed in "No Chat" - the JRR website doesn't make any mention of this only working within FL studio if using mac. From Image-Line:
System requirements
Edison in FL Studio

VST plugin

512Mb RAM.
30Mb free disc space.
'Use INSIDE FL Studio is possible on both macOS and Windows' - yes and it also has to be the full version of FL Studio. I tried installing the demo of FL Studio just so I could access the Mac versions of the plugins I have licenses for (in Plugin and FL versions) already but it wouldn't let me register them.

Hey everyone. Is anyone else having trouble applying their $40 credit coupon on synthmaster site. i'm trying to upgrade from the SM1+2 bundle but the cart keeps showing the regular price of $229 while the coupon is already applied.

testman3thousand wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:49 pm Hey everyone. Is anyone else having trouble applying their $40 credit coupon on synthmaster site. i'm trying to upgrade from the SM1+2 bundle but the cart keeps showing the regular price of $229 while the coupon is already applied.
I had to click the actual coupon link for it to show up.

rockhopper wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:29 pm
testman3thousand wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:49 pm Hey everyone. Is anyone else having trouble applying their $40 credit coupon on synthmaster site. i'm trying to upgrade from the SM1+2 bundle but the cart keeps showing the regular price of $229 while the coupon is already applied.
I had to click the actual coupon link for it to show up.
It seems to be working now, but it turns out the code i was sent is for upgrading SM2 to Everything Bundle but i already have the SM1+2 in my account. I guess i will just Email them.

Thanks bro.

Do Oeksound ever have any sales? If so, how much was the best discount (if any)?

nj wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:24 pm Do Oeksound ever have any sales? If so, how much was the best discount (if any)?
Yes. The last sale was this April ("Easter sale"). Hopefully there will be a Black Friday sale again.

Based on a quick search of the No Chat thread, the biggest discount seems to have been 38% off.

nj wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:24 pm Do Oeksound ever have any sales? If so, how much was the best discount (if any)?
Off the top of my head the price discounted was around $139

Man, I love JRR Shops prices but boy do they take their sweet time with processing orders.
Uncle E, get them to hurry up ;)

Edit: it’s been 12 hours now :(
Last edited by simmo75 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Excalibur for 10 dollars
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/au ... -excalibur

R4, upgrade from Excalibur, for 29 dollars
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -Excalibur

Seems an interesting combo if you were after R4, if this combo works..

simmo75 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:29 pm Man, I love JRR Shops prices but boy do they take their sweet time with processing orders.
Uncle E, get them to hurry up ;)

Edit: it’s been 12 hours now :(
That's pretty darn impatient to publicly complain after only 12 hours.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”