Timeless, irreplaceable plugins and bundles that really worth it.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No mate. Read the posts. Talking about manually deleting the files when removing plug-ins on Mac, NI or otherwise

leeleema wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:35 pm No mate. Read the posts. Talking about manually deleting the files when removing plug-ins on Mac, NI or otherwise
Well, that's odd. Because only minutes ago you were claiming Apple had made it impossible for NI to delete those files from within an app like Native Access automatically.

No-one was talking about it being particularly difficult to delete those files on OS X (because it isn't, other than entering the same password you need to move files into some of those folders in the first place).

Your own statement:
Given NI's general slickness e.g. license transfers I've a feeling it's something they would do if they could. But those plug-in files are in protected folders (Mac) so that's probably why.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apple s*cks big time. windows too. and especially linux. case closed, back to topic.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:39 pm
leeleema wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:35 pm No mate. Read the posts. Talking about manually deleting the files when removing plug-ins on Mac, NI or otherwise
Well, that's odd. Because only minutes ago you were claiming Apple had made it impossible for NI to delete those files from within an app like Native Access automatically.

No-one was talking about it being particularly difficult to delete those files on OS X (because it isn't, other than entering the same password you need to move files into some of those folders in the first place).

Your own statement:
Given NI's general slickness e.g. license transfers I've a feeling it's something they would do if they could. But those plug-in files are in protected folders (Mac) so that's probably why.
Stop baiting. What's the point

No-one is "baiting". It's in your head.

To finish off, as this is going nowhere, but for anyone who cares whether Native Access could kill the .plist files that hold the licence info for plugins and libraries, NI installs a couple of privileged helper tools that you give admin permission to when it first runs. This should provide the necessary level of privilege to remove plugins and libraries from within the app even without the user entering their OS X password again (though it wouldn't be that much of a chore if it did that). For whatever reason, NI has never bothered but is fairly open about what needs to be removed by hand for Native Access to forget a library was there.

KenjiDeVries wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:41 pm apple s*cks big time. windows too. and especially linux. case closed, back to topic.
Have you tried Reaper?

What was the topic..? Oh, yes! :phones:

The MDA #vst - bundle gone 64Bit.
http://mda.smartelectronix.com
Download:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mda-vst ... p/download
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

e@rs wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:03 pm
bmanic wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:12 pm Do give the presets a try though. I've really tried making them "musical" this time around.
And I did. And I think you succeeded, they're pretty darn good. I only used them on a snare in a track I'm working on, but without any tweaking I got all kinds of lovely, really usable results. Then (just to be sure that I don't praise you too much :hihi: :wink:) I went back to the original presets that came with Timeless 2 and tried almost all of them again; and again, I couldn't find a single one to like.

So, :clap: and thank you again for them!
Awesome! Mission accomplished. :D
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Have I missed it, or has nobody mentioned any of the Valhalla plugins?

I have been using UAD plugs since the beginning.
Before that I used the hardware.
Will still be using them when all our studios are on Mars (or Saturn if your Sun Ra).

Soundplex wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:23 pm I think there are no irreplaceable plugins. Anything can be replaced with something somewhat similar, surely not a 100% copy.
Given the previous comments about having to sell stuff and buy something simpler that actually works for an individual. I’d say for most of us the irreplaceable plugin is the one we have invested time in and so is an integral part of our workflow.

Most of us have limited time to do what we do, and knowing something inside out can make the difference between making music and making nothing.

Kontakt is irreplaceable.

penfever wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:55 pm Kontakt is irreplaceable.
It truly is. Unfortunately, I do not own it. :(

Another set of irreplacable tools (for me) is anything from PSP. I use FETPressor all the time. Their EQs simply sound good. I know there are other, maybe equaly good plugins, but I know I can always count on PSP to sound right whenever I put their plugs on my tracks. Irreplacable to me.

Klanghelm MJUC is another one - maybe even more so. I just can't get any other compressor to sound so good on a track. It has loads of character, and it can be pushed real hard, but it will always retain thet original character without the track feeling overly squashed.

PSP are quality

"But those plug-in files are in protected folders (Mac) so..."
I set Audio/Plugins to Me as Owner, with all contents following. Now, if there's a new plugin it reverts to me not owning for some reason, but let's say I just installed something IKMM and need to delete a dozen things or whatever, I'm definitely going to do this, and delete away rather than enter my password 36 separate times.
I don't know where this trope comes from, not true. It is true that by default User Name/Library is hidden, but it's not hard to change this. If one knows the layout of OSX, one has access to all that one needs.
Now, should I want to delete an application, in Applications, I am going to have to enter my password.

Protected files are System Files: MacIntosh Hard Drive/System/Library. No plugin, nor user content is found in any such place unless someone has really messed up.

Back to topic, I find that the old Vienna Suite Hybrid Reverb is irreplacable, ie., by the new version in the "Pro" VS, which got rid of a number of features I use every time; and got rid of the Plates, a lot of things like the Nice Piano Room preset, just a different reverb. Now very geared towards surround, which is their big thrust now.
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”