SONIBLE smart:reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still no answer to my support ticket, no mail with the pre order code...
Seems they are lost and overwhelmed by the customer demand.

Calenberger wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:18 am Still no answer to my support ticket, no mail with the pre order code...
Seems they are lost and overwhelmed by the customer demand.
I just got mine
Although I am thinking of not buying now as I dont think it adds enough to what I already have. Think it is very good and good for the price as well. Just I am avoiding buying anything now if it does not add something quite unique

hmmmm i also got a voucher now but i still dunno why to use this plugin? do you guys have any nice results so far?
for mixing i dont think this will add anything at all so far with my tests.

i dunno if i like its character so far, it is neither shimmering, neither big hall etc.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Just got my voucher. So anyone waiting for it - be patient.
Concerning the reverb: The current consensus seems to be that many people do not know how and why to use it. Not hearing many people rave about it (yet?). This matches my own opinion after testing it. Still not sure if it adds something if already having Valhalla and Exponential reverbs, even though it's tempting for 49€ now...

I think it is good for a single instrument where you want a very clear sound as if in a space but without any obvious - this sound has a reverb on it. I got some very good sounds on drums like that. But I can do that already with Sparkverb - although the ducking / clarity makes the sonible reverb very attractive as Sparkverb and my other reverbs cant do that

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:33 am What voucher? I signed up for the pre-release promo code and they said I'd get one on August 10th, but instead it's just an intro price. I'm getting 54.17 € in cart but no voucher to reduce it further like you did.

Not sure what happened.
Do you already own some Sonible plugins? I get the impression that the extra coupon code is only for those who are already customers, as a thanks for our fidelity.
Also, the final discount price appears only if you're logged in as a customer.

So far, it seems like some kind of weird sound design plugin. vurt might like it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I own Entropy, Proximity, Smart EQ 2 and I really like and use them.

With regard to this reverb, I think that it is good and well-made; however, from the comments I am reading on the Web, I tend to believe that is has not been made for me, since I only work with chamber pieces of classical music recorded live in theatres with a bunch of classical instruments, or with classical electroacoustic composition and I already have many excellent reverbs for all that (B2, Aether, Liquidsonics Reverberate, Acon Verberate, HD Cart, Space Designer, Breeze, Valhalla VV, Comet, Blackhole, Adaptiverb, FabFilter Pro-R, EAReverb 2 among others…).

I finally managed to obtain a decent grand piano reverb from it (though not as good as others I have), but it took quite a long time and I had to give up using the "Keys" factory setting and work only with my own ears.

Besides, I have always preferred to obtain very precise results rather than very quick results, so I am tending to spend a lot of time even with this reverb to perfect all the details (so, it's not that different from using other reverbs, in my case, in terms of speed of use) and after all that time the quality is good, but not as with other reverbs I already have…

Integrated ducking is nice, but I can obtain a precise sidechain ducking with MSpectralDynamics.

So: good, especially for 49 euro, in my case, interesting, well-made, but I wonder if it would add anything really useful for me… I will go on testing and thinking, anyway. Let's see if I will change my mind.

Interesting thing - to my ear LS CinematicRooms have some adaptability result in his infinity mode too. I mean - the incoming stream of the spectrum does not turn into total blend\noise, but as if it also has the ability to isolate the previously received energy. And its looks like not just simple damping.
Although this property is much less pronounced there than in a specialized device like Smartreverb.

BerryLaCroix wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:21 am
fairlyclose wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:45 am
BerryLaCroix wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:14 am experiments I did, it was often quite metallic sounding, and not at all suiting the content I put in.
even set to max natural and rich ?
Well if I let it determine the "optimal" reverb, and then I need to go in and change everything, the AI feature is kind of useless, isn't it?
You might want to read the manual then, because you don't understand how this works.

The AI computes the reverb matrix on the right: the spectral and temporal shapers. This maps a grid of frequency against decay with multiple nodes, into a sort of convolution map. You can adjust the result if you wish, but only so much before breaking the computed model.

The AI also computes the manner in which the various nodes can be adjusted together using the X/Y control, to change the character of the reverb while still adhering to the computed model.

The controls on the left (X/Y, Width, color, clarity, time, pre-delay, dry/wet) are all designed to work with the matrix model calculated by the AI. You still need to dial in what you are after in terms of color, depth, width, etc.

After additional testing on very different material (and compared with pair of very good standard reverbs) - noooo i definitely like what it doing in inf. mode now. He can be very handsome. Still confused a bit about moment of infinity enabling though (quite rough transition i mean), and i not sure do really get anything new compare with Adaptiverb, but i believe this is definitely good and useful addition. (For those who not have adaptiverb i would say - must have).
And yes - need better dig into manual now.
Last edited by c_voltage on Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For me it's a quick mix tool AND a sound design tool.
Amazing!

sguyader wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:39 pm Do you already own some Sonible plugins? I get the impression that the extra coupon code is only for those who are already customers, as a thanks for our fidelity.
Also, the final discount price appears only if you're logged in as a customer.
Yes I do. I got the real "voucher" last night, which brings it down to about 40 Euro. I will demo and see what it brings. I have Adaptiverb which is also "smart" and adapts to different material, and is also a sound design rabbithole.

Seems like some really interesting mixed results from users so far - but perhaps ironically it has a bit of a learning curve and is deeper than it first seems.

teilo wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:21 pm You might want to read the manual then, because you don't understand how this works.
Ok let me be more specific. Opening up the plugin with default settings, on the test clips I've tried it on (a variety of drum clips, vocals, instruments, and submixes), gave a better fit to the content before applying AI than after, even when playing around with the various controls.

It might just not my thing that's all. Reverb preferences can be highly subjective so that could explain my experiences.
Last edited by BerryLaCroix on Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

I like it. it has a unique vibe and way of interacting with the reverb. I'ts like a refined HReverb, which is a pretty shmick reverb but a bit tedious to use. It's value will be unique to you so try it out. For me I bought it. I'd have paid more without so much of a discount. Nice tool.

Return to “Effects”