Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

monomox wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:41 pm my only advice would be to double check that the stuff you install doesn't install other s***. My wife wasn't careful and her computer had this annoying banner pop up every time she started the computer (it was some kind of ad) after installing magixx or something .
That's why I asked above if the software comes from the developer's actual websites.

If it's delivered any other way I wouldn't be interested.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Just be aware that these are not the latest versions and Magix upgrades tend to be expensive.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Humble Bundles are totally legit. The "catch" with the Magix bundles is that they're not for the most recent versions (eg., Vegas Movie Studio Platinum is currently up to v17; Video Pro X is up to v12; Sound Forge Audio Studio is up to v14) and Magix doesn't offer particularly big discounts for upgrade purchases.

Interestingly with this package, Acid Music Studio *does* appear to be the current version. I can't tell about Music Maker, their versioning for that product is odd.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

I bought an earlier Magix bundle, and I received keys to register at magix.com.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Teksonik wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:51 pm
monomox wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:41 pm my only advice would be to double check that the stuff you install doesn't install other s***. My wife wasn't careful and her computer had this annoying banner pop up every time she started the computer (it was some kind of ad) after installing magixx or something .
That's why I asked above if the software comes from the developer's actual websites.

If it's delivered any other way I wouldn't be interested.
plot twist: the ad was by the same company, LOL... it was nagging her to upgrade, I think?
I don't remember, she has a new computer now.
Like others have said, Humble Bundles are legit 100% and you download the software directly from the developer, HB just gives you a code

My Paint Shop Pro program does the same thing popping up Ads to upgrade out of the blue even though I have them turned off in the options. It's annoying but harmless.

But are the codes legit ? Still having a hard time thinking this deal is above board. Just feels off.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:05 am My Paint Shop Pro program does the same thing popping up Ads to upgrade out of the blue even though I have them turned off in the options. It's annoying but harmless.

But are the codes legit ? Still having a hard time thinking this deal is above board. Just feels off.
Humble Bundles are 100% legit, sadly for me they don't offer a lot of mac compatible content, but I have bought a few books there.

Thanks, do they actually contribute to charity ? Just seems too good to be true and that's always a red flag for me. :?

Oh well for $25 you can't get hurt even if it all goes sour. :shrug:

Humble bundle is legit. I bought Hitfilm Pro last year. But the limitation was that I could only install on one machine, not three as the full price version allows.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:19 am Thanks, do they actually contribute to charity ? Just seems too good to be true and that's always a red flag for me. :?

Oh well for $25 you can't get hurt even if it all goes sour. :shrug:
yes, they’ve been doing these for ages and you can usually also choose the charity/humble split and which charities get your money.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Humble Bundle is the real deal.
A well-behaved signature.

My favourite Humble Bundle purchase was a bundle of all the Dark Horse Angel and Faith comics in multiple ebook formats for about £15. It continues the Angel story from where the TV show ended.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:05 am My Paint Shop Pro program does the same thing popping up Ads to upgrade out of the blue even though I have them turned off in the options. It's annoying but harmless.

i think this similar business model Cyberlink do. they give away old version of their software for free and when you intall them they keep popping up upgrade ads.

re: magix and humble. i was looking at it as i wanted to score the Spectral Layers upgrade. SoundForge doesn't come with the additional software you get if you buy from Magix.

Curious if anyone jumped on the Magix deal a few months ago that included Spectral Layers 6 and whether they got the free upgrade to Spectral Layers 7?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

^^^
Yep, Got the Samplitude X5 Pro Suite with SpectraLayers 6 and 7.
Now have SL7. So got SL7 for $199 instead of $299.
Also got SoundForge 13, CoreFX, and a few other items.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 am My favourite Humble Bundle purchase was a bundle of all the Dark Horse Angel and Faith comics in multiple ebook formats for about £15. It continues the Angel story from where the TV show ended.
About 2 years ago I purchased Vegas pro, was it 14, from the HB. I was hoping to be able to upgrade or buy video effects add ons from the HB later, but in the last 2 years, to my disappointment, they’ve offered mostly stupid games etc rubbish. I wonder if I’ve missed some sales?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”