One Synth Challenge #138: Surge (MrKarolus Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I vote for SNARE OFF! :hyper: Image

That is a splendid idea - go for it guys and girls! :)

Alright, here are two I just made for ya'... figured, I start from scratch for this one. However, these are pure Surge, no mastering or any other thing outside of Surge. :scared: :hyper:
https://soundcloud.com/taronium/snare-off/s-p1PBkIlXaQU

I love the second one!

Also, as a pointer - would be a neat thing to have macros in those snare patches do sensible things to the sound. :)

Yes, I already have a tuning macro in there! ;)

Couple more that'd make sense: decay time, tone/noise mix, filter tweak (if applicable), reverb size/tone/mix...

At some point it might come to pass that NKS compatibility would be added to Surge, so the more patches have all 8 macros defined, the better. Of course that also means that 1000+ patches that are in the Surge install which don't have any macros defined, it'd be a very very painful thing to do. Might even do a community drive to get that done. But... no rush since this is just a running thought.

Native Kontrol Standard... ah...sounds convenient AND all hell, haha...but I will keep it in mind! :tu:
Certainly makes me consider to make a decent template with some of those controls already hooked up, such as for reverb/mastering.

Alright, here are both snares, while I only added the 8 controls to the first one and don't know, how soon I'll get to wrap up the next... don't want to rush it too much. :phones:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I did say "no rush" to the whole thing :)

Oh oh Mr T. I get this just opening this KVR OSC page 12 ....

dB

You did? Ah...yes, you did indeed. Figured you were talking about the NKS, with which I would still be 1 control short, soooo.... that's not what I was rushing about! :hihi:

Here's your favorite with 7 controls! :hugs:

@Rob: What the hell...really. Please, exclude my website from that detection, because this is horsesh#t, of course. Not sure, who may be trying to screw around with me again, but it just isn't true. :roll:
Thanks, though! :tu:
Try this:
https://www.taron.de/
...see if that helps?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Mr T!

Have PM'd you ... it's an SSL error ... duly reported to MWB

dB

I wonder if anyone has started using the skin creation functionality for Surge yet :?: I really dream that someone will create a skin on which different colors will indicate different parts of the synthesizer, as in the manual: synthesis, shape, FX, etc. So far, the standard skin is very confusing to me, although I have never attached importance to such things before...
P.S. I'm not asking OSCers to create it! :D Just asking if anyone knows that they have already appeared?

My tweak of the dark skin does that in rough strokes, by having different slider colors for synth section, FX section and modulator section, with a separate color for modulation assign mode.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cch8k0z8e ... n.zip/file

Thank you, this is little more interesting than the usual DarkSkin) Here's another question - why doesn't Surge save my default preset folder? I assign my folder to the default folder and it opens the entire session without problems. But when I close the DAW and open it again, my presets don't show up where they should be (at the bottom of the list) and I have to re-assign my folder. Windows 7, 64 Bit, Cakewalk.
P.S. I Think I figured it out. It seems that Surge can't process the Russian letters in the folder address. I'll leave this here in case someone has the same problem)

Return to “Instruments”