The Mangle (SoundGuru), is it still alive ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bodhisan wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:38 pm
mladi wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:53 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:48 pm When hell freezes over we'll see another version of this synth.
:lol: So true.. sad but true.
Oh, I don’t know. Anything’s possible - but you read the same three posters pissing on the dev and the same three praising. It’s Groundhog Day here on KVR.
Rat pack? :lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Hi there guys.

I was an early adopter of "The Mangle" over 5 years ago. Just wanted to ask if the latest version is 1.1, or people here were able to get a version after 1.1 from the dev? Just making sure I have the latest version, that´s all.

I found in my email the download links for the installers, that was the last time the dev replied to me after I asked about a latest version of the installers, and perhaps presets. But there were no presets.

Also, apart from wagtunes, no one else ever created preset packs for it? Turned google upside down already could not find anything, even wagtunes site don´t show up, I was only able to discover it by searching "sound guru the mangle" here on KVR forum.

Best Regards
BOOOOOM!!

gauer wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:21 pm Hi there guys.

I was an early adopter of "The Mangle" over 5 years ago. Just wanted to ask if the latest version is 1.1, or people here were able to get a version after 1.1 from the dev? Just making sure I have the latest version, that´s all.

I found in my email the download links for the installers, that was the last time the dev replied to me after I asked about a latest version of the installers, and perhaps presets. But there were no presets.

Also, apart from wagtunes, no one else ever created preset packs for it? Turned google upside down already could not find anything, even wagtunes site don´t show up, I was only able to discover it by searching "sound guru the mangle" here on KVR forum.

Best Regards
I'm not surprised my site doesn't show up. The Mangle isn't exactly a big player in the VST world, which is a shame. This thing had so much potential. But Tom is MIA and, oh well, what can I say? Still, IMO, the best granular VST out there.

Best Regards
I never got a reply from him asking for the latest version so I'm still on the version before that which is annoying.

my download links don't work
'No URL found for this tracker ID'
so no mangle

Dave

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:59 pm

Best Regards
I never got a reply from him asking for the latest version so I'm still on the version before that which is annoying.
The latest version I have is 1.0. 1.1, from what I understand, is just some minor stuff. If you have 1.0 you should be fine.

Such a shame, The Tangle was also very promising. They were so ahead of their time with the vector based resizable interfaces.

He could pass on those projects to another programmer who is willing to keep upgrading the mangle and the tangle. Sell the code, give the code, whatever. He does not seem to care much about it so, just make it open source.

The latest version from the link he sent me is 1.1

But in sharing sites like audioz for example, it says version 1.1.1, I downloaded to compare it looks like the same thing...
BOOOOOM!!

gauer wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:08 pm He could pass on those projects to another programmer who is willing to keep upgrading the mangle and the tangle. Sell the code, give the code, whatever. He does not seem to care much about it so, just make it open source.

The latest version from the link he sent me is 1.1

But in sharing sites like audioz for example, it says version 1.1.1, I downloaded to compare it looks like the same thing...
The latest I have here is 1.1.1 and it seems to in Catalina. I'm not sure if that is the latest official release version though.

Hey everyone, wondering if anybody has dealt with crashed validation with The Mangle on Logic Pro 10.5?

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:33 pm I'm not surprised my site doesn't show up. The Mangle isn't exactly a big player in the VST world, which is a shame. This thing had so much potential. But Tom is MIA and, oh well, what can I say? Still, IMO, the best granular VST out there.
For someone who is MIA, he's surprisngly easy to track down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjri_jPLyU8

FWIW I agree with you, it's one thing to get ill -- but he seems well enough to (at the very least) take the site down and stop selling a piece of unsupported software.

Tom (Dev of The Mangle) is a screw up -- he had one of the best granular software out there (still to this day in many regards) and blew it bigtime with his lack of pretty much everything following the release.

Had he stuck it out, supported it even somewhat, answered emails on occasion, and not pissed off the people who supported him (or hell just updated the page stating he's not supporting it)... he would have at least garnered a bit of respect and be one of the bigger players in the granular world, and likely the bank account to show for it.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:23 pm Tom (Dev of The Mangle) is a screw up -- he had one of the best granular software out there (still to this day in many regards) and blew it bigtime with his lack of pretty much everything following the release.

Had he stuck it out, supported it even somewhat, answered emails on occasion, and not pissed off the people who supported him (or hell just updated the page stating he's not supporting it)... he would have at least garnered a bit of respect and be one of the bigger players in the granular world, and likely the bank account to show for it.
TLDR - He's an idiot.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:32 pm
Psuper wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:23 pm Tom (Dev of The Mangle) is a screw up -- he had one of the best granular software out there (still to this day in many regards) and blew it bigtime with his lack of pretty much everything following the release.

TLDR - He's an idiot.
He's no idiot, but he most definitely screwed up.
Have you tried Vital?

Well. As per the video above he’s still out there doing audio programming and such

Return to “Instruments”