Audiority Big Goat, Blue Face and Distortion 1 - Vintage Fuzz and Distortions - New updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Big Goat Blue Face Distortion 1

They sound better not that IK is unusable

NEW: 8 different pedal circuits
DS-1 mods are great if you're not a burrito, but what about Big Goat? Civil War, Green Russian, Triangle, Pi, Op-Amp circuits ? Can do, Luca?

I remember you mentioned getting red Fuzz Face, so germanium mod for Blue Face is due, I believe.

Yap. The current Pedalboard bundle will become a new thing in 2020. Currently I'll update Blue Face and Big Goat with our new framework and Catalina compatibility, but it'll take some time to get the mods done for them.

Cheers,
Luca

Big Goat and Blue Face updated to v1.1
- NEW: HD GUI
- NEW: Noise Gate
- NEW: HQ Mode
- NEW: Notifications System
- NEW: VST3 plugin format
- NEW: Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina support
- CHANGE: 64bit only

To update download and install the demo version from the product pages or from your User Area account.

Cheers,
Luca

Nice, thanks!

I also like the new HQ GUI, it's even more realistic now, more rusty and with better contrast.

Audiority wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:57 am Big Goat and Blue Face updated to v1.1
- NEW: HD GUI
- NEW: Noise Gate
- NEW: HQ Mode
- NEW: Notifications System
- NEW: VST3 plugin format
- NEW: Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina support
- CHANGE: 64bit only

To update download and install the demo version from the product pages or from your User Area account.

Cheers,
Luca
Big fan of the Big Goat. Can I keep both the old and new versions in the same DAW, just in case.

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:13 am Big fan of the Big Goat. Can I keep both the old and new versions in the same DAW, just in case.
Unfortunately not. This is an update, so the former version will be replaced.

Cheers,
Luca

What is the difference in say the Blue face placed after amp and cab and Heavy Pedal placed after. I know Germanium vs Silicon is supposedly a No No. Why is Heavy or others drastically different in sound?

well, usually the purpose of a pedal is to be placed BEFORE the amplifier for tonal shaping and, for some of them, to boost the signal in front of the amp. An amp (even an amp sim) acts differently from a distortion pedal: the amount of internal amplification, the inter-stage filtering and so on.

I figured there was good filter reason. Sometimes I use my FX after hardware as well. Depends. Some work well others do not. In a Simplifier pedal setup I use other distortions meant for mastering after the fact along w delays and reverbs

you really are the best, Luca!

please one of modulation pedals of your choice next.

Thanks Luca! Do we have to download the License File again for v1.1?

Nope. The license file is still valid for this update.

Luca

Hello, what's the recommended audio input level for those VST effect pedals ?

My amp sims require -18 dBFS but those seem to need a higher level to sound like the real deal.

Return to “Effects”