Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ceej wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:05 am It's a shame the poll which primarily demonstrated this got overrun by trolls and deleted, but it was showing better than 3.5-to-1 support.
It didn't get "overrun by trolls". The OP just had a hissyfit and ragequit, which has done absolutely no good for the change you want to achieve.

Ceej wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:05 am trolls
Yawn.

Have a good life and enjoy your bubble.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Gamma-UT wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:04 am
Ceej wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:05 am It's a shame the poll which primarily demonstrated this got overrun by trolls and deleted, but it was showing better than 3.5-to-1 support.
It didn't get "overrun by trolls". The OP just had a hissyfit and ragequit, which has done absolutely no good for the change you want to achieve.
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah a hissyfit and ragequit :D

I'm gonna put up with 2 weeks of that stench to remove presets from the no chat thread. Please :lol: Have your preset announcements and get lost.

I voted don't care. I still don't: it makes no difference to me whether it's one thread or two.

If you'd had some patience and got some backup from the mods in doing so you'd probably have got what you wanted in all likelihood. I honestly don't understand why someone gets something like a 3:1 vote in their favour and then throws their dolly out of the pram.

I don’t know, I’ve kind of missed unsufferable c**nty behaviour from random strangers since lockdown started. It’s made me all nostalgic.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Gamma-UT wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:16 pm I voted don't care. I still don't: it makes no difference to me whether it's one thread or two.

If you'd had some patience and got some backup from the mods in doing so you'd probably have got what you wanted in all likelihood. I honestly don't understand why someone gets something like a 3:1 vote in their favour and then throws their dolly out of the pram.
Because for me, the outcome is not worth dealing for another 12 days with some of the people that showed up in the 2 days the poll ran. Thought I'd do some effort to get everyone's voice heard fairly. I voted yes, but for me what was important was to get this done once and for all and as fairly as possible, to not have it come up again. I'd be perfectly happy with a community "no". I'm not pushing any agenda because I'm not buying presets (even less from spammers) and I've foed them all anyway, but if people recurrently request a change to the community, I'm for having the community heard.

Once the vultures sweeped in, I'm out. I cared, but not nearly enough to put up with that BS. But hey, take over and put the effort in yourself. There's some lovely people who'd like to circle in on your throat :lol:

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:21 pm I don’t know, I’ve kind of missed unsufferable c**nty behaviour from random strangers since lockdown started. It’s made me all nostalgic.
I didn't miss opportunistic after-party sadist princesses, but hey got them anyway :hihi:

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:21 pm I don’t know, I’ve kind of missed unsufferable c**nty behaviour from random strangers since lockdown started. It’s made me all nostalgic.
Is it cunty or c**tish?

EDIT: aha, only one triggers the foul-language adjudicator.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:37 pm
Is it cunty or c**tish?
It's c**nty; he found the mirror in the basement :lol:

Did anyone find out if an RX Elements 7 license that's not been activated yet magically converts into an Elements 8 license?

revvy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:42 pm Did anyone find out if an RX Elements 7 license that's not been activated yet magically converts into an Elements 8 license?
If it was a freebie I'd say no, though izotope freebie serials are not different to retail ones from what I've seen. Like the current trash2 PB freebie looks like a regular retail one, with no mention of NFR on the serial. Definitely worth registering it and reaching out to support for grace period. izotope support is friendly and competent, and may grant the update for free.

quietzone wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:47 pm
revvy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:42 pm Did anyone find out if an RX Elements 7 license that's not been activated yet magically converts into an Elements 8 license?
If it was a freebie I'd say no, though izotope freebie serials are not different to retail ones from what I've seen. Like the current trash2 PB freebie looks like a regular retail one, with no mention of NFR on the serial. Definitely worth registering it and reaching out to support for grace period. izotope support is friendly and competent, and may grant the update for free.
Cheers.

Yea, it was the freebie. Thing is I don't need it, I've got Advanced, was just wondering whether it's worth giving it away.

revvy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:49 pm
quietzone wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Cheers.

Yea, it was the freebie. Thing is I don't need it, I've got Advanced, was just wondering whether it's worth giving it away.
For sure, probably the most useful of the Element series. Still at version 7 it'd be one hell of a plugin to get for free for someone starting out. And it can most likely be used as an upgrade path down the road, since it most likely counts as a paid retail license when it comes to upgrades.

Back to the NI discussion. I bought from Thomann on 9/10 afternoon (PST), live in California, and received the drive on 9/14 late morning. No hold ups. They used UPS 2 day. It costs about $25 to ship, but then, I'm getting this 9 months earlier than I would have otherwise. No stop in Customs that I know of.

I haven't heard anything from NI about the free upgrade to 13. Some say they got an email. But I just registered yesterday. I did hear if you don't register by 10/1, you won't get it without showing proof of purchase in September.

dzilizzi wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:10 pm Back to the NI discussion. I bought from Thomann on 9/10 afternoon (PST), live in California, and received the drive on 9/14 late morning. No hold ups. They used UPS 2 day. It costs about $25 to ship, but then, I'm getting this 9 months earlier than I would have otherwise. No stop in Customs that I know of.

I haven't heard anything from NI about the free upgrade to 13. Some say they got an email. But I just registered yesterday. I did hear if you don't register by 10/1, you won't get it without showing proof of purchase in September.
Registered mine on the 5th or so and NI support confirmed after I registered 12 the grace period update to 13. They didn't say how it would work, but I also got no email confirmation other than the support response. They said I'd get a free upgrade to 13 once it's released on the 1st, but didn't say if I'd get it on the 1st exactly.

Having registered it yesterday you're good. Maybe shoot them a quick email for the extra confirmation? Mine was a one-liner asking about the existance of a grace period (this was before your post) and they confirmed within a few hours.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”