One Synth Challenge #138: Surge (MrKarolus Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@hsje as I noted above, I just had to separate my 4's into Lower IV and Upper IV (like we had in school!!). Sadly, the lower's ended up in the 3 bin! But only because I needed to filter out my 4's which weren't 5!

dB

Voting is difficult indeed... I only voted 3s, 4s and 5s... this time around I decided to weigh in my personal taste a bit stronger, so only the tracks that I really enjoy and like to listen to again are 5s this time, even if some of the 4s or maybe even 3s are arranged, mixed and mastered better.

Sometimes there are tracks that have impressive sounddesign, complex arrangements, great mixing and mastering but I just don't enjoy them to the point it's hard for me to listen through.. so those are 3s this time... which might be unfair since I might just not be able to appreciate the genre, but after all it's art and is very subjective.

I don't think I voted unfairly though, and my 5s are probably 5s for many of you, just weighed in my personal taste a bit more this time. I could get into detail on each track why it ended up where it ended up, but yeah... it's difficult to vote.
Last edited by MaZe 6000 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voted!

Actually i´m not really happy with my voting - like it was mentioned before, there is little to no difference in quality between my 3s, 4s and 5s... There are a lot of great tracks this month, really nice work everyone :)
"We should not kill the earth, we wouldn´t know where to bury it!" - Michel Granger

So I'm done with voting, but since all tracks sound very great or at least good, for me, I could only vote for what I liked, my cups of tea and coffee. This is the month of the masterpieces.

I'm about half way through everyone's entries, but I just don't think I'm going to make it in time. I will listen to everyone's track but I just started a new job and am exhausted all the time. Plus I don't want to rush through and not really listen. So far, really impressive. :clap:

voted!

Voterd! Just a note: used an awful voting strategy this time because I felt there was one track that deserves to win and last time this happened, I voted other tracks too high where I could have been the deciding factor, so I eliminated the chance that my votes will cause this track not to win. I'm probably not alone on this one, this month. There were very many good entries, though! So if you received a low score from me (you did) it's not because I didn't like your track (in fact I liked every one!), it's because I am trying to help the one true winner...

As usual for me recently, my voting was rushed, biased, unbalanced, and based heavily on first impressions. That said, it's done and I guess that counts for something.
I plan on listening to the tracks in greater detail later, and hopefully I'll leave some comments then.
Really enjoyed the music, just got caught up in my little world and didn't dedicate enough time to voting.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Voted!
Really impressive round, enjoyed listening to all your entries! Good luck everyone!

voted

@z.prime ... you do know you have to vote your own track 1 and it cannot be the only 5 in your votes??? :D

dB

doctorbob wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 pm @z.prime ... you do know you have to vote your own track 1 and it cannot be the only 5 in your votes??? :D

dB
:D :D :D for real? :D :D :D

Final Results: MrKarolus - Sinjar is the Winner!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1. MrKarolus - Sinjar - 146
2. MorphedDreams - Lucid Cage - 144
3. z.prime - Expectations - 141
4. exponent1 - Resurgence - 135
5. photonic - One Hour Till Lunch - 134

6. doctorbob - A Surge Of Ambience - 134pts
7. wireframewolves - Resurge - 133pts
8. functionform - Confusion - 132pts
9. simanus - Brave Machine - 131pts
10. Shifrin - Gameshow - 126pts
11. Impedance Music - Boss Fight - 125pts
12. RichardSemper - One Surge - 124pts
13. ELEX - ChiarOSCuro 2 - Life - 123pts
14. bh9090 - time forgotten - 122pts
15. MaZe 6000 - The Calm During The Storm - 122pts
16. Tj Shredder - Primetone Surgery - 121pts
17. Fyrebreak - Sky - 121pts
18. Leonard Bowman - Rare Earth - 120pts
19. MyLoFy - Relentless Search - 120pts
20. nineofkings - Blowback - 116pts
21. PeterH - The Orange One - 115pts
dq. twomonths - Moon Reservoir - 112pts
22. manthosdm - lines in lines - 112pts
23. MalToné - Gemina 1138: Romancing The Clone - 112pts
24. Oberlai - The Last Enchanter - 111pts
25. Darksynth FX - Calling Home - 111pts
26. baalisoda - Ecstasy - 109pts
dq. Aro - In The Shadows Of The Lighthouse - 107pts
27. ElVincente - Silly me - 106pts
28. vov4ik - Into The Distance By Dawn - 106pts
29. liqih - Rhumbatronika Dub (non sei piú tu) - 105pts
30. h.s.j.e. - Gumshoe Nocturne - 103pts
31. Juergen - Sleepless In Germany - 100pts
32. chaosinism - A Forking Garden - 100pts
33. GeneralQ - Surgery - 99pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize in a reply here on this thread. Next place winners, follow up, one after the other. You may choose to skip. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

:phones: :phones: :clap: :clap:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Congratulations to the winners! If I did not get to comment on your track, know that I listened to and appreciate what you do...
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

Congrats, oh exalted ones !!! :hail: Well done. :clap: :clap: :clap: Well done, everyone, for that matter. :clap:

Was actually quite surprised by this vote, some people got seriously shortchanged IMO. :( :? Not me though, quite happy with lucky thirteenth. :wink: :)

For h.s.j.e . ( or anyone else who might be interested, of course ) here's some patches:
ELEX_Surge_leads.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”