One Synth Challenge #138: Surge (MrKarolus Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
bermudagold
KVRist
378 posts since 15 Feb, 2005

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:02 pm

My TOP 5...no order
- zprime ...think this was prolly my favorite...the only one in the top 5 that I would have put in my top 5 other than maybe exponent...but I usually like his...sense of melody and song construction often resonate with me...check out his entry from the waverazor contest.
- baalisoda
- functionform
- nineofkings
- bh9090

- sigmagt...just outside top 5
- wireframe wolves...surprised this wasn't higher...thought kvr crowd would have been all into this one
- elvicente...think this deserved higher
- richard semper...seems too low, especially if that was created from one instance
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

exponent1
KVRist
388 posts since 10 Nov, 2018 from India

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:38 pm

Congrats to Mr Karolus and everyone who participated and placed well. Everyone is a winner this round for making such great tracks with Surge :clap:

I'm really surprised with the results though. I can't believe wireframewolves didn't win this round, let alone not make top 5. Making a track like that with one instance is an achievement I can only dream of at the moment. You're the true winner for this round in my eyes wireframewolves! Mad respect for you :hail:

I pass on my prize, whenever it's my turn.

z.prime
KVRAF
1872 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 pm

ELEX wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm
... Was actually quite surprised by this vote ...
Yep! No disrespect to anyone but I also thought for sure wireframewolves would have taken this one! But even with my rather jerkish voting, we can see it didn't really change a thing! I guess, I'll be sure to vote more normally in the future since it's like voting for Trump, you never know what the heck is going to happen... I do really wonder, though. I wonder how many people voted based on technical aspects like sound design vs. genre preference... seems to me like things might be slanted poorly in the latter direction. But, that's allowed, which is why I won't apologize for my abnormal votes this round. :roll:
Anyway, really impressive one*-instance track, sir! You'll be right up there with Guenon in my book for all eternity! and Richard, yours was a close second -- really like how you got the sensel set up for that one and what you did with it!
That said, the quality of tracks was phenomenal! Congrats to those who won and all those who participated! there were so many good things to grace my earholes! thanks for it. and thanks for those who had some kind words for me, very appreciated! 8)

(* with the 2 scenes, maybe not quite the "single instance" spirit?)

functionform
KVRian
546 posts since 13 May, 2017 from Virginia

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:52 pm

Congrats to the winners! I also somehow only voted 3 4 5 for this round - so many incredible entries. I was also shocked wireframewolves didn't breach top 3. I found so much power in his track composition wise in addition to his the technical ability to make it with one instance. I'll just quickly highlight one of his tracks he recently released https://soundcloud.com/wireframewolves/idiomatic - just another inspiring sound design and listening experience.

Beyond the top 5 (all incredible tracks) so many great tracks this round congrats to all. See you in Fury!

doctorbob
KVRAF
1512 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:35 am

Congrats to the top 5, all well done and predicted by me!!!

Glad to be rated alongside Photonic! But, 6th place is quite an improvement for me ...

dB

MrKarolus
KVRist
51 posts since 26 Apr, 2017 from Lithuania

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:45 am

Thank you all! :hail: I choose Sonimus SonEQ Pro as a prize.

MorphedDreams
KVRist
54 posts since 29 Apr, 2019 from Zagreb, Croatia

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:59 am

Thank you all and congrats to all in top 5, great tracks all of you, I'm glad MrKarolus won, he was my favorite, I choose Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin) as prize.

Shifrin
KVRian
1204 posts since 12 Nov, 2002 from Newcastle, UK

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:34 am

Well done to the top 5 :D !!! And commiserations to Wireframe Wolves, definitely my favourite track of this round :tu:
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

z.prime
KVRAF
1872 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:16 am

Oh, well it seems I can and will take cold hard cash! Booya! :violin:

Cheers!

photonic
KVRian
576 posts since 5 Mar, 2011 from Austria

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:12 am

First my congrats to MrKarolus :tu:
This was one of my 5 pointer this month too. Well deserved win!

And also very well done MorphedDreams, z.prime and exponent1. No surprise, that you are in top positions!
I am more than happy to reached the 5th place in this strong month. And if I could, I would change position with our Doc on 6th place (but same points as me), who did such a relaxed nice track!

And no prize for me, thanx!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

MaZe 6000
KVRer
23 posts since 25 Dec, 2016

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:10 pm

I'm glad to have participated in this very nice round of OSC!
Congratulations to the winners, and really to everyone!
Many great tracks, well deserved wins.

My favourite track this month was "functionform - Confusion," I really enjoyed that one and listened a couple of times.

Maybe I will be back when Surge comes up again :) I read it's getting really good filters for the next release, so if it will be back again it's probably going to be even more epic.

doctorbob
KVRAF
1512 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:14 pm

Thanks @Photonic, glad you enjoyed my track as much as I enjoyed yours!

dB

MrKarolus
KVRist
51 posts since 26 Apr, 2017 from Lithuania

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:19 pm

@bjporter @z.prime Lol, i missed that there is a special prize :dog: Can I still change my selection or is it too late? :D

RuediRena
KVRian
510 posts since 23 Mar, 2011 from Schwerte, Germany

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:02 am

Came by out of curiosity to listen to some OneSynth music and to see who won last month.

Congrats to the winners!

BUT!

Guys, how could so many of you not give 5 points to that monster of a OneInstance track by wireframewolves? Really? Come on ... PLEASE ... :x

Wireframewolves is god!

wireframewolves
KVRer
19 posts since 14 May, 2020

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:15 am

wow you guys are too kind!! there were a lot of great tracks this round :) congrats all

Return to “Instruments”