Waveform 11.1.17 Public Beta (Experimental engine fixes)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, just a quick not that Waveform 11.1.17 is now available as public beta which addresses some of the issues flagged with the new engine in 11.1.16.

Code: Select all

- Presets:          Fixed an issue where some presets could be duplicated on disk
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed a problem where the engine wouldn't stop if "Run audio engine when stopped" was disabled
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed a problem where frozen tracks couldn't be rendered[code]

Quick question: Is there a way to rename audio files from within Waveform (without using the export or render function)? I'd like to be able to rename clips in an edit and have the name reflected both in the filename and in the edit itself. Rendering a clip changes its filename, but then the clip becomes "rendered clip". The export function is also time consuming for batch renaming.

Related FR for Rendered tracks. It'd be preferable if rendered tracks kept the color and name of the track they were rendered from. I have a solid template with lots of colors and symbols, but it's broken up by a ton of grey "Rendered Track 59"s as I render tracks to audio.

spoontechnique wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:52 pm Quick question: Is there a way to rename audio files from within Waveform (without using the export or render function)?
There's an option General Behaviour to rename the source file when the clip is renamed. Be careful with it though if you have split the clip up into multiple smaller clips as the file will be named to the last one that you renamed.
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

Hey! I see Linux VST3 in 11.1.x beta. And no news about that.

Unfortunately JUCE6 has something broken with old VSTs at this moment. For example all u-he plugins and xhip doesn't draw UI at all.

Thanks for the tip, fromwithin.

Might not be the right place to ask.
FR: would it be possible to add a level meter strip to the audio clip panel? preferably just above the Gain control slider. Cheers
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

bug report: latest version (11.1.16 and 11.1.17) are not running the SOUL patches again. They just display a forever loading circle...

JamminFool wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 am bug report: latest version (11.1.16 and 11.1.17) are not running the SOUL patches again. They just display a forever loading circle...
Can you give me a bit more info about that: i.e.
- which patch you were trying?
- do any patches work?
- which OS are you on?

I'm about to do a big update for SOUL on Waveform anyway to add a bunch of new features, so I can check this out at the same time, but would be useful to know what to test.

Just for mention that SOUL still not work in Linux. Though the library is loaded and its possible to add patch's path (from examples), the scanning gives nothing.

jules wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:27 am
JamminFool wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 am bug report: latest version (11.1.16 and 11.1.17) are not running the SOUL patches again. They just display a forever loading circle...
Can you give me a bit more info about that: i.e.
- which patch you were trying?
- do any patches work?
- which OS are you on?

I'm about to do a big update for SOUL on Waveform anyway to add a bunch of new features, so I can check this out at the same time, but would be useful to know what to test.
Hi Jules,
I tried it on a selection of patches. I had already installed all of the patches from the playground website and been using them successfully in previous versions of Waveform. When I updated to Waveform 11.1.16 Beta, I noticed that the release notes mentioned an earlier version of the betas (11.1.14 or 11.1.15 ???) had been updated with SOUL 0.9.49. So I tried loading the same patches I had been using successfully in the last official release of Waveform, and none of them seemed to work (i admit a did not try ALL of them, but I tried several and they all went into a infinite load.)

Then I went to GitHub and downloaded all the latest stuff and used "soul create MonoSynth --synth --output MonoSynth" to build the MonoSynth as shown in your video. These files were correctly written. But when I used "soul play MonoSynth\Monosynth.soulpatch", it showed the exact behavior as Waveform did... an infinite loop with rotating circle to indicate loading.

The soul tool version from the GitHub which I am using is the same version shown as included in the Waveform beta I am using (0.9.49).

I then tried playing several of the examples from the Github download and they showed the same problem. I tried these patches in both Waveform beta 11.1.16 and the SOUL tool 0.9.49 from the CMD window.

Example patches which I know failed were SOUL-909, PadSynth, SineSynth, Delay and ElecBass1, but I'm pretty sure that none of them work.
I am using Windows 10.

OK, ta for the info. If all the patches were failing then I guess there was some sort of build problem in that version. I'm working on this today so will double-check with a few patches, and the next release should be better!

jules, thanks. i look forward to a fix and wish you much success with SOUL.

Unfortunately, the same issue with the Insert persists. Nothing works in terms of playback so long as the insert is active. If I disable it, it all works. No issues with the insert in the release version of Waveform.

I'll roll back to the release version again.

jules wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:26 am OK, ta for the info. If all the patches were failing then I guess there was some sort of build problem in that version. I'm working on this today so will double-check with a few patches, and the next release should be better!
Hi Jules,
I just tried the latest drop of the soul tool (0.9.55) and all is fixed! Thank you. Looking forward to the next drop of Waveform including this now. Great stuff! :tu:

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:46 am Unfortunately, the same issue with the Insert persists. Nothing works in terms of playback so long as the insert is active. If I disable it, it all works. No issues with the insert in the release version of Waveform.

I'll roll back to the release version again.
I'm really struggling to replicate these insert issues. I've got a new version coming hopefully today or tomorrow but I've not specifically changed anything in the Inserts.

For info though, you should be able to use the old engine by simply disabling the "Enable experimental engine" option on the "General Behaviour" settings tab. Does that at least give you the same behaviour as the release version?

Return to “Tracktion”