Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

Some more tweakability in the oscs would be nice skew/morph shape, anything available in other any oscs etc.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

so it wasn't a new synth after all, it was just a v2

bit of a let down I imagine....

AnX wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:12 pm so it wasn't a new synth after all, it was just a v2

Same name, same concept but completely rebuilt from scratch to have better everything.

Zero let down ;)

currently the GUI is very slow to load, and also freezes the GUI of Cubase until it loads.
If it could not do that i'd be very happy.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:09 pm Hey Peeps,

we are still working on some ANA 2 stuff.. although no Beta is iminent.

Re Undo/Redo... Its really a rather tricky thing to implement as it would touch every bit of the code so i honestly don't think it will be in the next update.

Would be cool if you guys listed your top 3 most requested features and i will see what we can add!
Since i cannot mention undo/redo........

1. Mod sources: Random, Alternate and Fixed. Actually x3 of Random, since ANA2 has 3 g-envs, 3lfos
2. Enhanced modulation settings: bypass slot or mod destination for A/B listening, modulate one matrix slot from within another.
3. Enhanced LFOs: allow poly mode.

AnX wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:12 pm so it wasn't a new synth after all, it was just a v2

Did you ever see the first synth? It is nothing like the new one.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:29 am Did you ever see the first synth? It is nothing like the new one.
To be honest I found the first version of ANA to be one of the most grating and painful sounding synths I've ever tried and was expecting ANA 2 to be more of the same but when I tried the demo I was pleasantly surprised so ended up buying it.

ANA 2 has a bit more aggressive core sound than some of the other synths I own so it has found a place in my toolbox. I'm looking forward to whatever the future brings. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:56 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:35 pm Can we have granular oscillator instead of the sample ones please?
Granular yes but don't remove the sample oscs. You'll break a ton of presets and remove a current feature.

Destructive updates are never a good idea.
But if it's default to the player mode, then I don't think it will break past presets.

To be honest, I'm not using the sampler mode. So, it's a wasted space for me, but if there is a granular mode for those 3 oscillators, ANA 2 (or 2.5) would be a monster synth with very complex sounds especially for drones.

1. Is a sort of bug fix request: I never seem to be able to click on that tiny triangle that opens the presets list (not the big browser, the ”small” one with the list of packs). I’m on windows, 150% gui HiDPI. I mean, I click on it but nothing happens. Maybe you can define a larger area for that tiny triangle or something.
Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:09 pm Hey Peeps,

we are still working on some ANA 2 stuff.. although no Beta is iminent.

Re Undo/Redo... Its really a rather tricky thing to implement as it would touch every bit of the code so i honestly don't think it will be in the next update.

Would be cool if you guys listed your top 3 most requested features and i will see what we can add!

2 features requests: Mpe, poly lfo.
Best
YY

EnGee wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:46 am But if it's default to the player mode, then I don't think it will break past presets.

To be honest, I'm not using the sampler mode. So, it's a wasted space for me, but if there is a granular mode for those 3 oscillators, ANA 2 (or 2.5) would be a monster synth with very complex sounds especially for drones.
You may not use the sampler mode but others do including myself. I'm all for adding Granular but not at the expense of the sample Oscs. From what I've read here they are working on multi-sample import which would indicate they don't plan on removing the sample Oscs.

Basically what you're asking is for them to take something away from others to give something to you. That's rather selfish don't you think ?

Like I said destructive updates are never a good idea.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:01 pm
EnGee wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:46 am But if it's default to the player mode, then I don't think it will break past presets.

You may not use the sampler mode but others do including myself. I'm all for adding Granular but not at the expense of the sample Oscs. From what I've read here they are working on multi-sample import which would indicate they don't plan on removing the sample Oscs.

Basically what you're asking is for them to take something away from others to give something to you. That's rather selfish don't you think ?

Like I said destructive updates are never a good idea.
I don't really understand what you're saying. How would adding granular to the sample oscs take something away? I don't think the sample oscs are useful as is for single samples. There should either be a stretch mode or granular so that you can avoid the speed changing on repitching. But that wouldn't be something new, it would be additional functionality on the existing 3 sample oscs.

I think this would be more useful than multi-sampling. That gets into a whole to a whole other world of complexity - do you allow keyzones and looping per sample, then people want round robin etc. Multi-sampling goes on forever. It's a synth, single samples are much easier to deal with, but it needs more than basic playback.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:28 pm I don't really understand what you're saying.
No apparently you don't. I'm responding to this:
EnGee wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:35 pm Can we have granular oscillator instead of the sample ones please?
Like I've said already I'm all for adding Granular but not instead of the Sample Oscs.

From what I've read here they are working on multi-sample import. Wasn't my idea but it would be welcome here as well as Granular.

That's all I'm saying, add what you want but don't take away current features that you may not use but others do...... :wink:

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:45 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:28 pm I don't really understand what you're saying.
No apparently you don't. I'm responding to this:
Like I've said already I'm all for adding Granular but not instead of the Sample Oscs.

From what I've read here they are working on multi-sample import. Wasn't my idea but it would be welcome here as well as Granular.

That's all I'm saying, add what you want but don't take away current features that you may not use but others do...... :wink:
Oh, I missed that as it wasn't in the part you quoted. But yeah I don't think any developer would remove entire oscillators. That's not a reasonable suggestion, but it sounds like it was changed above to be a request for an additional mode, so I'm sure we're all on the same page. :)

Oh ok then! I understand now what this synth is heading to. Not really for me :)

Return to “Instruments”