Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know if license from best service will become NFR or NO after being transferred?

Does anyone know how long SWAM usually takes for license transfers?

Future Audio Workshop does allow license transfers.

They charge a $5 processing fee and it takes a few days.

Contacted Crave dsp to know the transfer policy. Keith has responded very fast, and seems to be a nice guy. Customers who bought their license directly from Crave dsp website can transfer their license for free. Second hand licenses incur a transfer fee of 20%. Just must send him the name and email of the buyer.

Does anyone know if Devious Machines allow licence transfers?

Edit: Yes, Devious Machines allow licence transfers. It is currently free and involves filling a form and waiting a couple of days.
Last edited by paulo72 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

escalona wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:44 pm
HcDoom wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:46 pm Does Blackrooster allow license transfer?
They don't as of now (and for a long time) but there is a thread in KVR where one of the developers stated that they're working on a licensing system, so their business practice it is actually in accordance with European regulations.
This was some time ago... nothing has been communicated as to whether there is a date in mind for this to happen... I love BRA plugins and I own most of them and they're usually within my top choices when working, and since finding out about their practices, I'm not buying any more until things change.
Have they ever worked on this license transfer thing?

If someone upgrades izotope product like to MPS3 to MPS4 can they sell their old MPS3? Or would they have to outright buy MPS4 so the old ones not attached to the upgrade path.... This stuff gets so annoying. Izotope by far makes it the hardest to figure out imo. Lol

Toontrack question: does anyone have experience selling Toontrack software that was purchased second hand? Are there any limitations? (for example, time needed before being able to resell, etc.)
I purchased a bundle and would like to sell the 2 items from it that I already had.
Reimagedmusic wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:31 pm If someone upgrades izotope product like to MPS3 to MPS4 can they sell their old MPS3? Or would they have to outright buy MPS4 so the old ones not attached to the upgrade path.... This stuff gets so annoying. Izotope by far makes it the hardest to figure out imo. Lol
I looked into this myself - as I understand, your upgrade/crossgrade license is still tied to the one you used to get it, and in case the software is considered an update you're in effect only owning the updated version, so that's the one you'd have to transfer.

NFR= Not For Resale...

I had to google it.

Anyone know how an Izotope license transfer works if I have it on an ilok? Does the new user have to have an ilok or can they authorize it from the Product Portal? I emailed Izotope a week ago and haven't heard anything back. Appreciate any help.

lates

t-willy

Cherry Audio:
Yes, we can transfer an order of the DCO 106 to another user. We don't charge for the first transfer - but if you make multiple transfer requests, we charge $10 for future transfers.
Guess it applies for all Cherry Audio products in general.

Got this checked with Caelum Audio today:
We don’t allow license transfer for our plugins at this time.

So if I want to sell Kontakt, but its attached to Komplete 12, and I dont want to sell Reaktor, how would I go about this?

eaReckon allows license transfers. No fee and the transferred item doesn't become NFR.

Procedure: the seller contacts the dev with the buyer's details, the dev removes the product from the seller account and blacklists his serial number; then he generates a new serial for the buyer and he also adds it to his account. This whole process can take up to 2 days (but in my case the transfer was made the same day).

Anyone have information of how to sell a Cableguys license? I can't find any info on it but people are selling their software in the forum.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”