Glad Andy is well so far, hope he can be with us again when his health allows it, all the best from us all

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Realized today that the groupbuy thread is gone. And another month without any news from Andy, I a deeply worried :-(. So if anyone has any news about him.....
Last edited by tatanka on Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

tatanka wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:04 am Realized today that the groupbuy thread is gone. And another month without any news from Andy, I a deeply worried :-(. So if anyone has any news about him.....
:( Yeah..have to agree with you, tatanka..sincerely hope Andy is OK.
Ambient Mechanics

I heard from him a month ago or so and at that time, his health had improved and he was doing well physically but was having all kinds of trouble with his server and issues about updating it. Sounded at that time like he was weeks away from starting the website again. My best guess is that maybe there is just too much to contend with at this time with all those issues and his recent heart problems and just the state of the world in general, but just my personal guess. I also guess he'll be back before too much longer. I wrote him through the contact e-mail from his website.

killmaster wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:47 pm I heard from him a month ago or so and at that time, his health had improved and he was doing well physically but was having all kinds of trouble with his server and issues about updating it. Sounded at that time like he was weeks away from starting the website again. My best guess is that maybe there is just too much to contend with at this time with all those issues and his recent heart problems and just the state of the world in general, but just my personal guess. I also guess he'll be back before too much longer. I wrote him through the contact e-mail from his website.
Thanks for that, killmaster..much appreciated. :wink:

The silence is the worst part, as you have no idea if he's ill or just swamped. Hope he gets back in touch soon and that all is well..well, as well as can be, given the issues you mentioned.
Ambient Mechanics

I noticed that my MS App Launcher icon was updated and that the website is no longer raising security flags for me so, maybe, that's where the effort has been going. Still, it seems likely that he would touch base here in any event. Thoughts and prayers.

Paj
8^)

I hope he's doing well. Stay safe y'all!
Putting out fires with gasoline.
http://www.rojoynegro.org

when visiting hgsounds.com I get this (unsafe) notice:
but
Virus Total says it is OK!
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/53c8 ... /detection

Your connection is not fully secure
This site uses an outdated security configuration, which may expose your information (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards) when it is sent to this site.
NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSION
The connection used to load this site used TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1, which are deprecated and will be disabled in the future. Once disabled, users will be prevented from loading this site. The server should enable TLS 1.2 or later.

Proceed to www.hgsounds.com (unsafe)

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:19 am when visiting hgsounds.com I get this (unsafe) notice:
but
Virus Total says it is OK!
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/53c8 ... /detection

Your connection is not fully secure
This site uses an outdated security configuration, which may expose your information (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards) when it is sent to this site.
NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSION
The connection used to load this site used TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1, which are deprecated and will be disabled in the future. Once disabled, users will be prevented from loading this site. The server should enable TLS 1.2 or later.

Proceed to www.hgsounds.com (unsafe)

I'm no expert, but I think that's a server-side issue that his server host need to address..there's nothing actually wrong with his site..just the way the server has been configured and how it handles data exchange with other servers.

I'm sure somebody on here reading this can explain it better than I have, but basically, I'm guessing this is just one of the things Andy has needed to get sorted out in relation to the site.
Ambient Mechanics

^^^
I was eager to see your Ambient Mechanics site and found that you have an unusual landing page.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:05 pm ^^^
I was eager to see your Ambient Mechanics site and found that you have an unusual landing page.
Yeah..it's not showing at the mo..I'm between hosting services and a site overhaul at the mo..there was a blank page showing the domain was "parked" for a while.

It should be back up and running just fine, once I get hosting sorted. :wink:
Ambient Mechanics

Bummer. Hope he's OK.

OK---the elephant in the chat room: Does anybody have an update? Is there anything we can do to help?

Paj
8^?

PajKVR wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:05 pm OK---the elephant in the chat room: Does anybody have an update? Is there anything we can do to help?

Paj
8^?

Apparently no update at the time of typing this..and nobody seems to have a direct line to Andy, so I guess we're all still in the dark at this point. Have to admit I feel things aren't good, given he hasn't dropped in to update us, which is totally out of character with the guy. :(

My thoughts and prayers go out to both him and those close to him.
Ambient Mechanics

I would like to get an update as well but hesitate to write to him again at this point. I hesitate to post his e-mail as I would want to know he would be ok with that. Contact tab on his site seems disabled now.

My best guess is that he is needing to take a break "from it all". With the politics as they are and his major health event and then the huge responsibility of the group buy and associated server stuff may be too much and a good time to reassess the path of his life. 100% guess but seems like the most logical possibility to me given what has been expressed in the past. Having had some time away and then getting right back into the fast lane sounds daunting. I seem to remember that he is in his fifties as well. Again, complete speculation...

Here's to hoping for the best in any case. If he needs to isolate to find a better way, I'm all for it! Every day I log on to KVR and wonder if he's replied.

"If he needs to isolate to find a better way, I'm all for it!"

+1

Paj
8^)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”