morphing oscillators?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think that's the right term for this.

What VSTi's have at least one oscillator that can produce, for example, a "half 'sample X' / half square wave", or "70% supersaw / 30% 'wavetable Y'" ? As in, a waveform that is, in the first case, halfway between the two, not the two combined per se.

Combining different sound sources seems fairly common, and I like that well enough. But is "morphing" (?) all that easy to find among VST (or AU, AUv3, etc.) synths?

"Holy morphing oscillators, Batman!" :o

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :wink:

Are you referring to oscillators with continuously variable wave shapes, such as on the Behringer Neutron hardware synth, where you can smoothly transition from a sine, to a triangle, to a sawtooth, or anything in between? If so, there are VSTs with oscillators like that. One way to do it, is to use a wavetable-based VSTi.
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Yeah seems like any Wavetable oscillator can do that. Unfiltered Audio Lion has oscillator blending functions that I would consider more like morphing two sources. Also IL Harmor can morph between two oscillator shapes that you can draw yourself even.

SugarBytes Factory can morph between all parameter values to another set.
Loom ii does similar but four morphing states are allowed and only a subset of parameters are available.

Fathom has real morphing oscillators, 2ndsense audio Wiggle has 4 snapshots you can morph between.. Synthmaster had somekind of morphing too if I remember correctly.

minimonsta?

discoDSP Vertigo can morph between their two additive 256 oscillator layers.

https://www.discodsp.com/vertigo/

Spire. Most of u-he's synths.

PolyKB III.
For hardware, the Sub Phatty does that also.

The RP Synths.

Esp. Predator has 3 OSC, each with 2 Parts and a dedicated Morph-Function.

And MSoundfactory - regular Oscillator Module a) Shape b) Shape + Custom

Dune 3 or any Wavetable synth really.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Waverazor can slice a cycle into independent segments.

Any FM, Additive, Wavetable synth and some analog like Vacuum Pro (if I remember correctly). So, that about 90% of the synths :hihi: Just use oscilloscope and tweak.

Return to “Instruments”