What synths have the best filters?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dalle wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:50 am In what world is Autechre bland elevator music? :o
The Pi soundtrack is what got me back into electronic music. Sometimes Bones says things that . . . :roll:
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Greenstorm33 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:40 am I don't like most of BT's stuff but I'm a big fan of This Binary Universe. Doubt it would be your thing but I really like it.
I can't stand most of BT's music. But This Binary Universe is the best electronic music album I've ever heard. And one of my favorite albums of all time. I put it up there with Dark Side of the Moon. I just can't believe how good it is. His follow ups had a few things I kind of liked but never anything again like that.

Autechre is ace ,always have and always will be.. they just got better and better since confield
I guess most people are missing the nuances in their music and can't accept anything that is not pre chewed/moulded and deviates from the standard
Some people are into cheap trance and teenage angst industrial music ( with oversized steampunk sunglasses :) , some don't
For me their highlight is untilted ..bloody masterpiece
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Autechre has never been my taste. Strange music. But then, it's completely subjective. I don't really like BOC or Aphex Twin either.

I wouldn't call Autechre "bland eleveator music" though, unless you use a elevator in a really strange part of this world. :lol:

Well, Metallica has songs that have been turned into elevator music.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dalle wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:50 am
Greenstorm33 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:40 am
BONES wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:28 am
_leras wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:50 pmLet me know if those tracks are any good. :wink:
It's lift music, the kind of tracks you'd hear under a lifestyle TV programme's montage of some lame family holiday destination or sad $1000 kitchen renovation. It's so bland, so completely inoffensive that you wouldn't even notice it if it was playing in a shop or a cafe. I hear music like this and wonder why that artist would even bother.
That's more or less been my assessment of Autechre every time I try to listen to them :lol: I don't like most of BT's stuff but I'm a big fan of This Binary Universe. Doubt it would be your thing but I really like it.
In what world is Autechre bland elevator music? :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grpVbTFMVmI
Thats is just random sounds. Very uninspiring and boring. Back then (and now) they used a software that helped them to generate these non-repeatible and non-static stuff. They mentioned it in one of the interviews.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:28 pm Well, Metallica has songs that have been turned into elevator music.
yes, but they will do anything for money :)

Not just random mate , there is a bit more to it and yes we all know they are heavy max users .
I would love to see you do this kind of :party: randomness
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:28 pm Not just random mate , there is a bit more to it and yes we all know they are heavy max users .
i shall assume you dont mean me.
im as random as anything 🦉 see you werent expecting an owl!
and i love æ!

Night Boat to Cairo!

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:33 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:28 pm Not just random mate , there is a bit more to it and yes we all know they are heavy max users .
and i love æ!
ø and å is pretty nice too :ud:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:29 pm
and i love æ!
letterwang!

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:30 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:29 pm
and i love æ!
letterwang!
or.. numberwang :hihi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIxz6BDmTNU
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

If someone had asked me the very same question a few months ago I doubt that I would have the confidence to answer.

Not all filters are created equally, to my ears filters that exhibit pleasing harmonics throughout a sweep are the ones I like.
The more detail the better.

The filters in Dune3 and Spire get my attention due to their detail across a wide range of frequencies but that is just to mention a couple I have tried.
Some Synths have terrible filters but make up for it in post effects, but give me quality oscillators along with very good filters any day.

Return to “Instruments”