Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

Here's my #2: global lock for Arp &/or Cmd

Offer the option to have the arp & cmd globally off or globally on. These two modules are pretty powerful and would be awesome to try different sound presets once I have a nice pattern going. On the other hand with them off, all the presets can be played normally.

Also locking would be cool for Mono/Legato/Slide/Porta time. Once I have them adjusted to my song's bpm & melody pattern, previewing different sounds with them locked could be really useful.

Cheers!

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:09 pm Hey Peeps,

we are still working on some ANA 2 stuff.. although no Beta is iminent.

Re Undo/Redo... Its really a rather tricky thing to implement as it would touch every bit of the code so i honestly don't think it will be in the next update.

Would be cool if you guys listed your top 3 most requested features and i will see what we can add!

My top 3:
1) Change the sampler controls so that adjusting one knob does not change another one. I've gone into depth about this before so won't again here.
2) Add a stretch or granular mode to the sample oscs (so that pitch can change without changing speed of plyaback)
3) GUI improvements - Don't have such small click areas. MAke windows open and close from the same button in the same place. Make a common window size in the middle. That sort of stuff.

Really cool that you are accepting feature requests. Here are my top3:

1. Make pitch bend range up and down editable seperately.
2. Add a proper Explanation on what the big cutoffv2 knob is doing to the manual. I always turn it all the way down because i don't really understand what it's doing. It seems to decrease the minimum threshhold of the cutoff from the filters but in a weird way. The manual just says something like "it controls both filter cutoffs" but that does not really clarify how it behaves in combination with the already existing cutoffs from the individual filters and why this control is useful.
3. There is a bug in mono mode when you stop the playback in reaper while a node glides from one to another. ANA2 keeps playing and won't stop until you switch the mode to poly and back again to mono. I can not always reproduce this but maybe you could find something.

Undo/redo works fine in reaper for me. Just press crtl+z. Which daw doesn't have this ?

How long it takes to have an answer about license transfer?

Anyway, I have send PM to Phil today. I hope he is here these days and answer me, so I can update the entry in the 2nd hand auction.

EnGee wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:45 pm How long it takes to have an answer about license transfer?

Anyway, I have send PM to Phil today. I hope he is here these days and answer me, so I can update the entry in the 2nd hand auction.
I had emailed SA few months ago with license transfer queries and the replies were slow. Here is some information that you may already know or would help a bit:
You can transfer it yes, there is a £10 transfer fee and it becomes Not For Resale following the transfer
If you want to transfer any of your licenses you have to purchase the license transfer fee before it is moved from your account
Link: https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/a ... e-transfer

A couple of forum topics discussing this topic:

https://forums.sonicacademy.com/t/ana-s ... sfer/28539

https://forums.sonicacademy.com/t/want- ... na-2/34946

Thank you "LoveEnigma18" :tu:

Btw, the other day i asked for
1) osc activation/mixing overview, like it’s done in Spire.
On the other hand, to avoid significant changes to the UI, I’d propose just indication of actual osc contribution (shows whether an osc has volume and voices > 0), and small mute and solo buttons for each osc. (in total one indicator and two buttons for each osc, accessible without tabbing)
2) a [X] button in the search field of the preset browser
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

1) an easier/clearer area for all the tab buttons for OSC levels, MOD etc... it's a tad fiddly and unintuitive.

2) microtuning support

3) just more Ana

sqigls wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:29 am 1) an easier/clearer area for all the tab buttons for OSC levels, MOD etc... it's a tad fiddly and unintuitive.
+1

Did learn something today.
I complained a couple of times that I missed an overview of active oscillators and their level.
Turned out the OSC mix tab has always been there :dog:
With all stuff I wanted, including mute and solo per osc :dog:
OMG, I never opened it (though I never learned any synth inside out, I'm more a guitar player. Perhaps that explains)

Ok, I wouldn't refuse a simplistic indication of osc state on the 1-2-3 & 4-5-6 buttons of the main page, but I'm good for now
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

sircuit wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:51 pm Here's my #2: global lock for Arp &/or Cmd

Offer the option to have the arp & cmd globally off or globally on. These two modules are pretty powerful and would be awesome to try different sound presets once I have a nice pattern going. On the other hand with them off, all the presets can be played normally.

Also locking would be cool for Mono/Legato/Slide/Porta time. Once I have them adjusted to my song's bpm & melody pattern, previewing different sounds with them locked could be really useful.

Cheers!

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:09 pm Hey Peeps,

we are still working on some ANA 2 stuff.. although no Beta is iminent.

Re Undo/Redo... Its really a rather tricky thing to implement as it would touch every bit of the code so i honestly don't think it will be in the next update.

Would be cool if you guys listed your top 3 most requested features and i will see what we can add!
You can already lock CMD and ARP.. just click Preset lock on the top right of the ARP.

any news on the beta?
I'm so keen to solve this GUI lag issue.
cheers

BTW! Since my plea regarding osc control got satisfied when I found the mix tab (LOL), now I feel like having bigger and more readable (it's kind of squarish, esp with numbers) font in the mod matrix.
I think the impression of "big spaces with small fonts" is my only gripe with ANA

Return to “Instruments”