Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

GeneralQ wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:36 pmUnison sounds somewhat dirty. (In a way I don't like. (It still sounds better than synthmaster one))
I really like the Unison sound, it's very close to the style I spent years trying to perfect in SynthEdit.
The filters sound "dull" if thats the right word to describe it.
A low-pass filter should sound dull, as it's removing the high frequencies. The filters certainly aren't hugely characterful but they do the job and with built-in Drive and very comprehensive routing options, they offer a massive amount of flexibility/versatility.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:48 am It seems hugely unfair to me that a synth with the narrow appeal of OBsession gets a 66 page thread while a synth like this, with way broader potential than any emulation could hope to manage, is largely ignored. I can't imagine anyone trying this out and not thinking it was worth way more than $60. It must be hugely frustrating for new/small developers.
I didn't know about it, but it's now my main synth, I have a feeling it will be getting more attention.
In the future there will be robots!

Only if we keep talking about how good it is.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I am Currently working on something for OSC. Spend quiet a while with the free version and the demo
I would consider buying it if it had those things:
- Faster envelopes (maybe selectable enveople modes)
- unison control (like the density in spire or shape like in ana2 or a mode selection like in serum) or the ability to spread the width Further

During the current OneSynthChallenge I did already two tracks with Hy-Poly free as the only VSTi. Obviously I have used quite some FX alongside HP. The free version has it's weaknesses but it's a pretty versatile synth. Anyway - take this post as an invitation to take part, join the OSC tribe here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=548540

And here's my two demo tracks:
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/hy-a-gressive
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/osc1 ... nd-concret

Those are some wicked tracks Peter! Well done :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I like them, too.

BONES Wrote:
Why? Don't you have drum machines for drums? I've never understood why anyone would want to waste a whole synth just to make a drum sound. It makes no sense at all to me.
Perhaps you’re not seeing the use from a sound designers point of view. I myself have often use multiple synths to generate one drum or percussion type sound. I also use a lot of Voltage Modular modules to purpose build a percussive sound. But I don’t waste all of this plug-in CPU power to incorporate my efforts into the sequencer’s song. I sample everything and bring it into Battery 4 for final processing and various kit-type collections. Very efficient that way. That make any sense to you?
On a number of Macs

Have you not seen Battery's sample library? You'll never make anything half as good as the best stuff in those things and they'll have a dozen better in any style you care to think of. There are literally thousands of samples to choose from. As for "sound designer", don't get me started on what a crock of shit that job description is. It's about 10% of what anyone working with synthesizers needs to be able to do to a professional standard if they want to be any good at their craft.

Didn’t you just recently argue for creating sounds instead of wading through presets? I totally agree, but then its also true for percussion sounds...!

The samples are just the starting point, like the oscillator in a synth. Even Ujam's Beatmaker Eden and Vice, which is what I've been using lately, allow you to tailor everything to your needs/desire. Battery and Groove Agent go even further but, just as with synths, there is no need to make it any more complicated than it needs to be.

HY-Poly just got an update.

Add: New color schemes
Add: Phase Distortion Oscillator
Add: Knob value display
Add: Exponential button for FX D/W control(only for Delay effects and Reverb)
Fix: When using both units of the arpeggiator, the mod value doesn't output properly
Fix: Last preset name is not recalled correctly when opening your song project
Fix: The arpeggiator doesn't output mod signal correctly, if the triggered step is off.
Change: Improve GUI rendering

The new Phase Distortion Oscillator sounds incredibly good!!! :phones:
Warm and edgy at the same time. Add some modulation and it becomes an organic beast!
I love it! Thanks Tadashi :clap:

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:39 pm
GeneralowIQ wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:36 pmThe filters sound dull
A low-pass filter should sound dull
:dog:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I love the new version and his take on PD is very good! Also happen to think all the new color schemes look good too.
In the future there will be robots!

Very solid update. I just had a quick play with the PD oscillator last night but it seems to have plenty to offer. I was looking for some presets that might show it off but couldn't see any.

Return to “Instruments”