What's up at Plogue?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alter/Ego Bidule chipcrusher chipsounds chipspeech chipsynth MD chipsynth PortaFM sforzando

davidv@plogue wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:26 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:12 am hi david :).
sorry to go off your current track, but...
bidule, the "audio file players" in the screenshots, here at kvr, do they loop? or is there a loop player that will just loop any length, therefore out of sync with the others?
No worries. Both Audio File Looper and "Boboche Looper" (meaning mediocre in Québécois) sync to DAW speed/pos, because they use floating point calculation they are always correct. (to make a parallel with the previous question)
Hi David;

Am I wrong in thinking one used to be able to run multiple independent Sync Transports simultaneously in the plugin (as long as the host is running), same as one can in the standalone ? I thought I was remembering having done it, but now Im not so sure, since I cant replicate it.

Cheers.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:59 pm
davidv@plogue wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:26 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:12 am hi david :).
sorry to go off your current track, but...
bidule, the "audio file players" in the screenshots, here at kvr, do they loop? or is there a loop player that will just loop any length, therefore out of sync with the others?
No worries. Both Audio File Looper and "Boboche Looper" (meaning mediocre in Québécois) sync to DAW speed/pos, because they use floating point calculation they are always correct. (to make a parallel with the previous question)
Hi David;

Am I wrong in thinking one used to be able to run multiple independent Sync Transports simultaneously in the plugin (as long as the host is running), same as one can in the standalone ? I thought I was remembering having done it, but now Im not so sure, since I cant replicate it.

Cheers.
thats what im looking for, independent looping.

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:02 pm thats what im looking for, independent looping.
yes. We call that "freedom of sync choice"
https://www.plogue.com/bidule/help/ch03.html
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
https://plogue.com

davidv@plogue wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:40 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:02 pm thats what im looking for, independent looping.
awesome :tu:

Yes, that's why I brought it up. I know having multiple Sync Transports as sync sources works in the standalone. However when I was going to screengrab it for vurt in the plugin inside a host, it wouldnt work; I thought it used to.

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:20 pm
Yes, that's why I brought it up. I know having multiple Sync Transports as sync sources works in the standalone. However when I was going to screengrab it for vurt in the plugin inside a host, it wouldnt work; I thought it used to.
im happy to use standalone. doesnt have to be plug in based :)

i will obviously demo beforehand, but due to limited studio access, figured may as well ask first :)

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:51 pm i will obviously demo beforehand, but due to limited studio access, figured may as well ask first :)
IMHO you can't go wrong with the Plogue stuff. Enjoy!

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:51 pm i will obviously demo beforehand, but due to limited studio access, figured may as well ask first :)
Ive been using it since energyXT2 development tailspun itself into oblivion, so gimme a shout if there's summat you think I might know.

edit : wow, maybe earlier, the datestamp on my license file is 2005.

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:13 pm
Ive been using it since energyXT2 development tailspun itself into oblivion, so gimme a shout if there's summat you think I might know.

Exactly the time I started with Bidule. Without your edit ;)

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:13 pm

will do if i get stuck.
was just that one thing really.

you know the kind of things im interested in, and you havent said dont bother, so thats a good sign. 8)
its a probable purchase by the sounds of it :)
i shall report back.

thanks all for the help, i shall return you to the scheduled broadcast :hihi:

edit: the audio file players work as hoped :tu: (even more so really with the pitch stuff).
just trying to get to grips with routing and connecting lfos???

but now looks more liek a definite than probable purchase :D

Pradyum wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:21 am?????
yes!
the next time i fire up the studio comp (too much pain today after spending too long there yesterday grrr) i will be authorising bidule and imagine i will be a happy camper from here on in :)

thanks for your interest :)

is there a download/page where you can legally download many/all music files of snes/super famicom music/games in one file? thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

A big thank you davis, spc is an exquisite buoillant of nostalgia, for a little more ergonomics in the bus section, lo key and hi key could be determined by midi learn; I would also like for amiga 500 (and the emphasis on handling samples for the redux renoise differentiation).
peace and love for all.

Just wondering. Is it too early to put in a request for the emulation of this FM synthesizer:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Instruments”