Studio One 3,4,5 crashed too much.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

why-ya-dont upgrade ta ableton 10 i have no frukin' idea. it'z stable az shit cuz m4l iz intagrated

CapnLockheed wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:01 pm
jancivil wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:20 pm
I am seeing people here mention S1 isn't as stable on a Mac, I have no idea of it.
Sorry you have a problem with evidence based facts. It's a fact that many Mac users blame devs for things that are Apple's doing. I stand by everything I said.
I merely opted out of remarking on something I hadn't experienced.
You absolutely have fallen far short of revealing this issue (which I cannot comment on) as a Mac OS problem in itself.

I really can't respect the m.o. of one who leaps to 'you have a problem with evidence-based facts' out of this exchange.
I can't be certain you understand that you aren't talking about hard facts but an inchoate impression of people on the internet who report a lot of problems. I will say this much: if Studio One whatever v. is a botch because of Apple's practices (which you don't show you ever actually had, just you were all-caps "forced" to use it for some graphics at work or in 'a studio' and your strong {unarticulated} dislike for the platform) why isn't Cubase Pro 10.5 botched by Apple somehow? Why wasn't C10.0x? Why wasn't C9.5? And so on. I was able to set up my new system in June within a day and I was working. There is a possibility that some people don't have their shit together so well.

No, you aren't dealing with facts at all, you are posturing really hard that you are, but this is not that. This, if anything, is a signal example of someone who has no idea what critical thinking even remotely looks like. As a very simple and clear matter, if the issues of this software are pure Apple, why is this not true for everything? It makes zero sense as an argument. Apple changing their stuff up as causal to a particular application being buggy is just non-sequitur.
It's not more than an expression of a personal disposition (which seems to me strongly colored by resentment). My disposition is generally that you see a lot of problems reported on the internet fora, which is always out-of-balance because of the nature of discourse in this medium.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I started using S1 on my Mac yesterday and so far there's been a crash roughly every 2-3 hours.
And I'm not even doing anything complicated - just mixing some stems mostly with softube/fabfilter plugins. No VST instruments or anything CPU heavy.

I've never experienced something like this on my primary windows machine :-?

Kinh wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:53 pm why-ya-dont upgrade ta ableton 10 i have no frukin' idea. it'z stable az shit cuz m4l iz intagrated
:lol:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

reaper, cubase and mulabs dont :D

I've been using Studio One for up to 6 hours a day for the last three weeks and in all that time it has only crashed once, and that was when I tried to replace an instrument while it was playing. It's stability has been very, very impressive, better than Cubase and streets ahead of Orion (which you'd expect). The other thing that has really really impressed me is how quickly it loads songs. I'd say it takes around half the time Cubase does to open a similar project. I am really diggin' the Studio One experience so far. I can't see myself using Cubase or Orion ever again.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”