Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Imo it would make sense to pick up Multipass now and then the Phase Plant Professional bundle when it's on sale again for around $170.

So can Kilohearts Multipass host third party VST's?

no

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:13 am
Vortifex wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:30 am Am I right that you only get 6 really basic fx for making your own presets with it and have to pay up to 29 quid each for the rest? Seems like a crappy deal even for £29. Much better to wait for Triad to go on sale or buy HY-MBMFX2.
khs stuff is a "pick your moment" buy imo - in isolation it's not always a great deal, but snapins (fx) go on sale for cheap regularly and they work within their phase plant synth too.

I bought phaseplant professional for $166 in a BF sale, which included most of the snapins a while back but multipass gives them a new lease of life for me outside of phase plant.

There is a free non-multiband host for multiple snapins too called snapheap, which includes the same 6 snapins as multipass: eq/chorus/delay/stereo/gain/limiter. As noted above, snapins work as stand alone plugins too.
Khs GUIs are the equivalent of English cooking.

masterhiggins wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:19 pm
OneOfManyPauls wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:13 am
Vortifex wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:30 am Am I right that you only get 6 really basic fx for making your own presets with it and have to pay up to 29 quid each for the rest? Seems like a crappy deal even for £29. Much better to wait for Triad to go on sale or buy HY-MBMFX2.
khs stuff is a "pick your moment" buy imo - in isolation it's not always a great deal, but snapins (fx) go on sale for cheap regularly and they work within their phase plant synth too.

I bought phaseplant professional for $166 in a BF sale, which included most of the snapins a while back but multipass gives them a new lease of life for me outside of phase plant.

There is a free non-multiband host for multiple snapins too called snapheap, which includes the same 6 snapins as multipass: eq/chorus/delay/stereo/gain/limiter. As noted above, snapins work as stand alone plugins too.
Khs GUIs are the equivalent of English cooking.
LOL that's what I think about Melda's interfaces (not defending khs though)

I'm not one to overthink GUIs (and accompanying workflow based on said gui). I can typically jive with whatever is there unless the design is hindering. There's plenty of great developers who unfortunately don't have a clue when it comes guis that facilitate streamlined and effortless workflow, aside from the fact that comfort within an app varies considerably person to person.

However, some are better than others by miles, UA being one of them.
Have you tried Vital?

I keep kicking the tyres of the UVI Shades intro deal (€79). I think if it had come in at €49 I'd have snapped it up, but I'm thinking I've already got some very similar kit on the EQ side (FabFilter Pro-Q) and have various things for applying modulation, even FabFilter Volcano which I hardly ever use. On the other hand, Shades does seem to have very wide range of EQ types and if I bought it I could probably sell all my FabFilter plugins as it's only the fact I had a load bundled in with Pro-Q that has stopped me before.

Anyone seen any major pros or cons that would help make a decision e.g. CPU usage issues or aliasing ? I guess I'll download the demo anyway.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

”Anyone seen any major pros or cons that would help make a decision.”

Pros: I’m going to use it regularly, most likely
Cons; Most likely I use it once or twice, then forget it.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:17 am I keep kicking the tyres of the UVI Shades intro deal (€79). I think if it had come in at €49 I'd have snapped it up, but I'm thinking I've already got some very similar kit on the EQ side (FabFilter Pro-Q) and have various things for applying modulation, even FabFilter Volcano which I hardly ever use. On the other hand, Shades does seem to have very wide range of EQ types and if I bought it I could probably sell all my FabFilter plugins as it's only the fact I had a load bundled in with Pro-Q that has stopped me before.

Anyone seen any major pros or cons that would help make a decision e.g. CPU usage issues or aliasing ? I guess I'll download the demo anyway.
They kinda make an creative filter to end all filters, tons of default filters,..

And then they forget an essential: vowel and formant

Yes, maybe I could fight my way in this direction, but why should I,... its not an cheap plug

No demos, no mention in the very short-spoken "manual"

It looks nice and inviting ,.. but more like incomplete old wine on new bottles
HM

You can make your own formants and do vowel control with existing filters and modulation.

Gamma-UT wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:52 am You can make your own formants and do vowel control with existing filters and modulation.
My point was it should be already implemented in a various presets ,... especially at this pricepoint
HM

HM wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:49 am They kinda make an creative filter to end all filters, tons of default filters,..

Yes, maybe I could fight my way in this direction, but why should I,... its not an cheap plug

You are talking about Shade? If so, it has formant filter presets for different vowel sounds. There is a 15-day demo.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:06 am
HM wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:49 am They kinda make an creative filter to end all filters, tons of default filters,..

You are talking about Shade? If so, it has formant filter presets for different vowel sounds. There is a 15-day demo.
Fine if thats the case ,.. I just miss it in the manual and all the demo-videos I plowed :-)

What I am out for is high-q formant voicy filter-sounds like old z-planes and simular stuff
HM

HM wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:54 am
Gamma-UT wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:52 am You can make your own formants and do vowel control with existing filters and modulation.
My point was it should be already implemented in a various presets ,... especially at this pricepoint
Well, I'm looking at it more as an EQ and compared to FabFilter Pro-Q (£ 134) it seems pretty competitive especially when looking at the extra functionality.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Bit late, didn't realise until now that September only has 28 days this year:
PA 75USD voucher (minimum 99 net buy):

2020-09-07-HRD3F

Please post if you use it so others don't try fruitlessly...

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”