Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

the.new.me wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:14 am Can anyone help me by telling how to route Mega saw multiple oscillators to make it work as polyphonic? i know its possible for sure, but i yet have no knowledge how.
the mega saw is monophonic. duplicate to the amount of polyphony you want.
use the "Poly to mono" module, attach the polyphonic input, to the poly pitch (on the top of the screen), and for each module use an output of the "poly to mono" module.

et voila, you have polyphonic.

WasteLand wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:41 am
the.new.me wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:14 am Can anyone help me by telling how to route Mega saw multiple oscillators to make it work as polyphonic? i know its possible for sure, but i yet have no knowledge how.
use the "Poly to mono" module, attach the polyphonic input, to the poly pitch (on the top of the screen), and for each module use an output of the "poly to mono" module.

I tried that but somehow didnt worked for me earlier. Also now the same, must be doing something wrong. "Poly to mono"? not Mono to poly? can you maybe make a patch so i could check it out and find out what i did wrong? (2 voices is enough hehe)

the.new.me wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:50 am

I tried that but somehow didnt worked for me earlier. Also now the same, must be doing something wrong. "Poly to mono"? not Mono to poly? can you maybe make a patch so i could check it out and find out what i did wrong? (2 voices is enough hehe)
Maybe you're not using an envelope to prevent continuous output?
POLY_MEGASAWS.png
Poly Mega Saw.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Hmm cant you use Poly amplifier instead of 6 mono?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:53 am
the.new.me wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:50 am

Maybe you're not using an envelope to prevent continuous output?
POLY_MEGASAWS.pngPoly Mega Saw.zip
i copied your layout, doesnt play poly?

the.new.me wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:59 am Hmm cant you use Poly amplifier instead of 6 mono?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Did you open the attached preset?

Are you safe?

the patch with my patch...

EDIT: could make it stereo, or it can be. i had it stereo, user error.
but this could you going, also the patch of WatchTheGuitar.
Last edited by WasteLand on Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's a more efficient solution. I was trying to remember what was included with basic VM tbh

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:07 pm It's a more efficient solution. I was trying to remember what was included with basic VM tbh
i wanted to do also, with multi monophonic amplifiers.. but mono to poly, i thought... less patching.
but lesser control...

your patch has the advantage to, also if you use 6 envelopes, to do per voice "modulation", or settings...

WasteLand wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:10 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:07 pm It's a more efficient solution. I was trying to remember what was included with basic VM tbh
i wanted to do also, with multi monophonic amplifiers.. but mono to poly, i thought... less patching.
but lesser control...

your patch has the advantage to, also if you use 6 envelopes, to do per voice "modulation", or settings...
We're both great :hug:

The only other thing I'd point to in my pad is that I also changed the frequencies to include other octaves otherwise you end up with a pretty confined spread - the other option would be different applying detune levels, but you'd have to experiment to avoid nasty overlapping (or seek it as a feature).
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?

WasteLand wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:03 pm
the.new.me wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:59 am Hmm cant you use Poly amplifier instead of 6 mono?
This worked! thank you, now trying to get the logic behind this rack :)

Actually, adjusting the fine tunes from left to right to -0.10, 0.0, 0.05, 0.10 gives you a nice spread and pump it through some kind of effect because as Omri says "Reverb is life!"
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:11 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:10 pm
but lesser control...

We're both great :hug:
haha, yes!! so many different ways to do things, all have their advantages and disadvanteges, or better possibilties. :hug:
the.new.me wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:12 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:03 pm
This worked! thank you, now trying to get the logic behind this rack :)
take your time! experiment with the patch, disconnect some cables. delete modules...
that is the way! also learning by example and have some basic understanding...
but experimenting, besides fun, will you let discover your own way of working. (and still you need of course basic understanding. i am still learning.. i am certainly no expert.)

and 1000! (posts..)

thank you guys :)

Return to “Instruments”