Any news/leaks if Cubase 11 will fix high-DPI issues?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pixel85 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:34 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:11 pm (they couldn't even update GUI of 100% plugins in major update)
Apple still didn't made it 100% after 7 years and 5 major Logic updates (which essentially 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 and etc are), Logic environment is still untouched, but that didn't made Logic unusable, it won't make Cubase either.
Where I said that Cubase is or will be unusable?
You didn't, you talked about slow implementation, my point is that it will be still usable, even if not 100% of program is done immediately, it's non issue.

What Cubase really needs is gapless playback. It's so annoying that the audio gets interrupted every time I add a plugin, configure a send, add sidechain, ....

I guess because I have never used a DAW that doesn't do that, it seems normal to me :).
rsp
sound sculptist

Reefius wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:46 pm What Cubase really needs is gapless playback. It's so annoying that the audio gets interrupted every time I add a plugin, configure a send, add sidechain, ....
Have you tried disabling VST guard (or something)? One thing people rarely get is DAWs like Cubase or Reaper seem to offer better performance than Live or Bitwig is because they use tricks like that - bigger buffers for unarmed tracks, pre-rendering of stuff in the backgroud, etc. at the expense of fluid playback when stuff changes.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:36 am
Reefius wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:46 pm What Cubase really needs is gapless playback. It's so annoying that the audio gets interrupted every time I add a plugin, configure a send, add sidechain, ....
Have you tried disabling VST guard (or something)? One thing people rarely get is DAWs like Cubase or Reaper seem to offer better performance than Live or Bitwig is because they use tricks like that - bigger buffers for unarmed tracks, pre-rendering of stuff in the backgroud, etc. at the expense of fluid playback when stuff changes.
Doe not make any change. Cubase is not like Protools or Logic etc.
That is one of the top requests.

I don't really get why gapless playback is so important. Cubase is not made to be played live (even that some use it for this purpose). For production and mixing gapless playback is not that big deal. Nice to have but it's not changing much.

pixel85 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:06 am I don't really get why gapless playback is so important. Cubase is not made to be played live (even that some use it for this purpose). For production and mixing gapless playback is not that big deal. Nice to have but it's not changing much.
It's very distracting when your previous DAW didn't do that, though. Especially with Cubase that's prone to crashing with VST3.
Music tech enthusiast

Pretty sure someone would have gotten a hold of this 'leaked manual' and shared tf out of it by now if it existed.

jaesm wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:34 am Pretty sure someone would have gotten a hold of this 'leaked manual' and shared tf out of it by now if it existed.
I have the ''said'' beta manual from August as I am sure a few other members here as well or at least saw it but sharing it is something else. When I heard about it I found it the same day from a forum. It was gone the next day or so. So maybe Steinberg jumped on it or it is fake. I can not vouch for its authenticity but the whole thing looks real and the features make sense. We'll see soon.

jaesm wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:34 am Pretty sure someone would have gotten a hold of this 'leaked manual' and shared tf out of it by now if it existed.
I saw this leaked manual, if this is all that is new in Cubase 11, not worth the money for an update.

But I think there is more.

I hope it still will run on Mojave.

Serhii Kot wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:32 am
I saw this leaked manual, if this is all that is new in Cubase 11, not worth the money for an update.

But I think there is more.
Yes, I sure hope there is more...

I know it's kind of a bandwagon thing at this point, given that Logic beat them to it, but it'd be nice if they came up with their own session looping view similar to LIve/Bitwig. I always thought that was cool for sketching out ideas.

jaesm wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:19 pm I know it's kind of a bandwagon thing at this point, given that Logic beat them to it, but it'd be nice if they came up with their own session looping view similar to LIve/Bitwig. I always thought that was cool for sketching out ideas.
Yeah, that would be wonderful but I can't really see how would they bolt it on without gatting it completely break. It all barely holds together as it is now :(
Music tech enthusiast

+1 :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”