Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Just wondering if there's been any more development news on this synth since v2.2.0 was released?
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:14 am Just wondering if there's been any more development news on this synth since v2.2.0 was released?
Yes, the new version is actually ready to release. But I'll be gone for a few days and don't feel good about releasing when I'm not able to react to potential problems. Expect it next week.

A few highlights from the new version:
- finally removed Google Analytics data collection
- fixed "Legato" playmode as was suggested here
- new playmode "Mono Retrigger"
- better opening times for the GUI
- and YES, also your changed MacOS file locations :wink: (making the installer copy over your old soundbank to the new location gave me some headaches...)

PM me if you want the current build

Just checking in to see if there's been any progress. Looking forward to the next revision.
On a number of Macs

Been wondering that myself.

Weasel-Boy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:17 am Just checking in to see if there's been any progress. Looking forward to the next revision.
After the longest delay in the history of delays, maybe ever, I present to you:
Version 2.2.3 beta

This version has a lot of changes under the hood. If no major problems arise, this version, along with the source code will be the official release version. Yes, you read that right, Odin2 is going open-source :D

The changes this version brings:

Removal of the automatic analytics collection
Since the project was upgraded to JUCE6, it no longer has to compile in the automatic analytics collection - Odin won't be phoning home no more.

Replaced Linux VST2 version with VST3 and LV2
Important for Linux users: The VST2 version will no longer be distributed (I am not allowed to). Please make sure your host supports VST3 or LV2 before upgrading. If you install with the Debian package, the VST2 version will be removed. The generic installer won't remove the VST2.
I'm not too sure how hosts will handle a change in the plugin version. If you have any big undone project, I suggest you finish it before upgrading.

Legato fix and new playmode: Retrig
Legato was fixed so when you hold down a key, press and release another, the original key will trigger a note again. Additionally, playmode Retrig was added, which behaves like Legato, but all Envelopes are hard-reset on note-on.

Improved opening times for GUI

Changed Mac file location
Stuff is stored in /Library/Audio/Presets/odin2 now. Your old sound bank will be properly copied over, so nothing gets lost :wink:

Added scroll-bars to patchbrowser
Users with a laptop can scroll the patchbrowser too now :wink:

Full Patchnotes
- upgraded to JUCE 6
- removed automatic analytics-collection by JUCE
- removed linux VST2 version
- added linux VST3 version
- added linux LV2 version
- new playmode: Retrig
- playmodes Legato and Retrig will now play linguring notes again after the current key is released
- improved opening time for GUI
- added scroll bars to patch-browser
- changed MAC file location
- debian package now correctly packed for amd64 rather than i386
Last edited by TheWaveWarden on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:29 pm Yes, you read that right, Odin2 is going open-source :D
:party: :clap: :singer: :band: :band: :violin:
Yaaaaay - this will sit proudly alongside Surge in my sonic arsenal! Thank you Wavewarden. :hug:

EDIT: Awesome news on the patchbrowser. 8)

I just found about this last week so I'll have to try the newest version but it's a very interesting vst for sure ample mod options and the draw oscillators are fun!

For some reason I can't find any preset browsing or preset saving options?
Odin2Presets.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:29 pm After the longest delay in the history of delays, maybe ever, I present to you:
Version 2.2.3 beta

This version has a lot of changes under the hood. If no major problems arise, this version, along with the source code will be the official release version. Yes, you read that right, Odin2 is going open-source :D
Great news. Now, I hope someone with a valid license will compile this for VST2 as well :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

Tannaliini wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:40 am For some reason I can't find any preset browsing or preset saving options? Odin2Presets.JPG
"Preset library"

Kott wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:49 am
Tannaliini wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:40 am For some reason I can't find any preset browsing or preset saving options? Odin2Presets.JPG
"Preset library"
Found it :dog:
I was so focusing looking it from the top corner :D

Oh I totally forgot to mention:

The biggest shoutout to Kott for providing the wrapper which allows for the LV2 version. Without him I literally would have had no idea this was even possible! :clap:

Sorry for forgetting to crediting you in the post above

Tannaliini wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:36 am Found it :dog:
I was so focusing looking it from the top corner :D
Placing is not intuitive, I admit. I'm thinking about adding an additional button in the top-left, which just opens the browser, so your eyes get drawn there.

Thanks a lot for the update Fred ! :)

I was so pleased with the update I spent a large part of last night sorting out my user patches. :D

Return to “Instruments”