XSRDO Analogy Official Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dave dove wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:57 pm hey
i'm having trouble setting folder permissions
to what am i allowing read and write access to the vst folder?
dave
If you need windows UAC to install it, you will also need UAC to run it.
When you close Analogy it does the equivalent of saving a bank.
It's the CurrentProject.bnk file in the Analogy folder containing current project settings, menu options and preset patch status
as well as some other stuff.
Analogy doesn't make use of the VST .fxb .fxp file management system and so needs to keep its own record. That's why I use c:/vst/plugins but any plugin location without UAC will work.

Hope that helps
Kirsty :)

sorted now
i wasn't giving the right object permission
dave

I've taken the link to v0.998.5 down.

I thought I was being clever having some fancy graphic display of cloned inputs poping up on a right mouse click but after playing with it for a while I realise it's just silly.

I've simplified the whole operation and now just drag and drop multiple cables onto an input.
All available in the next update.

Updated to v0.999

Inputs now accept more than one output cable. Just drag and drop cables from output to input.
Most inputs can have up to four outputs connected to them.
A small number are limited to two or one for technical reasons.
Right click on an input to see how many cables it can accept.

This is probably the last beta version. My next update hopefully should be v1.0
Free download from my blog as usual.
http://xsrdo.blogspot.com/

The multiple cables to inputs is nice. In my case I'd use more multiple cable from outs, but it's still a big win.

It seems that it doesn't recall patches. I did a patch and I can't open it after saving. It's attached.

When I open it I can't see any wire. If you fix the loading I'd like to know if the patch itself can be fixed too or the cable information is lost. As it took some time to do it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This is what I see. The cables were configured as thin. Reaper 6.14 Win 10 x64. Maximum size on everything on the installer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Rafa

pm-pad loads and works fine for me :?
https://youtu.be/YVHSXFvSy-c
Analogy has an internal dev mode tool that I use to analyse preset files and it shows no errors on this patch.
I'll modify it into a more 'end-user' friendly format and post an update explaining how it works.
Maybe that will help you out.

Regards

I will try later to set the cables back to normal and see if it loads.

No, it doesn't load for me.

Gave a quick run through of the presets and everything seems ok with me so far. (Win7 - Cakewalk) Will put it through its paces soon.

Re:pm-pad.zip
rafa1981 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:13 pm I will try later to set the cables back to normal and see if it loads.
Cable state (normal, thin, wire) is stored in the header chunk of the CurrentProject file and is not related to patches. I've loaded it into Orion, Reaper v6.08 and MuLabs with no issues. Looking closely at the image you posted I see all the parameters are set to zero. This would happen if the file load operation manages to miss a byte somehow :!: but I don't know why.

@erisian Does it load OK for you :?:

It seems to me that almost all the issues being reported over the past few months are GUI related.
ie: a module that gets slightly misaligned on screen and subsequently saved in a patch, which then causes a file load error.
For some time now I have been sitting on the fence trying to decide whether to write a new file system for patches and banks. This latest issue has pushed me over the edge not literally. I'll start work on a more robust file handler for v0.999 - v1.0

Thanks for your help

Now that you said that the projects have state, when I come home I will try to load the patch from a new project.

Maybe saving patches as clear text (e.g. json) can be a good idea for backcompatibility. It's still not clear what is causing the issue though...

Hi Kirsty

If the Output to DAW module is accidently deleted, is there a way of getting it back without loading another patch? I can't find it in the list.

If I load a new project, as soon as I open a new instance it comes with that patch (pm-pad) and it loads as shown in the picture.

If I try to load any of my older patches, they all load with no cables and with the parameters set to 0.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”