Waves 28 year sale.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now if only they did WUP for $28. That might be worth it for the extra plugins I would get added to my bundles.....

:tu:

HAHAHA! that's a good one!

+1
+1
+1

I find it amusing that they keep coming up with a reason to extend the same damned “sale” thats been going on for like 6 months at this point.

Wake me up when they do the 2 for 1 at $30. That's the real sale.

Waves' sales are so boring these days. It's like their marketing manager has run out of ideas.

As soon as I figured out the WUP scam (that's my opinion, and I'm not going to be convinced otherwise), I went through any track I produced using Waves plugins and replaced them with by A/Bing against Fabfilter, Klanghelm, and Soundtoys equivalents. And you know what? That worked really great.

Sahul wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:26 am Waves' sales are so boring these days. It's like their marketing manager has run out of ideas.
Right? If you have an anniversary sale EVERY year it kinda ruins the special-ness of it.

Waves will start the Prime Number 29 Sale tomorrow.
It will last only 29 hours.

After that there will be the Golden October Sale.
It will last 29 days.

Then they will launch the Final Countdown Sale.
It will end after 29 months.

Last not least coming the Armageddon Sale.
Going until the end of time.

:party:

You guys should be happy that their plugins are affordable. Not angry.

I'm sure they'll make you a consistently high price when you ask them to. :lol:

Waves needs a custom bundle sale. Any plugins you want, limit of 5, for like $150. Including WUP
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

infatuation wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:11 am
Sahul wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:26 am Waves' sales are so boring these days. It's like their marketing manager has run out of ideas.
Right? If you have an anniversary sale EVERY year it kinda ruins the special-ness of it.
At my first job (back in the '80s), I was once late for work. The manager pulled me in the office and informed me that if I was regularly late, I would get a written warning and could be sacked.

So I said to him, so if I'm late on my 10th anniversay, 20th anniversary, 30th anniversary, i will be sacked, but if I'm late today, twice next week, not at all the following week, maybe the week after that, it will be fine and I won't get warned or sacked, since those are not regular.

He wasn't best pleased with my logic.
Hey, I didn't make the rules.

Think of them what you will (and the sale of course is rather silly), but 28 years means they started in 1992, they have been pioneering the DSP and plugin business, and in contrast to other companies from that era (like Digidesign, Steinberg, Emagic) they’ve never been bought by some corporation and are still owned and run by their original founders, afaik. Gotta give credit where credit’s due.
That being said, I never quite got along with their UI/UX, especially their knob acceleration behavior which feels weird to me...

And they still sell their L1 they made for Dizzidesigns Sounddesigner (as VST though...) Chapeaux... grab it for 29,- before its too late...; - )

Don't get me wrong, I really do love Waves plugins. It's just that they have been running this same 40% sale, with different names, since almost the start of the year. At this point, I guess their marketing could be a tad more imaginative.

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:45 am You guys should be happy that their plugins are affordable. Not angry.
I don't hink anyone is angry at the sale (they might be about WUP), I was just taking the mick, since this sale has been going on for a long time, they just keep changing the name every few weeks.

I'm not convinced they are even following the UK guidelines as to what a sale is allowed to be. Things frowned upon.

Price establishing for 28-days within a 6-month period so that a product is at full price for one month and then on discount for 5 months. The recommendation is to move to 1:1 pricing (i.e. the product is offered at a discount for the same period of time or shorter than the product is sold at full price).

Using a reference price that applied many months (at least more than 2 months) prior to the promotion.

Three examples of price comparisons that may not be genuine:

Offering successive types of discounts on the same product. For example, month one: product priced at £500 but within a “Buy 2 get 10% off promotion”; month two “Was £500, now £350”.

The higher price is not the last price that the product was sold at, for example there have been intervening prices, but the higher price is used as the reference price.

There are a series of price claims but each subsequent claim does not offer a greater discount. For example, “Was £150, now £75”, followed by “Was £150, now £99”.

These are from 2017, so the rules have probably changed again anyway.

When was the last time a waves product was sold at full price?

Return to “Effects”